Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2011, 10:28   #31
BHPian

re: TOP GEAR returns with Season 17! *UPDATE* Now on air

Hmm...seems a lot more interesting to me as compared to the previous season.

But,sadly I can't see any Aventador or Huayra!
Old 23rd June 2011, 12:39   #32
Senior - BHPian

The Aventador should be there, as should the SLS. Huayra hasn't started production yet, I suppose
Old 27th June 2011, 11:32   #33
Senior - BHPian

any reviews for Episode 1 ? cyrus??
Old 27th June 2011, 11:35   #34
Team-BHP Support

From Final Gear: Season 17 Ep 1
Richard is in South Africa to test a bigger, even more rugged alternative to the famous Hummer — the Marauder
Jeremy tests the new BMW 1M
James meets up with Olympic Skelton Gold Medal Winner, Amy Williams, and races her in the new Mini Rally Car with WRC champion Kris Meeke
Jeremy celebrates the 50th Birthday of the Jaguar E-type by driving a modernized version, the Eagle Speedster
SIARPC: Alice Cooper
Old 27th June 2011, 11:37   #35

Haha! Nice to see myself as the official firsthand correspondent. Sorry didnt put up a review for the show yesterday night. Its a good episode. The 1//M seems to have put its mark on Jezza for sure. Overall though, slightly disappointing as it didnt seem crazy enough. Especially disappointing was the NEWS part, which wasnt upto the mark. Overall rating, a 6.5/10 maybe a 7/10 but thats about it.

That said, Jaguar fans will like the episode very much.
Old 27th June 2011, 14:24   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Haha! Nice to see myself as the official firsthand correspondent.
And I shall be your foreign sidekick.
Quote:
Sorry didnt put up a review for the show yesterday night. Its a good episode. The 1//M seems to have put its mark on Jezza for sure. Overall though, slightly disappointing as it didnt seem crazy enough. Especially disappointing was the NEWS part, which wasnt upto the mark. Overall rating, a 6.5/10 maybe a 7/10 but thats about it.

That said, Jaguar fans will like the episode very much.
Jezza definitely seems to be smitten by the 1 //M. And that E-type Speedster. That engine note! Oh-so-glorious. But yes, it was a slightly disappointing comeback for the show, especially Hammond's film. Hope they redeem themselves next week.
Old 27th June 2011, 14:31   #37
Senior - BHPian

What is with Jeremy and everything British? Over exaggerated imo, even by top gear standards.
Old 27th June 2011, 21:13   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
What is with Jeremy and everything British? Over exaggerated imo, even by top gear standards.
Oh come on!! the E-Type is awesome! there is no denying it. And the new E-Type lookalike is Staggering to say the least. BTW, he is not all for everything british, for example, just look at his criticism to MG and Rover and British Leyland!
Old 28th June 2011, 11:29   #39
BHPian

I saw the season opener last night. I loved the sequences with the 1M and the e-type. JC's monologue at the end was amazing. The Marauder segment was reasonably entertaining too - but it felt like an informercial at points.
Surprisingly, the SIARPC was good too - Alice Cooper. The weakest segment was the one with May & the mini.
Old 28th June 2011, 15:12   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hajaar View Post
I saw the season opener last night. I loved the sequences with the 1M and the e-type. JC's monologue at the end was amazing. The Marauder segment was reasonably entertaining too - but it felt like an informercial at points.
Surprisingly, the SIARPC was good too - Alice Cooper. The weakest segment was the one with May & the mini.
A rally car going sideways and jumping over crests is much more interesting compared to Marauder being driven in traffic IMO.The first few bits were a bit disappointing in Hammond's film.Starting the show with the 1M would have been better.

Jag film was also very nice.All of us who are not British will definitely feel it a bit exaggerated.Imagine if same were said about the Taj Mahal or anything Indian,won't our ego balloons have gone soaring high? So,that bit is expected from Britishers.Thanks to their love for Spitfire I am now able to understand some history.

PS: Wondering if without Jeremy this show would be this big a hit! He's the savior of the show.
Old 28th June 2011, 20:09   #41
Senior - BHPian

Saw the episode last night. A few observations

- They didnt show what to expect in this season which they normally do in first episode of every season

- The Marauder IIRC was shot for last season as the Episode 1 of Last season had a glimpse of the Marauder

- JC as expected went overboard with the Jaguar

Overall a fun to watch episode with the 1M film being the usual best with even better photography
Old 29th June 2011, 10:24   #42
Senior - BHPian

Re: TOP GEAR returns with Season 17! *UPDATE* Now on air

Wow! I just loved it.

A packed show with the Marauder, the 1M, Alice Cooper, the MINI Countryman WRC, Amy Williams, the Eagle Speedster, the very modest celebration on the 50th birthday of the E-type and Steve McQueen!

Well, the gripes are 'The news' was rather underwhelming for a season opener and JC could have had a longer interview with Amy Williams.
Old 29th June 2011, 10:48   #43
BANNED

I don't but I felt the chemistry between the three to be missing or lets say not as before. The news section was bordering on boring. I am in love with Amy Williams Oh so gorgeous!

@mods - can you please delete the repeated posts.

Last edited by akhilesh : 29th June 2011 at 11:03.
Old 29th June 2011, 10:51   #44
Senior - BHPian

Topgear Series 17 - Episode 2

The trio travel to Italy to test high-performance hatchbacks. Jeremy Clarkson is in the Citroen DS3 Racing, Richard Hammond champions the FIat 500C Abarth and James May makes the case for the Renault Sport Clio 200 Cup as they navigate their way round baffling Italian towns and take part in a scavenger hunt. Also, petrolhead comedian Ross Noble is in the Reasonably Price Car and the McLaren MP4-12C supercar comes under review.

Source: bbc.co.uk
Old 29th June 2011, 12:11   #45
Senior - BHPian

The MP4-12C review also includes a comparison against the 458 Italia. Can't wait for that!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks