NEW Shoes

upgraded to Fiat alloys and bridgestone GT3 195 60 R15

Here are two pictures
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Punto 1.3L MJD. EDIT: 82000 km completed!-20112010101.jpg  

Fiat Punto 1.3L MJD. EDIT: 82000 km completed!-20112010102.jpg  

Old 22nd November 2010, 14:29   #107
BHPian

ms001, good upgrade. What is the cost you paid for the tyres and alloys?
Old 22nd November 2010, 14:43   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
i am not very sure but in the bill it is mentioned as suspension un mount and re-installation
Can you please scan the bill and post? It will be really helpful for others so that they can pin point it to the service station personnel.
Old 22nd November 2010, 14:59   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickxx2006 View Post
Can you please scan the bill and post? It will be really helpful for others so that they can pin point it to the service station personnel.
I will try to do it as soon as possible, but i heard the same noise 1-2 days back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopikb View Post
ms001, good upgrade. What is the cost you paid for the tyres and alloys?
I paid 25k for the set alloys + tires.
Old 22nd November 2010, 15:06   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
nice pic dude and update. No wonder highway dynamics of the Punto makes the owners to take the car out for frequent rides. May be thats the reason why we don't see many inside city. Punto are busy munching miles on highway

Every time i read a Punto ownership report with good pics, i feel mad rush within to buy a Punto. Looks like a have to stay away from ownership threads.
Tell me about it , 1Yr 1 Mo old , 23,500 Kms And smiling still .
Plus you have the feeling of driving a " rare " car .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerfan View Post
+1 for that. I did a valparai,pollachi trip last weekend and it feels fantastic to drive the Punto. Great handling and ride quality. will post the pics and details in my thread soon
Right after the dam begin the hairpin bends , 3rd and just twisting of the stearing and you are gliding .
Old 22nd November 2010, 16:10   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wind_rider View Post
Tell me about it , 1Yr 1 Mo old , 23,500 Kms And smiling still .
+1 to that. Mine is 1 year old and 17000 kms on the odo and very much smiling as wind_rider indicated. I still feel excited whenever I get on the driver's seat for a drive on the highway. The city drive is good also, but for the maddening traffic in Bangalore.
Old 22nd November 2010, 18:52   #112
BHPian

25k for the alloys?
That's a steal! How did you manage it?
I'm buying a new car soon, and the Punto is on the shortlist. Would like to have alloys from day one..
Old 22nd November 2010, 21:39   #113
BHPian

Congrats! Car look more stylish with alloys. Recently Punto has reduced the price of alloys to 9K. So 9*5=45. How did you manage to get it for 25K. Owing a not very common car is nice.
Old 22nd November 2010, 21:56   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

1) plastics falling off -- no such issue the quality is as per market standard
5)Boom Above 2500rpm -- yes initially it was there but as soon it crossed 10k kms it had completely gone, infact the engine has become butter smooth.
I second you on both counts. No plastic part fell off in my car during my past 11 months of ownership. (The bonnet lever fell off when the car was a couple of day back - i fixed it back myself, and it never fell off again!).

The car is butter smooth - and my car has been munching miles in a way my friend often teases as a "taxi". The experience of driving it makes me drive more!

Quote:
I never knew the "thud" sound when going over speed breakers fast can be corrected. I thought this is common for all puntos. Thanks for indicting this and I will ask the service to correct it when I give it for 2nd service.
Same here. My car has done over 23800 kms now. She's exactly 11 months old now (I took delivery on 22 December 2009). I've been hearing the thud every time 'jumped down' a hump or a rough patch of road. I was told by an SA that this is because the suspension is "Stiff" and nothing can be done - will get this corrected during my third free service - just 6,200 kms away now.

Quote:
upgraded to Fiat alloys and bridgestone GT3 195 60 R15
How was your stock tyre condition like when you "up-shoed"?? My tyres seems to wear pretty quickly - all the four tyres are losing thread pretty quickly. I still remember, I had used the stock tyres on our WagonR (VXi, 2002) for over 45K before replacing them.

The price you got the Alloys for is surely a steal!

Quote:
Thats one heavenly feeling! People look at the car at every signal - thats one exceptional feeling! She is surely a head turner!
Old 22nd November 2010, 22:31   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post

How was your stock tyre condition like when you "up-shoed"?? My tyres seems to wear pretty quickly - all the four tyres are losing thread pretty quickly. I still remember, I had used the stock tyres on our WagonR (VXi, 2002) for over 45K before replacing them.

The price you got the Alloys for is surely a steal!

yeah my JK tires had lost a lot of tread as well.

i got the alloys from majestic tires chennai , they are from a new punto who ugraded to 16 incher as soon as it was out of the showroom.
Old 23rd November 2010, 14:36   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Same here. My car has done over 23800 kms now. She's exactly 11 months old now (I took delivery on 22 December 2009). I've been hearing the thud every time 'jumped down' a hump or a rough patch of road. I was told by an SA that this is because the suspension is "Stiff" and nothing can be done - will get this corrected during my third free service - just 6,200 kms away now.

hey are you getting the thud sound in the rear right? if so Kindly tighten the Stepney Wheel screw or under the stepney keep some firm or sponge kinda stuff so that it does not have any impact. In my vehicle i got the same sound and after tightening the Stepney screw it went off .After some time again it reappeared, when checked the screws again it got losened. Keeping some soft made material under the stepney would solve this issue. try it worth trying.
Old 23rd November 2010, 17:34   #117
BHPian

Quote:
+1 to that. Mine is 1 year old and 17000 kms on the odo and very much smiling as wind_rider indicated. I still feel excited whenever I get on the driver's seat for a drive on the highway. The city drive is good also, but for the maddening traffic in Bangalore.
Bangalore traffic is bad , but the seat lets me just sink in and forget the mad traffic outside , or atleast makes it more bearable .
Imagine , Bellandur to ITPL everyday , sheesh .

Quote:
The car is butter smooth - and my car has been munching miles in a way my friend often teases as a "taxi". The experience of driving it makes me drive more!

Thats one heavenly feeling! People look at the car at every signal - thats one exceptional feeling! She is surely a head turner!

Butter smooth yes , one of my friend had taken the car for a drive and i was sitting next to him anxious , he was like " wow , this is diesel ? for real ..... smooth man , real smooth " : he drives a Modded OHC.

YUp , the head turning increases when you drive to remote places / villages as they would have seen few punto's around .

Quote:
Its been a year and a month since i got the car.Here are few updates from my side.

Went for second service at KHT motors after hearing great reviews from a lot of people.And i can say with confidence that KHT is the best fiat service center in bangalore.

@ ms001 : that is walking distance frm my office , tell me they really fixed the back suspension problem ..?

Which SA did you speak to ?

Last edited by Zappo : 24th November 2010 at 02:00. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Try to respond to everyone at one go.
Old 24th November 2010, 10:13   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Bangalore traffic is bad , but the seat lets me just sink in and forget the mad traffic outside , or atleast makes it more bearable .
Imagine , Bellandur to ITPL everyday , sheesh .
wind_rider, my commute is worse - Rajarajeshwarinagar in Mysore road to Embassy golf links in Domlur. A distance of 20kms through Mysore road, KR Market, Richmond circle, old airport road. Agree with you that once you sink in the seat and turn on the a/c you can forget the outside world. But my boss doesnot think so when I reach office. There are times when I joined Mysore road at 9.00AM morning queue and returned back home at 3PM afternoon after driving for about 2 kms to take a U-turn.
Old 24th November 2010, 10:27   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Went for second service at KHT motors after hearing great reviews from a lot of people.And i can say with confidence that KHT is the best fiat service center in bangalore.
I am tempted to switch to KHT motors for servicing my Palio MJD.
Concorde is just ok, not great.

Can you please check if they have good expertise in Palio Stile MJD?
Old 24th November 2010, 10:57   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

@ ms001 : that is walking distance frm my office , tell me they really fixed the back suspension problem ..?

Which SA did you speak to ?
yes they had fixed it but the problem has come back now after 1-2 months.
cant recall the sa name

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks