Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2013, 21:27   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Motors announces Horizonext with 8 simultaneous facelift launches

Nano is into my list now. Was planning to buy an Alto K10 for wifey next year but the New Nano looks kida really cool and nice. CNG is an added advantage.

Good Going Tata but you still need to deliver a LOT MORE to come up.
Old 20th June 2013, 21:48   #32
BHPian

I believe TATA needs is a new line up of cars. What I mean is that they need a car which is a main brand (jewel in their crown) and then lot of flanking brands/cars around it. Kind of what Swift does for Maruti. The refresh strategy will only take them so far, not to the next level.

Thanks for the report @moralfiber
Old 20th June 2013, 23:25   #33
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the very detailed and descriptive report @moralfibre.

It is good to see Tata trying to regain its lost ground. And with the Horizonext they've clearly acknowledged the widely perceived problems with Tata vehicles. I wish them success with this.

On a different note, with these upgrades/refreshes done, the vehicles that remain untouched over the last 6-9 months are the Sumo Grande, the Aria and the Venture. Did you get to know if they have anything in store for them?

Last edited by safari_lover : 20th June 2013 at 23:28.
Old 20th June 2013, 23:39   #34

Wow... Thanks a lot Moralfibre for the detailed report about the latest product launches by Tata Motors .
Good Job Tata , feel very happy to see Tata has pulled up its socks and has become an aggressive player in the intensely competetive Indian Car market. The dwindling sales figures have pushed the company to wall and now it has changed the company for the better ... now we can expect better new products and improved quality on all its existing products .
Nano has been upgraded and also now more focussed towards the youth and moving away from its cheap car image , its variants now look sporty and cool. Hopefully these changes will give the Nano a brilliant product the sales figures it deserves
Old 21st June 2013, 10:39   #35
Senior - BHPian

Awesome composition. Big thanks. But not so happy with TATA. everything still looks so utilitarian and desperate attempt.

We have been bashing Toyota itself for the basic interiors and they have at least the legendary reliability which will still attract some customers. But our home T(ata) lacks that as well.
Old 21st June 2013, 11:06   #36
BHPian

I don't think these facelifts are going to do the job for Tata. They need their very own XUV5OO/Duster/Ecosport(still depends on price) to kickstart their brand image.
Old 21st June 2013, 11:58   #37
BHPian

Thanks moralfibre for the most comprehensive update of these new launches. This update information and the presentation is more detailed and very professional even in comparison to the Tata website.

The new variants of Nano look quite cool and should interest wifey. The old variants were too plain. Will visit a showroom as soon as they are available on display and ready for booking.

Warm Regards,
Andy
Old 21st June 2013, 12:15   #38
BHPian

Nothing has really changed, Tata needs a new design mantra altogether, Like how Hyundai went Fluidic.
Tata motors needs to concentrate on build quality which has always been there week point, There is no arguing for me that they definately need a new design qoutient in the first place.
I also don't understand why Tata has not discontinued sumo and concentrated more on bringing an MUV just like Toyota did with Qualis.
Old 21st June 2013, 14:25   #39
BHPian

When can we get the bull bar on Red modified Safari? saw one on Endeavor few weeks back
Old 21st June 2013, 14:47   #40
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quite a promising launch. They needed to do something to retain interest in their vehicles. But they cannot rest now and need to do something more in a second phase in a few more months.

Product improvements are always something worth having and this is like revamp of a few product segments all a the same time. Yes except CNG and gearbox change models the other changes are cosmetic. But this should have some impact on sales.
Old 21st June 2013, 15:37   #41
BHPian

A good step in the right direction. As they say, a great journey starts with a single step. Let us hope the same spirit prevails all along the journey and I'm waiting to see Tata hold the place where it once used to be in India car market.
Old 21st June 2013, 16:58   #42
BHPian

Thanks for the report Moralfibre.

My family owns a Indigo CS petrol 2008 model. I will like to add some bits here:

Positives:

1. Space - There is enough space for 5 people on board. Enough of legroom and headroom for taller people.

2. Back seat comfort and the ride quality - It's a reasonable car to buy if you have a budget and will be primarily be chauffeur driven.

Negatives:

3. The car is an absolute dud to drive. There is just not enough power and things get worse with the AC on. Forget driving pleasure.

4. The braking capacity is inadequate, hope they did rectify it. They should offer ABS as an option on it.

5. We have had our share of breakdowns and I can say that the car is not reliable, the platform being used is almost a decade old when Tatas had just entered this business.

6. I am glad they changed the stupid 'T' shape steering. It was awful to hold and the horn pad had a design flaw, at certain angles and places, it just wouldn't work.

7. The earlier beige dashboard had horrible plastic quality, hope the new black shade is a tad better.

Overall, I think it's better to spend some extra money and buy a more modern and fun to drive hatch like a figo or upgrade to the Manza as it retains all the good qualities of the orginial product but is now equipped with a better efficient engine and more modern feel to the interiors.

Last edited by trek : 21st June 2013 at 16:59.
trek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2013, 21:21   #43
BHPian

It would have been nice if the Tatas could have the Nano to have a better tuned exhaust note too in this edition. However the skirting and body kits make it look really cute and smart. Slym, if you are listening, pls get this done too!
Old 21st June 2013, 22:17   #44
Senior - BHPian

I think all the facelifts looks good. I am slightly undecided on the new grille on the e-CS. I'll hold off on my final judgement till I've seen it in person.

trek is right, the old T-shaped steering wheel is awful. The finishing is horrible and makes it look like a cheap toy. And the horn button causes your finger to ache after long drives.

The black interior makes the car look more cozy (and less roomy). I think that the previous model also had dark interiors, but not black. Indicas had it in grey and Indigos were grey and dark grey as I recall. Ebony black and aluminium finishing sounds interesting. Again, have to see the actual product before signing off on it.

The new wheels are totally awesome. The older versions looked just like the wheelcaps. Also love the chrome bezel at the rear, will be getting it on my IndigoCS as soon as its available. Also going to get the chrome fog lamp bezels and the blackout on the bumpers.
Old 22nd June 2013, 18:46   #45
BHPian

Good compilation, had to browse through multiple pages earlier (on other sites) to get to know the info, but this report is well summarized.

This is definitely a step in the right direction for Tata, the nano Alpha is tastefully done. The rest of the line up also looks good. The stickering on the CNG cars is good, the cng tank for the nano from what it appears, looks like a good package.

The body kits for Nano coupled with the new interior for 2013 models should help better position the nano in the eyes of the masses and would likely help shun the current image to an extent.

Would have liked to see the below changes in the 2013 iteration of the nano.
1) 3 point seat belts at the rear.
2) Bigger fuel tank, may be 25-30 lts.
3) Moving the battery from the passenger compartment to under the bonnet.

I am still very happy to see Tata taking the steps in the right direction, hoping to see more changes and cars with better handling in the future. I would love to upgrade to one of those from my current 2004 Indica Lsi v2.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks