Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2011, 20:18   #181
Senior - BHPian

Re: December 2010 : Indian Car Sales Figures

Hello,

X1 figures for december are at 187 units, trust me what is giving BMW India the push is the F10 (5) it sells a lot more than the competition and also much more then a lot of cars in a segment or 2 below it.

X1 will help in later stages once they are able to ramp up the production and have enough kits to do so.

Regards,

Quote:
Originally Posted by RakishRam View Post
BMW has released their full year nuumbers. It's an impressive 6246 against Merc's 5819 and Audi's 3003.
The december sales of BMW stands best at 901 (considering till nov they sold 5345).
X1 must be contributing heavily, I think

Source
Old 14th January 2011, 18:46   #182
BHPian

As many others have already said, the low FIGO sales have been due to the the factory shut down in the second half of December. I had visited a Ford dealership in the last week of December and they were least interested in making a sale as they did not have any stock of FIGO Petrol with them. The salesperson told me that that he could give me a White Exi if I wanted as that was a cancellation but no other trim was available. In fact, he was not keen on sending a vehicle for test drive also.

It was only last week that the dealership called me back to check if I was still interested. It was too late for them by then though!

OT: My first post
Old 19th January 2011, 12:47   #183
BHPian

Hey GTO, would appreciate if we could get the figures of Volvo and BMW. BMW's sales figures for the month of November 2010 are not available as well. Any possibility of getting Jaguar - Land Rover's figures?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHerring View Post
As many others have already said, the low FIGO sales have been due to the the factory shut down in the second half of December. I had visited a Ford dealership in the last week of December and they were least interested in making a sale as they did not have any stock of FIGO Petrol with them. The salesperson told me that that he could give me a White Exi if I wanted as that was a cancellation but no other trim was available. In fact, he was not keen on sending a vehicle for test drive also.

It was only last week that the dealership called me back to check if I was still interested. It was too late for them by then though!

OT: My first post
Congratulations on joining Team BHP! So which one did you eventually buy?

Last edited by designersf : 19th January 2011 at 12:49.
Old 20th January 2011, 18:42   #184
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Sorry about the delay, DesignerSF. Here goes (and added to the opening post as well)

It's absolutely neck-to-neck between the 5 & E, and the 7 & S (difference of only 2 units in either)

BMW

3 Series : 212
5 Series : 373
7 Series : 58
6 Series : 1
GT : 8
X1 : 187
X3 : 1
X5 : 38
X6 : 17
Z4 : 6

Volvo

S80 : 6
XC90 : 5
XC 60 : 0
Old 20th January 2011, 21:34   #185
BANNED

Future of Honda in India

A company like Honda is selling only 5000 cars after years of strong establishment, brand value and service network. Having no diesel cars in their cords is a major setback in a country like India. I think Honda is the only company which doesn't have or didn't care for Diesel Engines for the Indian D lovers. Unless they start working on it and quick launching of D cars, this figures will soon fade away. They should take this very seriously, and I believe if they come with D, they can certainly play a major role.

The second one, as every one knows is price - But they still sell 5K cars means, large number is fans still didn't worry about the price for the 'H' Badge.
Old 20th January 2011, 22:17   #186
Senior - BHPian

Re: Future of Honda in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
A company like Honda is selling only 5000 cars after years of strong establishment, brand value and service network. Unless they start working on it and quick launching of D cars, this figures will soon fade away.
Honda should also try and get into the MUV segment, by launching its 7 seaters like the Odyssey. The flipside is its higher length compared to the Innova and Aria.
Old 20th January 2011, 22:40   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by designersf View Post

Congratulations on joining Team BHP! So which one did you eventually buy?
Thanks! Bought a Ritz Zxi. Ownership thread coming up in a few days!
Old 20th January 2011, 23:37   #188
BHPian

Hello everyone,

My first post on TBHP!

I think I contributed to the December 2010 sales of Ford Figo. Its a Nov 2010 manufactured vehicle (AA is my VIN number's year and month); however I got it delivered on 5th Jan, though full payment was done by 30th Dec.

I would like to thank all TBHP stalwarts for contributing to such quality content on the forum. This is my first car in India, and I bought my car purely based on the reviews and TD reports on this forum. Closest contender was Punto MJD Emotion Medium Grey, but went with head instead of heart, unlike true enthusiastic TBHPian.

Ownership thread coming up in few days. Haven't got much time to do a photo-shoot. Hopefully I can find time this weekend for a good wash, and then some nice clicks.
Old 21st January 2011, 11:12   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S350L-E240 View Post
Hello,

trust me what is giving BMW India the push is the F10 (5) it sells a lot more than the competition and also much more then a lot of cars in a segment or 2 below it.

Regards,
S350L-E240, the gap is just 2 cars between the 5 series and the E class!! GTO has updated the thread with BMW figures.

I know your feeling about F-10 and I too do admit the F-10 is an outstandingly complete car. But that in no way takes away from the fact that the new E class is a classy and a very impressively engineered product too.
Old 21st January 2011, 11:58   #190
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
Honda should also try and get into the MUV segment, by launching its 7 seaters like the Odyssey. The flipside is its higher length compared to the Innova and Aria.
Again, Unless they come up with Diesel, launching an MUV would be preposterous. Do they have Odyssey Diesel anywhere in other countries?

>> Punto : 62

This is shocking. Can't even sell three digits with a Capable hatch?

>> Cayenne : 33

Indians like SUVs than Sedans from Porsche, and I hope Cayenne the highest priced SUV in India.

>> Aria : 260

I have not seen a owner driving anywhere, (always want to see 'that' owner who is a die hard fan of Tata), all I see is test drive vehicles roaming here and there.

X1 : 187

I wish if I could join the club one day. I wish!

Last edited by agbenny : 21st January 2011 at 12:05.
Old 21st January 2011, 12:16   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
Again, Unless they come up with Diesel, launching an MUV would be preposterous. Do they have Odyssey Diesel anywhere in other countries?
Odyssey is equipped with a 3.5L V6 in US.

The same engine was in the offing for Pilot and Ridgeline pick up as well.Not sure if it was plonked.
Old 21st January 2011, 20:28   #192
Senior - BHPian

rrsteer,

I this I've said this earlier too, I am not saying E is bad, infact believe me I happen to be a Mercedes guy, and do look at my avatar, it's just that the 5 out smarts in every possible manner, and also believe me the difference of 2 is only in december but every other month the E has been humiliated, also do check if you want but in december BMW India lines were busy with the X1, and also the E had wonderful offers of 1% Rate of finance and mouth watering discounts, not that it's a bad thing but I always have said it that the E will always have to work harder to match the 5 and now they have more equipment too in the E so 2011 will really be the year when we can see who wins as both have now settled down with their initial hype of being brand new.

But my prediction for 2011, E will be outsold by the 5 by atleast 20% number of total units.

X1 sales should rise as they get more kits and are able to ramp up the production which will only happen by May 2011, after which the delivery times will also be a lot better.

Regards,
Old 23rd January 2011, 00:43   #193
BHPian

18 people bought a beetle..they should start a club. I even know the name.

Its called IWMOSCC, the I-Wasted-Money-On-a-Stupid-Car-Club

On a serious note chaps, what possessed these people to bomb all this money on a 10yr old car ( whose production is ending)? I mean, go buy 500. Its new and really funky in and out. I wouldnt mind putting money on that. If that wasnt enough its based on the old Skoda.

Well at least its easy to spot them..
Old 27th January 2011, 18:20   #194
BHPian

GTO Sir,
Quating your statement from Vento review:

Quote:
I wouldn’t be surprised if the Vento matches the Polo’s sales figures. Or even beats them.
It took just 4 months to prove!
Old 27th January 2011, 19:06   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycardude198 View Post
I mean, go buy 500.
Majority of the Indians don't know that a Fiat 500 is still being sold in India!

On a serious note, I had many friends who didn't knew that Fiat still sells cars in India. I made them educated on history of Fiat & Fiat cars in India, by giving an hour speech.

PS: I don't get surprised when I compare the sales of Fiat 500 & VW Beetle.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks