Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2008, 19:02   #16
BHPian

Duracell

Have been using Duracell 2650 mAh for a couple of months now, work perfectly fine on my digicam. Had paid Rs.350 (IIRC) for a pair.
And yes they are original, with bill. As far as sony batteries go, the less said the better, as my personal experience with them was quiet bad.
Old 12th March 2008, 02:04   #17
BHPian

I am using Sanyo 2500 NI-MH batteries for my Canon S3IS digicam, a set of 4 batteries and a charger for 1200 rupees. And i must say that i am thoroughly disappointed with the batteries performance. While using the camera they will work fine for 50 odd snaps and then eventually show low battery before going off completely. What can be the problem? possibility of the batteries being fake or is it just that the camera is just too powerful for the batteries? Which brand should i go in for other than Sony?

Dhaval
Old 12th March 2008, 05:58   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Fellows,

Am using AA Sony Ni-Mh rechargable batteries for my Canon digital camera and it seems they have lost their juice. I charge them fully (Original Sony charger) and use them for an hour and they are drained ! Its been just about an year using them.
Hey NC,

I bought a sony 4hr charger + 4 2500mAh AA batts.

Worked great.

Then i thought i lost it, so i bought another fancier sony chanrger (individual battery backlit LCD displays + drain/refresh mode etc etc) which came with 4 2700mAh AA batteries, and a tempting pricetag.

Those batteries SUCKED! Ran out way faster.
They look EXACTLY the same as the first set - apart from the "mAh" reading (and a faint serial number stamped on them).

Maybe its a case of "sony" batteries being manufactuered in different factories, but all being badged the same.

I also use Powerex (bought from newegg.com). Got 8 x 2700mAh AAs and they all work great.

cya
R
Old 12th March 2008, 09:47   #19
Senior - BHPian

^^^^^ Powrex is the best battery I have used so far. Working well for 2 years now and retains charge for a few months.
Old 12th March 2008, 10:38   #20
BHPian

Mixed bag

Quote:
No - it is 2100 mAH capacity
If it is the same blue with orange at lower end then I agree with you. I also have similar issues with 2100mAH Sony. Within 6 months of use I can take only 10 snaps.

But on the same note, 1700mAH Sony purchased a year prior to that are doing good.Sanyo 2500mAH was my worst buy. Then lost the capacity within 6 months.

Whenever I don't use camera, I use them with my radio or MP3 player.
Old 12th March 2008, 22:24   #21
BHPian

Unfortunately for me i cant get duracell or some other good brand here at local stores they all seem to have chinese made batteries and chargers.I bought one of this charger(fake Panasonic) and 8 bateries but after few weeks these seems to have exhausted their life.

Now i am getting this powerax kit from newegg in May.

BTW does anyone have used these sunpak batteries,i need many of these to use in my kid's toys?
Old 12th March 2008, 22:58   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airfoil View Post
I suggest you get Camelion 2500
Today I got myself 4 Camelion 2300 mAH batteries from Reliance Digital in Vashi for 640 Rs. And I got to meet the Yeti too.

Will update this thread on the performance from time to time.
Old 12th March 2008, 23:32   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr View Post
Now i am getting this powerax kit from newegg in May.
Those are the exact powerex batteries i have (2700mAh). They work great. I use them with 2 sony chargers.

The sunpack looks shady (just my opinion - never tried em!). Why dont you buy these instead (a little more expensive though) Newegg.com - POWEREX MH-8AA270BH Batteries w/ Carrying Case 8-pack 2700mAh

cya
R
Old 12th March 2008, 23:36   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And I got to meet the Yeti too.
What??? Free meet with the Yeti with purchase of 4 batteries?? Well some people might be interested in that offer for all you know!
Old 13th March 2008, 00:13   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Today I got myself 4 Camelion 2300 mAH batteries from Reliance Digital in Vashi for 640 Rs. And I got to meet the Yeti too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
What??? Free meet with the Yeti with purchase of 4 batteries?? Well some people might be interested in that offer for all you know!
Hey come on lol. I was at Reliance Digital delivering a training on Car Audio. Called N_C and he came over. Not such a big deal you know lol
Old 13th March 2008, 08:35   #26
BHPian

i am currently using sony (1700 mAh) and uniross (2500 mAh)

with a uniross sprint charger .

the charger is Excellent , it takes roughly 12- 15 mins to charge 4 completely drained 2500 mAh batterys ....
Old 15th March 2008, 23:44   #27
BHPian

Today i looked for rechargable batteries locally and i was able to found camelion batteries.I was quoted 150/piece for either 2500/2600mA.I was also quoted reasonable price for 2/4 batteries camelion charger.

Price seems to be reasonable but my main question is whether should i get powerex from newegg or camelion locally??
If powerex quality is much better than camelion then i would go for former otherwise not.

BTW plz suggest me some good non-rechargable batteries, i would be needing these after 5-6days.I used camelion today but i could get only 2-3shots beofre my canon S5IS started giving low battery indication.
Old 16th March 2008, 00:08   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

I bought a Sanyo charger and NiMh 2500 batteries with my Canon Camera a couple of years back. Granted, this was a shop that deals in grey, the camera was, but the batteries seemed fine.

I added another set of the same Sanyos later. True, I bought them in Burma Bazaar, which is like when you got them home did you find you'd been sold four bits of rolled-up cardboard some-one had handwritten 'Sanyo' on --- but they were properly packed, everything really did seem fine, just had another country's MRP on them, so probably grey again.

After a few months, though, they just stopped holding any charge. If I didn't use them immediately, they'd be flat when I took the camera out.

Now I use some that I brought from UK, Boot's own brand. I still use the Sanyo charger. I can keep a set of batteries charged up, not use the camera for a while, and still take a few pics. I still use the Sanyo charger, though.
Old 16th March 2008, 05:44   #29
Senior - BHPian

I have been using DURACELL Ni Mh rechargeable batteries for the last few months ever since I bought my S5IS and they are working pretty fine. No hassles.
Old 16th March 2008, 07:06   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
N_C, I have used rechargeable AA extensively. I would advise you to stay away from Sony rechargeable AA batteries.

The brands I would advise you to buy are Chameleon, Sanyo and Duracell. Uniross also make excellent batteries but the only pair I bought lost their skin in less than a year. Not nice.

For your camera I would suggest 2300 upwards. You can buy Duracell etc. from large format electronics stores (Croma, Hypercity etc.) and from most photo shops.
Surely the ever erudite Yeti meant Camelion!

Both are decent: Camelion and Uniross. Latter esp has a kickass all in one set for 1600 (AC charger, 4 batteries, DC charger), which was on discount for 1100 mid 2007. aajkal donno.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks