Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2008, 19:55   #451
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by toiingg View Post
Where'd you get these fitted and aligned ? I want to get my lights aimed properly. Currently my high beams point to the birds nest and catch quite a few of them in the act.
Lol.
Got them fitted at Glix. Did the alignment/aiming myself. This thread has some nice pointers:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ght-beams.html

Aligned them once, took a test run, blinded a few drivers
Adjusted them again, and worked fine this time!
Old 2nd February 2008, 22:48   #452
BHPian

Razor,

Tell me more about the OVRM mounted indicators! Can i fit a pair on my OHC? Cost and availability please

OT: Were you in Glix today around noon? I think I saw a mean looking black lancer outside Glix.

Cheers
Dhiman
Old 2nd February 2008, 23:23   #453
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also took this opportunity to fit the ORVM mounted LED indicators. They look pretty neat, and are pretty important for me, because the indicators up front are blackened and not very effective!
Hey buddy, how much did it cost?

What about the excel sheet
Old 3rd February 2008, 00:10   #454
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhiman View Post
Tell me more about the OVRM mounted indicators! Can i fit a pair on my OHC? Cost and availability please

OT: Were you in Glix today around noon? I think I saw a mean looking black lancer outside Glix.
Yea, these are universal... should fit any ORVM, as long as there is a passageway for the wire to enter the body of the car. In case of electrically adjustable mirrors (as in my case) the wire is run in with the mirror wire, but you do need to make a small hole using a drill in the mirror casing.
And yes, that was probably me outside Glix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Hey buddy, how much did it cost?
Not that expensive - you can find this on EBay. Believe it or not, I got this for my birthday
Old 4th February 2008, 17:40   #455
Senior - BHPian

There's something about Murphy

He's back. Mr.Murphy.
Fitted new headlights over the weekend. One of them is no more. Thanks to a taxi wallah who decided to brake suddenly in the middle of a busy road. His brake lights obviously didn't work, so I had no warning... saw the taxi stop, stepped on the brakes but it was too late. Car crunched into the back of the taxi with a sickening noise. Thankfully I was going very slow (~10kph). Taxi driver raised a nonchalant eyebrow and trundled off, ignoring my abuses. Not much I could do in such a situation. Cops were useless... stood and watched the show.
Pulled over and inspected the car. New right headlight glass was smashed, turn indicator was hanging by its wire. Bumper had been damaged a fair bit, there was a crack in the front grille and the number plate had been knocked crooked.
Bulbs were ok, and there was no damage to anything inside the engine bay.
I didn't take any pictures. Was feeling too lousy about it.

Will get an estimate on the repairs from my workshop. Then decide on the repair costs vs insurance NCB factor. Will have to get a right headlight anyway (won't be covered under insurance). Bumper will have to be fixed and repainted... am hoping against hope that they will be able to paint over the dent only and not the whole thing (doubtful). May also have to get a new indicator unit.

Many words come to mind. The only one I can use on this forum is 'blah'. I hate Murphy.
Old 4th February 2008, 18:14   #456
Team-BHP Support

thats very sad news. hope Phoenix recovers as soon as possible without further issues. IMO the entire bumper has to be repainted. hope the fog lights are ok.
Old 4th February 2008, 20:47   #457
Senior - BHPian

I was shocked when I heard the news. Chalo, kuch karneka to hai nahi. We have to live with this merde!
Old 12th February 2008, 21:38   #458
Senior - BHPian

She's back

Just brought Phoenix back from the workshop. They did a great job on the bumper. Fixed & repainted for 2500 bucks. Looks brand new.
Quite a few other niggling issues (squeaks, rattles, loose this & that) were also fixed.
And the lady's hitchin up her skirts and running pretty well now. Left an OHC eating my dust today. Felt nice

Gotta get the brakes checked. Not happy with them. There is a lot of "play" and I hear a squeaking sound from the pedal from time to time. Most importantly, I'm missing the bite in the brakes... they feel kinda spongy and loose. Discs & pads were recently changed, and the drums are not too old. So maybe bleed the brake fluid and have the cylinders checked... Any other suggestions?
Old 12th February 2008, 22:22   #459
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
Gotta get the brakes checked. Not happy with them. There is a lot of "play" and I hear a squeaking sound from the pedal from time to time. Most importantly, I'm missing the bite in the brakes... they feel kinda spongy and loose. Discs & pads were recently changed, and the drums are not too old. So maybe bleed the brake fluid and have the cylinders checked... Any other suggestions?
Must have been a week of non-usage. Give it time to come back to its own in a day or two. Till then, dont push too hard, or you will cause premature brake fade (Everytime I write that, visions of braking my Ikon comes to my mind!).
Old 12th February 2008, 22:37   #460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Must have been a week of non-usage. Give it time to come back to its own in a day or two. Till then, dont push too hard, or you will cause premature brake fade (Everytime I write that, visions of braking my Ikon comes to my mind!).
Nope, definitely not due to non-usage. This was happening even when the car was being driven everyday.
Btw, brake fade is pretty bad at times, especially after some spirited driving. Need to do something about it.
Old 12th February 2008, 22:40   #461
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Nope, definitely not due to non-usage. This was happening even when the car was being driven everyday.
Btw, brake fade is pretty bad at times, especially after some spirited driving. Need to do something about it.
Brake fade is pretty standard on the lancer. I experience the same phenomenon. You need to upgrade to better pads which will work at higher temps.
Old 12th February 2008, 22:50   #462
Senior - BHPian

Any suggestions for better brake pads?
I was looking at EBC Ultimax range. Was quoted 4.9k for a full front set of these. These are an upgrade from the OE pads:
EBC Brakes - Home of the worlds largest range of brake products - Ultimax Brake Pad Information
The version above this is the Greenstuff series, which is meant for "spirited street driving" and is more performance oriented. ~9.2k!!
EBC Brakes - Home of the worlds largest range of brake products - Greenstuff Brake Pad Information
I don't think I need anything that hi fi though! Ultimax will be enough for my needs.
Is the price worth it? And do I have any other options?
Old 13th February 2008, 06:52   #463
BHPian

i Think the Ultimax pads are good enough. Then it all depends on how they cope up with your driving style.
Old 13th February 2008, 21:34   #464
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any suggestions for better brake pads?
I was looking at EBC Ultimax range. Was quoted 4.9k for a full front set of these. These are an upgrade from the OE pads:
EBC Brakes - Home of the worlds largest range of brake products - Ultimax Brake Pad Information
The version above this is the Greenstuff series, which is meant for "spirited street driving" and is more performance oriented. ~9.2k!!
EBC Brakes - Home of the worlds largest range of brake products - Greenstuff Brake Pad Information
I don't think I need anything that hi fi though! Ultimax will be enough for my needs.
Is the price worth it? And do I have any other options?

Is someone selling those in India/Calcutta? What about vented rotors?
Old 13th February 2008, 23:22   #465
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Is someone selling those in India/Calcutta? What about vented rotors?
Yea, Electra Performance is selling them. They have a dealer in Cal.
Rotors also available I'm sure, though they aren't on my list. Better pads will be all I need for my car. Bigger/ventilated rotors will make sense on a really powerful car.

Got the brakes adjusted today. Basically they took apart the drums at the back, cleaned & adjusted the shoes and sandpapered some portions. Better bite now, and the brake seems tighter. Brake fade remains though, and will remain with this setup.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks