Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2018, 19:12   #466
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen India: The Way Forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaserQ View Post
VAG has begun to give the impression that apart from giving Skoda (and its infamous dealers) the lead role in India for mass market products, it has nothing much else to offer the Indian market.. for now and in the medium-term future.

When the time for an upgrade comes, a lot of VW owners will look at the company product portfolio, shake their heads and move on to other brands. VW have a long, uphill climb to win back those lost customers, if and when they decide to get serious in India.

As a VW owner, I would upgrade within the badge without a second thought, but for the lack of products in certain segments and their dilly dallying stance on their future product strategy for India.
Totally agree, there is no upgrade for me within reach, I drive a Vento TSI , now , nothing to upgrade to within the VW models, less than Rs 33 lakhs Nothing but Polo GTI in between! Are the folks at VW asleep?
Old 22nd June 2018, 20:33   #467
Senior - BHPian

Where is the next generation VW Polo?

A former neighbor of mine sold his 1.2 MPI which served him reliably for 7 years.
He was looking for a replacement hatchback (Polo was only for city driving after 2014.) Little did I realize that VW has just been flogging the same gen Polo for >7 years and leaving aside ASS and reliability issues (specific to some models,) it's a great car. He wanted a new hatchback and has some bias against Hyundai, so he 'settled' for the new Amaze.

VW still has potential in the Indian market- with the right products they can go a long way.
Old 2nd July 2018, 14:35   #468
Senior - BHPian

SKODA AUTO INDIA TO PUSH VOLKSWAGEN GROUP VOLUMES IN INDIA. INDIA 2.0 PLAN REVEALED IN FULL.

At an event today, Skoda Auto India detailed out its India 2.0 plan. In development for almost 18 months at this point, the India 2.0 plan, now ratified by the board, seeks to fall in line with a global strategy where each market will be led by a brand from within the Volkswagen pantheon.

http://overdrive.in/news-cars-auto/s...ealed-in-full/

1.0 TSi will be localised and be manufactured in India: in many states of tune.
Old 15th August 2018, 12:16   #469
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Not a pleasant sight with the floods in Kerala at the moment:

Volkswagen India: The Way Forward-img20180815wa0020.jpg

Volkswagen India: The Way Forward-img20180815wa0021.jpg

Volkswagen India: The Way Forward-img20180815wa0018.jpg

Volkswagen India: The Way Forward-img20180815wa0019.jpg

Received these images through WhatsApp.
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2018, 22:09   #470
BHPian

https://www.autocarindia.com/auto-bl...mpression=true
A well written blog, though i will say that reliability is an important facet of quality not only in Indian context but globally too.
Old 16th August 2018, 23:10   #471
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik hill View Post
https://www.autocarindia.com/auto-bl...mpression=true
A well written blog, though i will say that reliability is an important facet of quality not only in Indian context but globally too.
I think it's a poor article mainly because the focus is entirely on the buttons and plastics, as if skimping on plastic quality will make them more reliabile. I understand the point of it, but just think it should have been expressed better.

These aren't the unreliable parts of VW cars. There are specific parts of VW cars which are unreliable, most notably the DSG transmission, but that doesn't mean that they should make their buttons and plastics of a poorer quality. Instead I think VW fit, finish and plastic quality are of a standard by which that other manufacturers in India should be measured.

VW & Skoda should give a longer warranty as standard and just focus on improving their after sales and service. In my experience the service cost isn't the primary problem, it is that they can't ever seem to get it right the first time. Even the reliability concerns would be fewer if they just handled the service/repairs better.
Old 17th August 2018, 08:12   #472
Senior - BHPian

Though it might appear like irony will certainly take a tumble looking at the following picture, it is indeed heartening to see Skoda India trying to improve its image by venturing out to provide the one thing that its customers have always yearned for in vain - Peace of mind and ease of ownership.

Name:  Screenshot 55.png
Views: 4936
Size:  434.7 KB

Source: TOI, Bengaluru Edition, Dt: 17-08-2018, Pg: 24
Old 20th August 2018, 17:38   #473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post
SKODA AUTO INDIA TO PUSH VOLKSWAGEN GROUP VOLUMES IN INDIA. INDIA 2.0 PLAN REVEALED IN FULL.
I sincerely hope VW group stick to its forte of good build, quality and handling. If they compromise on any of these departments just for the sake of building costs down then it is going to be a recipe for disaster.

We have seen how Honda, Ford and Renault have tuned their strategy for India by providing Cheap cars with Not so good quality cars just to compete with the mass market leader.

I hope the BS VI comes into effect soon so that the price differential comes down, also waiting for Bharat Ncap regulation which will be a good news for safety aware manufacturers.
Old 21st August 2018, 10:08   #474
BHPian

Volkswagen India: The Way Forward

Disregard if it's been posted already, but apparently, this is the new 2020 VW Tiguan.

Volkswagen India: The Way Forward-imageuploadedbyteambhp1534825671.496923.jpg

I have been waiting for the petrol launch of current gen Tiguan with a price 'correction' as in my city it's currently costing around 40L.

According to the sales team, they have sold 1 (ONE) of Tiguan since it's launch and the dealerships 's demo car is now also up for sale, at a discount.

I really like the design of the old (~2018) Tiguan, I feel it's similar to the Honda CRV from 2005.

Similar to Honda CRV s new design language, I hope and pray that the Tiguan
does not follow suit upon launch.

Source :

https://www.2019volkswagen.com/2020-vw-tiguan-engine-price-release-date/

Last edited by Ashutosh : 21st August 2018 at 10:22.
Old 8th September 2018, 19:39   #475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
The confused VAG plans for India - Now VW looks a big cars for India - S/CUV's and Sedans!

Hatchbacks( Polo's and Fabia's) will be de-prioritized.

The first car from this project is likely to hit the market by FY21
If this is the pace they'll work at, I don't think they'll even get expected market share and eventually end up the Chevrolet way. Hyundai and Maruti will launch EVs by that time and hopefully even a facelift of those EVs.
batish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2018, 08:46   #476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batish View Post
If this is the pace they'll work at, I don't think they'll even get expected market share and eventually end up the Chevrolet way. Hyundai and Maruti will launch EVs by that time and hopefully even a facelift of those EVs.

VW has been atrocious with their focus in this market. This should have the new Polo and Golf already here and the new Vento Sedan. They keep churning news about launch of more expensive cars. No good. Polo has been a good car and they have the chance to make it even more appealing and do better volumes.

For 10 years they have not changed the model and keep stickering it and adding incremental features (half features). No good at all.
LandCruiser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2018, 10:07   #477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser View Post
VW has been atrocious with their focus in this market. This should have the new Polo and Golf already here and the new Vento Sedan. They keep churning news about launch of more expensive cars. No good.

Polo has been a good car and they have the chance to make it even more appealing and do better volumes.
They could have launched the facelifted Polo with all the features in the first place rather than adding one, two features every quarter. Even if they could not back then, now they should launch the cars way before their scheduled timeline.

All they'll do is launch Polo in 2020-21, with puny 3 pot 1L engine and hike the price citing "several external economic factors as well as fluctuations in the global commodity price and local input costs".

VW if by any chance you're reading this, launch Polo soon and sort out the reliability issues as well as after sales experiences. This is the right time not FY21.
batish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2018, 07:53   #478
Distinguished - BHPian

Volkswagen has to stay afloat in India with no new offerings till 2020, but they have a plan - their proven facelifts are coming AGAIN, but with a difference.

- VW Polo and GT TSI will be better differentiated ( with the NEW GTI ruled out for India)

- The regular Polo will bring in the 1.0 TSI engine which will be the mainstay of all their future products.( VW/Skoda)

- GT TSI may get the 1.0L TSI engine in a different state of tune.

- Launch in late 2019

Quote:
GT TSI variant is likely to benefit from a sportier grille, larger alloy wheels, side skirts, and LED elements in the headlights and taillights. Both variants, however, are expected with new bumpers, redesigned headlight clusters and taillight patterns (bringing them inline with the international sixth generation Polo).

Inside too, VW India may opt for a sportier theme on the facelifted Polo GT TSI, possibly including the characteristic Tartan seat upholstery, contrast stitching for the steering wheel cover and highlighted door sills.
With this the NEW Global Polo is ruled out for India.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 16th November 2018 at 07:57.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2018, 09:31   #479
BHPian

https://www.news18.com/news/auto/vol...e-1940151.html

Do you think this is the right move?
Old 17th November 2018, 10:44   #480
Senior - BHPian

Read in the papers today, TOI or ET, dont remember since I read them back to back, that the Ameo is going to be discontinued. Surely thats a surprise! Why would VW do this? I havent seen the sales figures of the Ameo off late, but I guess it was clocking some 700-1200, so that aint bad by VW standards.

Or is it just some incorrect reporting?
motorworks is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks