View Poll Results: What color interiors do you prefer
Black 143 57.43%
Beige 84 33.73%
Other / dont care 22 8.84%
Voters: 249. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2009, 10:45   #31
Senior - BHPian

Although my preference is gradually changing, as of now it still remains with beige. Pain to maintain though, especially if you have fabric seats like the Corolla.
Old 14th December 2009, 10:46   #32
BHPian

BLACK it is.. looks sporty, easy to maintain, goes well with any color car you have. I still remember seeing the Sky Blue/Green color Accent with beige interiors, absolutely wierd it was. Beige is good for luxury cars kinda gives a nice neat look and

I still miss the black interiors, compared to the grey i have on the Zen, it was a real looker.
Old 14th December 2009, 10:49   #33
BHPian

IMO, there are 2 aspect for the choice of interiors:

1. How does it match up with the exterior color?
2. Most important: Can the interiors be kept clean if a lighter shade is picked up?

Given this, I do not think it would be really possbile for anyone to determine what the preference, without knowing the answer to the above. For example, a black sedan with either beige or black interior would be an awesome combination, but if you have small kids at home, you are bound to have issues with maintaining beige interiors. Another example, beige interior would not look good on a silver exterior, IMO.

So, for me with a small kid at home, Black interior is way to go.

Cheers.

Last edited by Ardy : 14th December 2009 at 10:58.
Old 14th December 2009, 11:25   #34
BHPian

Beige for me as it gives an airy feeling and makes the cabin look more lighted.

It also gives a upmarket feel and i think that is the reason manufacturers are introducing it in almost all models.
Old 14th December 2009, 11:41   #35
Senior - BHPian

I feel too uncomfortable with the beige colour and when its especially sunny I find quite distracting... Black would be my preference

And the maintenance of a beige colour is painful!
Old 14th December 2009, 14:15   #36
Senior - BHPian

Beige interiors give me spacious feeling, executive look to the interiors and pleasant ambience while inside the car. Maintenance? That's up to me. I dont give the car to anybody for driving. I insist on clean habits from whoever gets into my car and that includes kids too. I make sure kids behave themselves and like many Multiplexes, No food or drinks allowed inside. And during rainy season, I use black rubber mats over the Beige stock mats and I am able to maintain it so far, car is 2 year+ old.
However, I tend to agree with many here, definitely difficult to maintain as a 'normal family car'.
Old 14th December 2009, 14:29   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
beige color looks good but the reflection off the front windscreen makes it a little difficult to drive. I am sure many people would be having the same issue.

Black or any other traditional color iss what I would be getting when i purchase a new car.
Many cars (Like my Mitsubshi Cedia seen here) have black/ dark grey matt finish at those locations to eliminate reflections.
Attached Thumbnails
Your opinion on beige interiors-image459.jpg  

Old 14th December 2009, 14:40   #38
Senior - BHPian

IMO in India its always better to go for black/grey for the interiors due to these factors:-

1. Beige is very difficult to maintain in our conditions.
2. A beige dashboard reflects too much light onto the windscreen during daytime, hampering safety.

EDIT : Exceptions maybe your Mercs and Beemers driven with A/C on full time land being washed every other day leaving little chance for accumulation of dust/dirt.

Last edited by longhorn : 14th December 2009 at 14:42.
Old 14th December 2009, 15:07   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Beige defiantly make the interiors look more spacious than black. But I am not a big fan of both. We need to get higher levels of customization at our disposal, there are some superb leather color options available on cars abroad.

My all time favorite is the Range Rover whitish leather seats with perforated leather in the center and black piping all over. Will be hard to maintain but looks as premium as can get !
Old 14th December 2009, 16:28   #40
BHPian

I Prefer Dark grey on santro its easy to maintain and it gives pleasure, atleast to my eyes

Although i was initially a big fan of beige interior later on realized the down sides of it and prefer
something dark as it is easy on maintenance and does not reflect on windscreen
Old 14th December 2009, 16:43   #41
Senior - BHPian

While I would prefer Black over beige any day, this would not be a deal breaker for me.
Old 14th December 2009, 17:51   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

I love Black interiors, hence voted for it.

I have beige interiors in my Elantra, its not a pain to keep clean, Reason: Leather seats. My friend gets his Verna's interiors dry-cleaned every now and then, Reason: Fabric seats.
Old 14th December 2009, 18:04   #43
JLS
BHPian

Hi All,
I like beige interiors - I get feeling of space and brightness with biege interiors compared to grey/black.
For me, I have found that dark colours are also equally difficult to maintain, shoe marks etc also are visible on black interiors, grey is slightly better (only slightly).
Spilled coffee/tea/cold drink add stickyness and odour, which is color-agonistic.

So, considiring these, I have voted for beige on this survey.

Regards,

JLS
Old 14th December 2009, 20:52   #44
BHPian

Beige is a very good colour, but very difficult to maintain in our conditions of dust and humidity etc. This is also a reason why we have to use seat covers so often. Infact in my OHC (with the grey black interiors) I never used the free seat covers, in beige, for the 1st 7.5 yrs. Then also I used the covers just to change the look. These are already getting dirty, even with very less usage nowadays.

The city looked fine even with the earlier grey upholstery.
Old 14th December 2009, 20:56   #45
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Irrespective of maintnenace issues, I voted for black. They look subtle yet elegant.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks