Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2011, 12:07   #871
BHPian

Re: 2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) Edit: Now spotted testing in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotpursuit View Post
Got a call from Popular Hyundai, Trivandrum. He told prices will be from 8.5 to 10.5 lacs ex showroom. Also the testdrive cars should be in showrooms by month end.
10.5L ex showroom for the diesel automatic is very good value for money! But 8.5L for the 1.4 Petrol is asking too much. I hope the prices are very approximate and are for the diesel models only.

Last edited by 333 : 21st April 2011 at 12:08. Reason: typographical error
Old 21st April 2011, 12:15   #872
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotpursuit View Post
Got a call from Popular Hyundai, Trivandrum. He told prices will be from 8.5 to 10.5 lacs ex showroom. Also the testdrive cars should be in showrooms by month end.
If its 10.5L in Trivendrum it'll be around 10.60L ex-shw in BLR. So the OTR in bangalore will be around 12.75L for the top end model ( if this information is true).
Old 21st April 2011, 12:19   #873
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
Infact there is no Hyundai product that offers acceptable handling that allow you to push hard into corners.

I agree its phased out, but Please drive the Elantra CRDi, before you make such a comment.
JayD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2011, 13:02   #874
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
This picture from zigwheels looks pretty alarming..the car is pushed hard and some body roll is evident. Notice the position of front right tyre and the alloy wheel.
I am sure ANHC would also behave in a similar way in those circumstances. Given the same scenario, any idea which car in current C segment could have performed better ?

My guess is current Fiesta & SX4
Old 21st April 2011, 13:20   #875
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
I agree its phased out, but Please drive the Elantra CRDi, before you make such a comment.
Agree with you. Accent Viva CRDi for that matter as well as Verna, I never hesitated to whatever I needed to get done at all speeds and corner. Viva had given me the confidence as I had once got into a street race coming down from Mahabaleshwar towards 'Y' with a spirited Corolla driver - and it was full of corners. It might have been a bit foolish on my part but some adrenaline rushing moments make us all feel like doing something like that.

And Viva came out victorious in that approx. 10 km long stretch and a similar incident for approx 20 odd kms from Surat to Mumbai - road surface was very uneven- though largely straight with ample truck bus traffic.

Verna added to more confidence with ABS and all 4 discs. Of course other cars that I have owned are not known for great handling except to certain extent may be Laura. But then a comparison with a car at half the price would be stretching it a bit.

Well no matter how bad or good handling is- I am going to get it for the sheer fun it has the potential to offer- a hard press on the accelerators in 2nd gear and the butterflies in the stomach feeling is just so lovely- take off time.
Old 21st April 2011, 13:52   #876
Senior - BHPian

I don't know why I have not been around this thread. I was mostly around the New Fiesta thread.
I am quoting this from the zigwheels website on their Verna drive. The quoted context is of importance to me.
Quote:
The soft suspension set up on the Verna, which worked great for in city driving as well as cruising along the highway, now made the car slightly nervous. Climbing up the mountain roads it was more than evident that the backseat passengers would not have a good time thanks to the back stepping out of line on tight corners. One can argue that most people won’t push their car as hard, however the fact remains that the soft suspension does take away a little from the handling. Having said that, the Verna is destined to be used primarily in cities, and for that purpose it is a brilliant car that offers a comfortable ride
My current car is not just a city car. Last one year it has been to the ghats of Ooty twice plus there has been many highway runs. And I feel many of us here like to take our car with us on vacations to a hill station.
This is where I think the Verna would lose out.
I saw the pictures and am extremely blown with it, I won't hesitate to say that it's better looking than the New Fiesta(me being a Ford fan!!), but only the exteriors.
The fiesta looks better appointed from the inside and I somehow don't like the HU design of the Verna.
Also, driving dynamics would matter a lot for me.
But then I would really go ahead and say that Hyundai is offering the new Verna with lots of engine and trim choice and probably this could to some extent help Verna in sales.
Again, it definitely is most good looking car from hyundai.
EDIT:All four disc brakes, another . Apart from other features, this would be the one,most imp IMO.

Last edited by Fordmanchau : 21st April 2011 at 13:57.
Old 21st April 2011, 18:15   #877
BHPian

Hyundai initially offered 4 wheel disc brakes and ABS optional in all versions of the previous Verna when it was launched. But very mysteriously did away with that option when they introduced the face lifted version. Now they're back with it. Thats really cool now
Old 21st April 2011, 18:50   #878
BHPian

Got a call from dealer- 8 color options- white, black, purple, two shades of silver, red, brown and 1 I have forgotten.perhaps grey.. someone can please, verify.
Old 21st April 2011, 19:47   #879
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
Got a call from dealer- 8 color options- white, black, purple, two shades of silver, red, brown and 1 I have forgotten.perhaps grey.. someone can please, verify.
I think grey would have been the one among the two shades of silver, the other could be blue or the even more likely color - Gold?
Old 21st April 2011, 20:08   #880
BHPian

I have a question regarding "the picture from zigwheels". I do not know if that matters but is it possible the handling looks bad because of less air in the tires? If you notice the front tire, it looks almost as if the rims/alloys are kissing the ground(I know that more weight is applied on right side in such a scenario but still...)

Can experts throw more light on this?
Old 21st April 2011, 21:08   #881
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_007 View Post
I have a question regarding "the picture from zigwheels". I do not know if that matters but is it possible the handling looks bad because of less air in the tires? If you notice the front tire, it looks almost as if the rims/alloys are kissing the ground(I know that more weight is applied on right side in such a scenario but still...)

Can experts throw more light on this?
In such a scenario the outside of right tyre would always look thinner, as the car is pushed centrifugally - which means that the tire base has moved inwards relatively. The effect would be more pronounced in thinner tyres.
Old 21st April 2011, 21:41   #882
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuboid View Post
In such a scenario the outside of right tyre would always look thinner, as the car is pushed centrifugally - which means that the tire base has moved inwards relatively. The effect would be more pronounced in thinner tyres.

I agree with this viewpoint. I think we are creating too much brouhaha on this point. Let us wait for reviews on this forum ---they have been so far the best in the country. I don't care two hoots for any Auto magazine's review.
vnabhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2011, 23:17   #883
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
You guys can iterate all you want but unfortunately you cant change the fact that Verna was never good in Handling department. Infact there is no Hyundai product that offers acceptable handling that allow you to push hard into corners.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
I agree Elantra was a exception in this case. Elantra had entirely different suspension setup compared to Verna and Accent. Unlike Accent and Verna the suspension was stiff and it had Multi-link rear suspension set-up. High speeds manners was one of the talents of Elantra, in case of Accent and Verna it's entirely opposite. Even Tucson had pretty good Ride and Handling setup.

Last edited by .anshuman : 21st April 2011 at 23:23. Reason: added another quote.
Old 22nd April 2011, 05:41   #884
BHPian

To end all speculation...

Quote:
(Posted by Xehaust)
Until the car is test driven & this is pointed out, id say its pointless discussing that picture any longer.

On that note, im eagerly awaiting the BHP review. C'mon mods, dont make us wait any longer, its thursday already
Quote:
(Posted by vnabhi)
I agree with this viewpoint. I think we are creating too much brouhaha on this point. Let us wait for reviews on this forum ---they have been so far the best in the country. I don't care two hoots for any Auto magazine's review.
Just what ive been saying all along

As for the picture itself:
Quote:
(Posted by Xehaust)
At first glance it does look alarming. But if you notice carefully, it seems like its a hilly region & the Verna is:
A) Being pushed hard
B) the picture is taken when the car is at the turn (exactly on it) and the road from where it was coming is going downhill & the road it is joining is a level higher, hence creating this alarming picture as the car is in a small bump which is lower than both roads (look carefully, it is noticeable).

But the good thing is that even after going through this, the front bumper is not kissing the road & even the body roll doesnt look all that much given the above circumstances. So thats a very positive thing. Id say the picture is positive rather than negative
Finally, to end all this speculation:

I dont think i need to say anything more & the pictures above are worth much more than a thousand words

Pictures taken from: Zigwheels

Last edited by .anshuman : 24th April 2011 at 14:28. Reason: Source of Pictures added. Thanks
Old 22nd April 2011, 09:30   #885
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote from Zig Wheels at the end

"At the end of the day, the Verna comes across as a formidable package. Not only in terms of design, style and accessories, but in the nature that it has evolved. The new car has been built from ground up to be a three box sedan, not a hatchback with a boot, and this shows in its well appointed and spacious interiors as well as trunk space. It offers a rather decent balance between ride and handling, and the numerous engine options will go a long way in catering to a variety of customers. "

Cheers

KPS
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks