Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2011, 22:45   #496
Senior - BHPian
 
mdsaab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,624
Thanked: 446 Times
Default Re: Honda India slashes the City's price by Rs. 44,000 - 66,000!

Yep Lip spoiler in Honda terms is known as Ducktail Spoiler.
I am so used to this method i follow of reversing, that i don't think i will ever end up getting sensors fitted. Yes if they come standard on my next car i will live with them.
Else getting it installed myself, no thanks.
Touch wood, no issues while backing up so far. So no regrets.

for all you Bangalore folks ~ Kap04 is going to throw some light on a mind blowing Bangalore offer on the City. I will leave it for him to post.
Yes mdsaab did get a PM preview of the offer ~
mdsaab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2011, 22:51   #497
Distinguished - BHPian
 
swiftnfurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 6,448
Thanked: 6,423 Times
Default Re: Honda India slashes the City's price by Rs. 44,000 - 66,000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Else getting it installed myself, no thanks.
Touch wood, no issues while backing up so far. So no regrets.
In fact that portion was not for you ! It was for people who thinks "whether its a good option". Trust me, backing up "successfully" without any devices always gives an additional satisfaction as I have experienced.

But then having the sensors will let you utilize the space better is what I observed from my own experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
for all you Bangalore folks ~ Kap04 is going to throw some light on a mind blowing Bangalore offer on the City. I will leave it for him to post.
Now waiting for that super duper Bangy offer though I have no plans to buy it.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2011, 22:58   #498
aby
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 97
Thanked: 6 Times
Default Re: Honda India slashes the City's price by Rs. 44,000 - 66,000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Yep Lip spoiler in Honda terms is known as Ducktail Spoiler.
I am so used to this method i follow of reversing, that i don't think i will ever end up getting sensors fitted. Yes if they come standard on my next car i will live with them.
Else getting it installed myself, no thanks.
Touch wood, no issues while backing up so far. So no regrets.

for all you Bangalore folks ~ Kap04 is going to throw some light on a mind blowing Bangalore offer on the City. I will leave it for him to post.
Yes mdsaab did get a PM preview of the offer ~
I am eagerly awaiting Kap04. I have spend quite a few days bargaining with Magnum, I would know what should be the ceiling for the bargaining
aby is offline  
Old 31st July 2011, 00:25   #499
BHPian
 
bharatbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 374
Thanked: 108 Times
Default Re: Honda India slashes the City's price by Rs. 44,000 - 66,000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Yep Lip spoiler in Honda terms is known as Ducktail Spoiler.
I am so used to this method i follow of reversing, that i don't think i will ever end up getting sensors fitted. Yes if they come standard on my next car i will live with them.
Else getting it installed myself, no thanks.
Touch wood, no issues while backing up so far. So no regrets.

for all you Bangalore folks ~ Kap04 is going to throw some light on a mind blowing Bangalore offer on the City. I will leave it for him to post.
Yes mdsaab did get a PM preview of the offer ~
A combo offer perhaps, like buy a City and get a Brio free? Sorry coudn't resist especially after hearing about the VW Phaeton & Beetle deal. On a more serious note I think interest free loan and petrol vouchers should are possible.
bharatbs is offline  
Old 31st July 2011, 07:07   #500
Senior - BHPian
 
mdsaab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,624
Thanked: 446 Times
Default Re: Honda India slashes the City's price by Rs. 44,000 - 66,000!

Bangalore folks ~ whats the best offer so far from Bangalore?
mdsaab is offline  
Old 31st July 2011, 07:49   #501
BHPian
 
Aeroman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 25
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: Honda India slashes the City's price by Rs. 44,000 - 66,000!

85K Cash Discount on On-Road Price, 3M Sunfilm and parking sensors. This is the deal for apparently till only 31-Jul-11. Should I book it or wait for August offers?
Aeroman is offline  
Old 31st July 2011, 08:17   #502
aby
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 97
Thanked: 6 Times
Default Re: Honda India slashes the City's price by Rs. 44,000 - 66,000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Bangalore folks ~ whats the best offer so far from Bangalore?
9.35 on Road for a S variant with a few accessories thrown in (Sun Film, Teflon coating, Door guards, Reverse Sensors and some minor stuff). That is what I could bargain, though in the back of the mind I have the feeling that if pushed I could get something more in terms of additional accessories or cash discount.
aby is offline  
Old 31st July 2011, 08:28   #503
Senior - BHPian
 
mdsaab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,624
Thanked: 446 Times
Default Re: Honda India slashes the City's price by Rs. 44,000 - 66,000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aby View Post
9.35 on Road for a S variant with a few accessories thrown in (Sun Film, Teflon coating, Door guards, Reverse Sensors and some minor stuff). That is what I could bargain, though in the back of the mind I have the feeling that if pushed I could get something more in terms of additional accessories or cash discount.
and discount wise this works out to?
for e.g 50K cash discount or 70K discount
mdsaab is offline  
Old 31st July 2011, 10:13   #504
UKR
BHPian
 
UKR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Trivandrum/Bangalore
Posts: 90
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: Honda India slashes the City's price by Rs. 44,000 - 66,000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Please do not go for those sensors. Infact if possible don't go for any.
You will very quickly learn to judge the distance when you reverse.
If you are having a tough time, do what i do.
Open the door and get a better look while backing up. (Not possible at times)
And in extreme cases, i get out of the car. take a look at the distance. and then make a mental calculation, and back up without any issues.
But most of the times i am spot on with the calculations without having to open the door or get out. It only takes a few days to get used to it.
Trust me!
Totally agree. In fact I follow the exact same process when backing up. No sensors fixed on my Linea as well. I open the door to get a better view. In tight spots, I just step out and have a look to get a better idea. And the satisfaction you get every time is worth the effort.
UKR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2011, 10:54   #505
aby
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 97
Thanked: 6 Times
Default Re: Honda India slashes the City's price by Rs. 44,000 - 66,000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
and discount wise this works out to?
for e.g 50K cash discount or 70K discount
The un-discounted price is 9.98 OTR. The final quote I got, had free Insurance plus 40k cash discount, which made the OTR price 9.35L. Plus some 15k worth of accessories thrown in for free. I know I can squeeze something more, can someone guide how much and what.
aby is offline  
Old 31st July 2011, 11:01   #506
Senior - BHPian
 
mdsaab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,624
Thanked: 446 Times
Default Re: Honda India slashes the City's price by Rs. 44,000 - 66,000!

Ok since our friend Kap04 is not here at the moment.
Full credit goes to him for this post, as he PMed me the details.
A Bangalore dealer is offering him 85K Flat cash discount.
No free accessories then.
I think this is the best deal so far.
and the clearly the best from Bangalore so far.
I would prefer cash over free accessories anyday.
mdsaab is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2011, 11:11   #507
aby
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 97
Thanked: 6 Times
Default Re: Honda India slashes the City's price by Rs. 44,000 - 66,000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Ok since our friend Kap04 is not here at the moment.
Full credit goes to him for this post, as he PMed me the details.
A Bangalore dealer is offering him 85K Flat cash discount.
No free accessories then.
I think this is the best deal so far.
and the clearly the best from Bangalore so far.
I would prefer cash over free accessories anyday.
This sure is a better deal without doubt. Can you please provide details of the dealer (Can PM if you don't want to make it public).
aby is offline  
Old 31st July 2011, 11:34   #508
Senior - BHPian
 
mdsaab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,624
Thanked: 446 Times
Default Re: Honda India slashes the City's price by Rs. 44,000 - 66,000!

I don't think making it public should be a problem.
But i will ask our friend Kap04 to share the same.
I have already disclosed the discounts.
So let him post where to get it from.
The full credit goes to him after all.
mdsaab is offline  
Old 31st July 2011, 12:04   #509
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 47,713
Thanked: 89,077 Times
Default Re: Honda India slashes the City's price by Rs. 44,000 - 66,000!

Guys, the industry impact has been discussed enough. Since the last couple of pages only revolve around best prices & freebies, please continue the discussion on the new car price check thread (The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals).
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kawasaki slashes Z800 price by Rs.50,000 //M Superbikes & Imports 37 9th January 2017 13:40
Piaggio slashes Vespa price by Rs. 6.5 - 7k sam.666 Motorbikes 16 19th March 2013 14:00
Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56 swiftnfurious The Indian Car Scene 1441 17th September 2011 15:03
Hyundai slashes prices by Rs.33,000 varun.ppl The Indian Car Scene 18 5th December 2008 22:33


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:35.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks