Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 25th August 2017, 06:29   #16
Senior - BHPian

Actually, Eclipse Cross would have been the right choice. It is up to date in technology and would have taken 'a little bit of everything' that sells here in Compact SUV market.
RajaTaurus is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2017, 09:59   #17
BHPian

Default Re: Mitsubishi India lists new Outlander on its website

Folks seem to be forgetting that Mitsubishi is now part of the Renault Nissan Alliance, and so the old worries about the sustainability of Mitsubishi in the Indian market should be history.

http://www.businessinsider.in/Carlos...w/58438154.cms

Agree there is a diesel bias in large SUVs - but for people who don't drive too much, petrol is very viable - and reduces the risk of having a stranded asset 10 years out if India follows the rest of the world in cracking down on diesel. I drove the previous gen petrol Outlander in Australia, and it was quite good to drive. Of course it remains to be seen how Mitsubishi markets this product - but I would not jump to conclusions on its failure yet.
Hayek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2017, 10:07   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
Folks seem to be forgetting that Mitsubishi is now part of the Renault Nissan Alliance, and so the old worries about the sustainability of Mitsubishi in the Indian market should be history.
Haven't Renault Nissan got enough issues on their plate already, than try and revive Mitsubishi in India?

With the exception of Kwid, the entire alliance with three brands under it - is really struggling at the market now. Mitsubishi will only add to their woes, and nothing more.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2017, 23:27   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
I also don't see why anyone would buy a Pajero Sport or an Outlander in it's current avatar given the competition. Maybe the crowd you mentioned knows a thing or two more than me.
I am the kind of customer who is eagerly waiting for the launch of new generation Pajero Sport.

Currently i own Pajero Sport which i preffered over previous generation fortuner and endeavour for the following reasons:

1. I am a self driven person and so preffer to use a single car for myself which is capable of doing all the roles of:
A) Business Car (built quality, long distance cruising ability, ride comfort, reliability, image and road presence)
B) Family Car (built quality, ride comfort, seating and luggage carrying capacity, reliability, all terrain ability)
C) Lyfestyle Vehicle (offroad ability, fun to drive, abuse friendly, comfort and reliability)
D) City Car (easy to manage in city driving, ease of parking)

2. I found Pajero Sport better than previous generation Fortuner and Endeavour in following aspects:
A) Most fun to drive in the class with better steering feedback and dynamics
B) Feels narrower than the competition and has better visibility at least from the driver seat and very easy to handle in
the city despite the dimensions.
C) Better Ride quality and overall built quality like a battle tank.
D) Equally reliable ownership experience compared to Toyota with not a single unscheduled maintenance visit in 4
years, 50k km ownership, aftersales service not Toyota good but never had any problem.
E) Little bit of exclusivity on the road.

3. Reasons i want to buy the latest generation Pajero Sport:
The additional things i want in my Pajero Sport which the latest generation provides:
A) Addition safety features like 6/7 airbags and electronic safety
B) Automatic transmission
C) Additional desirable features like LED headlights, sunroof, etc.

This ability of the Pajero Sport to become an ALL TERRAIN, ALL OCCASIONS vehicle makes it perfect self driven car for someone who has my kind of requirements.

Also, new generation 2017 Pajero Sport is rated above Fortuner as per many australian reviews and it is also 10% cheaper than Fortuner and 15-20% than Everest in their top trims in Australia. If Mitsubishi can maintain such lower pricing in India, it will be a very hard to resist car here also. So, i am eagerly awaiting it's launch which is supposed to be in March/April 2018 after which i will take a call between Pajero Sport or Endeavour 3.2 ( 2nd preference) as my next car.
46TheDoctor is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote