Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2007, 22:50   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
its easy for a ikon

just remove the black or the silver thing around the speedo and then unscrew the speedo and unhook the speedo cable from behind and then you will find many nob their will be big and small nob's remove only the big and then remove the cap or change the bulb
Are you sure about this?
Because Ikons have projector bulbs which are lit from the front of the odo and not behind.
Old 2nd July 2007, 01:04   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonVilano View Post
Are you sure about this?
Because Ikons have projector bulbs which are lit from the front of the odo and not behind.
now i didn't knew this

i think you will be better of getting it don't by a professional car electrition
Old 2nd July 2007, 07:45   #63
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonVilano View Post
Are you sure about this?

yes ikon has projector bulbs which are lit from front not behind the odo.....
Old 2nd July 2007, 10:49   #64
BANNED

Manik, each and every car may have different lighting systems.
One theory may not apply all.
Old 2nd July 2007, 11:01   #65
Team-BHP Support

Yup zak. The Skoda's system is a downright pain to change. The LED's it uses are completely different and almost impossible to find here. And once you get them, they have to be soldered in, and one small mistake means you can kiss your instrument pod goodbye!
Old 2nd July 2007, 12:15   #66
BHPian

Yo Ma Gawd. And I thought Ikon was the worst. So, another reason to avoid Skoda! Eh?
Old 2nd July 2007, 20:06   #67
BHPian

Messy !!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenopio View Post
guys did any one tried it on zen ..i think we cant change the colour of the dial in zen because its painted green ..i tryed putting white bulbs .but also the dial glows in green colour mine is 2001 zen

how is the dial in the new zen ..not the estill but the type 2 zen..can we put a white light in that...what is the cost of the dial of zen type 2
Guys i tried it on my zen.
1st removed 4 screws and took out the panel.
Then removed another 5 screws but the speedo console just wouldnt come out. Im just able to shake it but its not coming out !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2nd July 2007, 21:31   #68
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle_f1 View Post
Guys i tried it on my zen.
1st removed 4 screws and took out the panel.
Then removed another 5 screws but the speedo console just wouldnt come out. Im just able to shake it but its not coming out !!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes even i tryed ...then i took it to my mech he opend it ,and their will be one more cable at the back side ... which will be the tough one to be removed
Old 2nd July 2007, 21:56   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenopio View Post
yes even i tryed ...then i took it to my mech he opend it ,and their will be one more cable at the back side ... which will be the tough one to be removed
That is the cable of the speedometer which makes the go up and down don't try to remove this yourself ever its very hard to put on without tools ( i learnt in the hard way i broke the cable twice in my zen )

i was lucky that the alto has a all electronic design intrument panel

get it done by mechanic only better be safe than sorry

Last edited by manikjeet : 2nd July 2007 at 21:57.
Old 3rd October 2007, 11:46   #70
BHPian

I want to change the SX4 dash light from white to Orange. How many LED light does it have ?
Old 3rd October 2007, 13:24   #71
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
I want to change the SX4 dash light from white to Orange. How many LED light does it have ?
i dont think anyone has done it before so they wont be able to answer your query. but the sx4 is being sold in lots of other markets. im sure youll be able to get a kit online to change the colour.
Old 2nd January 2008, 20:47   #72
Senior - BHPian

hey guys please check this link

hey guys please check the link below and tell me whether this will fit on alto?? these are wedge type bulbs

eBay India: SUPERBRIGHT RED LIGHT LED BULBS, 12V (item 120205004792 end time 08-Jan-2008 17:18:38 IST)
Old 3rd January 2008, 13:38   #73
Senior - BHPian

It say they can fit in the dashboard

the side indicator bulbs and the parking light bulbs and the dash board lights are the same
Old 7th June 2008, 11:28   #74
Senior - BHPian

do i need to buy 5V bulbs or 12V for the dashboard? now i am on serious expedition of changing the dashboard lights to blue. Blue is my favourite.
Old 7th June 2008, 12:52   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
do i need to buy 5V bulbs or 12V for the dashboard? now i am on serious expedition of changing the dashboard lights to blue. Blue is my favourite.
5V bulbs, same as the sidelight bulbs. In fact, you could get yourself those blue sidelight bulbs and save yourself the trouble of capping them with some blue lining. Philips Bluevision is an option.

On another note, just thought I'd mention that this procedure isn't possible in a Lancer. I tried it (wanted red illumination instead of the standard greenish white), but it turns out there is a film/sticker in front of the bulbs, whose paint colour determines the colour of the illumination. So the entire speedo markings are on a sticker/film kind of thing, and there are alternatives available for this sticker. That's what I got for my car. I believe it is available for the OHC and some other cars as well. Costs anywhere between 3 & 4K, and comes with a brightness adjustor & colour changer (blue/green in my case).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks