Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2011, 22:37   #856
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) Edit: Now spotted testing in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrenalinJunkie View Post
Completely agree, if anything this is something to be happy about. One look at the angle of attack should pretty much prove that it would take a pretty sharp incline and some pretty lousy driving for the bumper to kiss the earth.
Ignore the bumper.

Look at the upper portion of the front tyre with respect to its enclosing wheel arch. It appears to be touching, which is not good news. It might also imply that the suspension has bottomed out, which is not good news for predictable handling.
Old 20th April 2011, 23:11   #857
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
This picture from zigwheels looks pretty alarming..the car is pushed hard and some body roll is evident. Notice the position of front right tyre and the alloy wheel.
I do understand the pic makes the car look precarious.
Such kind of harsh testing conditions will not be applicable in daily driving mode, so that wont bother me for sure.

Just looks like someone wanted to prove a point about the handling of Verna and made such a sharp turn to prove his point. I remember Fiesta also having a similar picture some year back.
But what would really bother me is does this mean that the suspension is low to an extent such that the belly would scrap the speed breaker..
Old 20th April 2011, 23:35   #858
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Ignore the bumper.

Look at the upper portion of the front tyre with respect to its enclosing wheel arch. It appears to be touching, which is not good news. It might also imply that the suspension has bottomed out, which is not good news for predictable handling.
+1. Thats exactly what I was looking throughout !! Raises some concern! The wheel well & the tyre is almost in contact. And the front of the bumper almost touches the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post

Just looks like someone wanted to prove a point about the handling of Verna and made such a sharp turn to prove his point. I remember Fiesta also having a similar picture some year back.
I don't think any mag reviewers will do these stunts only to very few cars / brands. These maneuvers will be standard ones done on all cars by the same reviewer. Again as you said there will be hardly anyone who will try these sort of things during the ownership days.
Old 21st April 2011, 01:15   #859
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Ignore the bumper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
+1. Thats exactly what I was looking throughout !! Raises some concern! The wheel well & the tyre is almost in contact. And the front of the bumper almost touches the road.
The words ive highlighted above are why I say that there is nothing negative about the picture. Purely on the basis that i dont believe in speculation.

What i do see in that particular picture is there is no scraping of the arches or the bumper (even if its almost there, its not exactly there, is it). Until the car is test driven & this is pointed out, id say its pointless discussing that picture any longer.

On that note, im eagerly awaiting the BHP review. C'mon mods, dont make us wait any longer, its thursday already

Last edited by Xehaust : 21st April 2011 at 01:19.
Old 21st April 2011, 01:53   #860
Senior - BHPian

From the pics, personally, I feel this is by far the best looking Hyundai in India. Waiting for performance figures.
Old 21st April 2011, 06:29   #861
BHPian

Just a little something to keep the spirits up until we get the BHP review & later, our own hands on the car in the form of a test drive. The car looks fantastic i say.

The new Verna (Accent in certain other markets) has just been launched in the American market at the 2011 New York Auto Show which is currently going on.
Read the short but interesting article here - Verna (Accent) 2011 NYAS

An interesting point it mentions is that the Verna (Accent) has 2.8 inches of increased wheelbase as compared to the older Verna (Accent) & about 2 inches more than the Ford Fiesta Now we know where that extra back seat space is coming from when compared to the Fiesta.

Further more, have read about a very interesting strategy Hyundai is employing in the states. They have an Assurance plan wherein they will guarantee a predetermined resale value the day you buy your car
Though they havnt given out "full details", can you imagine that?
It takes some confidence in your product to go ahead with something like that. Way to go Hyundai.
Old 21st April 2011, 07:51   #862
BHPian

It is a well known fact that the Hyundai Verna isn't going to be a top notch handler guys. But I personally feel that discussing the handling capabilities of a car based on a picture rather than experiencing it ourselves is a little over the top
None of us know the speed carried into that corner, the inclination of the road, the weight inside the car, the position of the camera and many other details. so please lets wait for the official t-bhp review patiently and then drive it ourselves and then come to a conclusion.
Old 21st April 2011, 08:18   #863
Senior - BHPian

I was thinking about the cost of maintenance and then bumper struck my mind. Did anyone notice the cluster on the frontal bumper and the location of the lights in it.

1. Does anyone know if Verna comes with a frontal impact bar. Or does it have a crumple zone similar to Figo (owing to safety requirements).
2. Owing to the headlight being sleek and the fog-light being thinner, looks like whenever there is a frontal impact the headlight and the fog-lamps will also be broken

Wouldnt this actually increase the cost of running?? Imagine for a minor accident having to replace the bumper+headlight+foglamp. It will go beyond 5K for sure.

I did notice that even New Fiesta has such headlights but thinner part is in the front. and the fog lamp is behind.
Old 21st April 2011, 09:27   #864
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
I was thinking about the cost of maintenance and then bumper struck my mind. Did anyone notice the cluster on the frontal bumper and the location of the lights in it.

1. Does anyone know if Verna comes with a frontal impact bar. Or does it have a crumple zone similar to Figo (owing to safety requirements).
2. Owing to the headlight being sleek and the fog-light being thinner, looks like whenever there is a frontal impact the headlight and the fog-lamps will also be broken

Wouldnt this actually increase the cost of running?? Imagine for a minor accident having to replace the bumper+headlight+foglamp. It will go beyond 5K for sure.

I did notice that even New Fiesta has such headlights but thinner part is in the front. and the fog lamp is behind.
Not just the new Verna or the Fiesta, most modern cars with appealing design have such a drawback. I started noticing it in the current Accord when it was launched with head lamps jutting out! Corolla altis too has such a design. I think when you break the head lamps, you would realise that its the price we pay for an appealing design!
Old 21st April 2011, 09:31   #865
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333 View Post
Not just the new Verna or the Fiesta, most modern cars with appealing design have such a drawback. I started noticing it in the current Accord when it was launched with head lamps jutting out! Corolla altis too has such a design. I think when you break the head lamps, you would realise that its the price we pay for an appealing design!
You never know, it might be a ploy by manufacturers to make good money on spare parts sales
Old 21st April 2011, 10:08   #866
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
You never know, it might be a ploy by manufacturers to make good money on spare parts sales
Now that's an interesting way to look at it! Now with cars getting more and more reliable, manufacturers might be thinking out of the box to find new ways to make customers visit the service centers
Old 21st April 2011, 10:41   #867
BHPian

Advaith Hyundai, ORR, Bangalore says the car would be launched on 13 May. Can't wait to see it in flesh!
Old 21st April 2011, 10:54   #868
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333 View Post
This is probably a reason why the zero depreciation option for car insurance is becoming more and more appealing. Most of the parts which get damaged in a fender bender are plastic which aren't covered by normal insurance.
Old 21st April 2011, 11:02   #869
BHPian

+1 to @xingamazon. Lot's have been said about handling & the infamous 'CORNERING' about 'ANHV' so it's quite possible that, Zigwheel(er) must be pushing hard to test these attributes. While we all know very well that all C segement cars are for daily commuting so IMO 'ANHV' is a wonderful product for daily commuters.

Thanks @Xehaust for a wonderful picture. Red looks awesome.
Why 'The Master' is silent? When can we have Team-BHP review?

I believe tomorrow being an off as it's a 'Good Friday', so we may expect review to be posted soon
Old 21st April 2011, 11:11   #870
BHPian

Got a call from Popular Hyundai, Trivandrum. He told prices will be from 8.5 to 10.5 lacs ex showroom. Also the testdrive cars should be in showrooms by month end.

Last edited by hotpursuit : 21st April 2011 at 11:31. Reason: Adding an info
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks