Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2011, 10:26   #976
BHPian

Re: 2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) Edit: Now spotted testing in India

It can be termed as the best "owner's car" if not the best "driver's car"

More bang for the back ... even the D segment may worry.
Old 28th April 2011, 11:01   #977
BHPian

Karnataka has a non-linear road tax structure. If Hyundai fails to keep the cost of the top end model under 10L, then buyers will end up paying 3.5% more on the road tax (> 10L, the road tax is 17% + cess as compared to 14% + cess for the 5L-10L bracket) and this will translate to an additional 35K or more.

If I am right, road tax is applicable only the ex showroom price of a car, i.e., accessories are exempted from the taxation. Assuming Hyundai allows upgrades on any variants with any features, it will be better to choose a non-top variant (or a variant with ex showroom price of < 10L) and add all the desired features - this will save quite some bucks. All of this of course is subject to my understanding of the road tax mechanism; please feel to correct me if I am wrong.
Old 28th April 2011, 11:47   #978
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I think they interchanged the "petrol" & "diesel" from the 5 line onwards. If you see, it goes like P, then D, P then D and then D and P and so on. The funny part is all the variants are having a 50K difference - now I dont think the price difference is going to be that "uniform" ! And also some one mentioned that the base D price could be 8.75L ex showroom. And the price difference between a P & D is exact 1L ! The difference between current P & D Verna is 1,30,xxx ex showroom at least for the base versions!!
The price of the current versions cannot be taken as a benchmark for speculating the prices of new versions with better equippment levels.
One can consider the old skoda superb and new skoda superb or the old passat and the new passat. The difference in level of equippment is enormous in the above said cars but the pricing is not much different and in some cases the pricing has come down slightly.
The car manufacturers are employing cost cutting methods and at the same time trying to give better levels of equippment and safety. So considering the segment the car is going to placed in i.e., the C segment the price range has to be between 7-10 lacs and may be upto 10.5 lacs and not beyond.
The price range plays very important role in the sales figures of a car. The very fact that Hyundai was compelled to remove features such as sunroof, rear disc brakes and 6 airbags from the diesel variant to keep the price of the car around 7 lacs goes to show that pricing plays an important role than the features offered segmentwise.
Old 28th April 2011, 12:27   #979
BHPian

Thanks @Xehaust for sharing the article. While 'Understeer' is relatively new for me so decided to educate myself. I found a good article on Wikipedia on 'Understeer' & 'Oversteer' so thought of sharing it with my fellow members.
Understeer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Following picture from Wikipedia explains 'Understeer'
I just hope that 'ANHV' doesn’t understeer like the way it's shown (Red dotted line).
Yesterday, a SE called up and was giving all the details of 'ANHV'. While we all know about various engine options, equipment list, I was more interested in the pricing, but he was a bit hesitant in revealing, so decided not to push him more. But, I am assuming that in Pune, the OTR of 1.6 SX petrol should fall between 9.00- 9.50L to cover both VW Vento Highline & 'ANHC' SMT. You add extra 4 airbags, smart key, start/stop button, leather upholstery, it should reach, may be a bit more than 'ANHC' V MT (10.30L).
Attached Thumbnails
2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) Edit: Now spotted testing in India-understeer.jpg  

Old 28th April 2011, 12:50   #980
xPK
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaynaphade View Post
I just hope that 'ANHV' doesn’t understeer like the way it's shown (Red dotted line).
The image explains under-steer technically, but every car will do that @ particular speed (of course this "cut off" speed depends on the car and the angle you're approaching to the turn). So under-steer is pretty relative term.

In short, if one senses an under-steer (or has a feeling of not making the turn), one can always slow down and chose to not to fly down to valley.

In another words, in Verna you might need to slow down more than Linea at turns (who knows, AHNV might be better than ANHC for cornering, our reviewers will clear those things soon).
Old 28th April 2011, 15:46   #981
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
And also some one mentioned that the base D price could be 8.75L ex showroom.
Mate..he mentioned 8.75 L OTR Delhi for Base D. I can expect around 10.5 L OTR Bangalore for the SX Manual (or SX (o) ).
Old 28th April 2011, 15:52   #982
BHPian

I just had a call with Advaith Hyundai SE in bangalore who's been calling me regularly for coming and booking the car. I told him that i will only book once i test drive the car and then he said the car will be launched on11th May so i could come to the showroom, but only to see. No TD's on that day.

However, by the weekend he should be able to provide me with a TD
Old 28th April 2011, 16:27   #983
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumarsiddhi View Post
I just had a call with Advaith Hyundai SE in bangalore who's been calling me regularly for coming and booking the car. I told him that i will only book once i test drive the car and then he said the car will be launched on11th May so i could come to the showroom, but only to see. No TD's on that day.
I guess this is the new found strategy applied by all car manufacturers. First create the buzz (by providing scoops, airing teaser ads, running contests with attractive gifts etc) & then demand the booking amount from probable customers well before the car is even launched, easy money. When I received a call from the dealer, even I gave a straight forward answer that I can think of paying the booking amount only after test driving the car & am convinced that the car is worth the price being quoted.
Old 28th April 2011, 16:33   #984
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
I guess this is the new found strategy applied by all car manufacturers. First create the buzz (by providing scoops, airing teaser ads, running contests with attractive gifts etc) & then demand the booking amount from probable customers well before the car is even launched, easy money. When I received a call from the dealer, even I gave a straight forward answer that I can think of paying the booking amount only after test driving the car & am convinced that the car is worth the price being quoted.
Well, even if this is a strategy it is a win win for both. Specially in this case where the dealer was asking for only 5K to make the booking and i would get the preference in terms of delivery. I would have the right to choose between different variants and would not have to wait (or not wait) less than people who book after me.

But this is all verbal. We never know what will happen if the car actually recieves a good response like the Vento
Old 28th April 2011, 16:43   #985
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Note from Mod : The 2011 Hyundai Verna Review has been uploaded at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread.

This thread = Closed
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks