Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 21st November 2016, 19:58   #361
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
So what is happening with the Jetta really? I had decided to buy a brand new Jetta in September 2016 and was told by the VW representative that the model is discontinued. As a matter of fact, he told me that they stopped taking bookings for the car and that the new model will be coming in 2017. I was fortunate to find a used 2015 Jetta with 17k kms on the odo and warranty up to Feb 2017 which I picked up.

However, I still see the Jetta featured on their website and so it looks like they may not discontinue the car after all.

I asked about the auto. Not in stock -- They claim that the new stock will come sometime in feb. I can't understand what happened. For a car with such poor sales, no discounts. Seems like either they're out of kits or making to order only. Sad. The Corolla needs an alternative.
torquing_points is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2016, 08:35   #362
Senior - BHPian

VW 2025 strategy: to enhance focus on entry-level segment in India - Compact SUV in Focus.

Company also aims to regain its position as the top carmaker and become a global leader in electric vehicles.

Quote:
In other major markets such as India, South America and Russia, Volkswagen intends to develop the economy segment. Volkswagen says the economy segment comprises attractively priced entry-level vehicles and is highly relevant for multiple markets in Asia as well.
From VW Transform 2025+Strategy,

(Note - India will align S American strategy)

Volkswagen India: The Way Forward-capture.jpg
Volkswagen India: The Way Forward-1.jpg
Volkswagen India: The Way Forward-2.jpg

Link

The brand's reorientation will take place in three phases.

Phase 1, leading up to 2020, will see VW restructure their core business while also developing new competences.

In Phase 2, up to 2025, has the automaker taking the lead in e-mobility as long as it can regain strength as a leading and profitable volume manufacturer.

The final phase will include the brand playing a key role in shaping this major transformation in the industry, which is expected to take place after the year 2025 and leading into 2030.

Here is where the new Strategy for South America, India and Russia is defined in the ' Radical Restructuring Strategy'.

Volkswagen India: The Way Forward-.jpg

Volkswagen India: The Way Forward-b.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 23rd November 2016 at 22:35. Reason: As requested :)
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote