Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2009, 10:10   #571
Senior - BHPian

Hella Red Grill for Swift

I just got my Swift a pair of Hella Red Grill horns. I got them installed at my Maruti dealer, M/S Wonder Cars in Chinchwad, Pune. They are fitted inside the front bumper above the left foglamp. They are quite loud on the outside and inside too when compared to the OE horns.
Old 5th April 2009, 00:15   #572
BHPian

A week back,I got my car fitted with the allegedly loudest air horn in the market,the famed Stebel Nautilus.
This horn was procured for me by ankitahuja,a wonderful member here and he sent it in a day through his relatives visiting Calcutta.

Fitting the horn itself in the engine bay of my Estilo was a job,and it took close to 3 hours because it needed a specially reinforced bracket to avoid vibrations and the engine bay itself is so small and on top of that I already have 3 horns in it! I have kept the original OEM horn and have an in-dash changeover switch,which changes it to a twin Hella Red Grill.So space was a premium right from the word go.

This time I did not use the steering wheel mounted horn switch,as I have kept it for the other two.Instead I got myself a push button one,so that I can use the air horn sparingly and that just might have a little good effect on its overall longevity,as for any air horns,longevity is a big issue.Secondly,I do not want to attract the cops even by any chance as the Red Grills blares out quite a racket themselves.

Wiring was done in a nice stealth way and I might post some pictures later to show how it was done.My original Stebel relay was not used.Instead I fitted a Roots metal relay which is more durable than the plastic one.

The fitting has been done in a place where there is least chance of accidental water spray on it.

I am very very happy man,thanks to Ankit.
Old 9th April 2009, 19:50   #573
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
I just got my Swift a pair of Hella Red Grill horns. I got them installed at my Maruti dealer, M/S Wonder Cars in Chinchwad, Pune. They are fitted inside the front bumper above the left foglamp. They are quite loud on the outside and inside too when compared to the OE horns.

Hi ,I too got the red grill fitted in the same place next to fog lamp in my car last week.It is loud and sharp but the horn produces so much vibration that i can feel it in the clutch pedal. Well i am not complaining
Old 9th April 2009, 19:50   #574
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatechamp View Post
A week back,I got my car fitted with the allegedly loudest air horn in the market,the famed Stebel Nautilus.
This horn was procured for me by ankitahuja,a wonderful member here and he sent it in a day through his relatives visiting Calcutta.

Fitting the horn itself in the engine bay of my Estilo was a job,and it took close to 3 hours because it needed a specially reinforced bracket to avoid vibrations and the engine bay itself is so small and on top of that I already have 3 horns in it! I have kept the original OEM horn and have an in-dash changeover switch,which changes it to a twin Hella Red Grill.So space was a premium right from the word go.

This time I did not use the steering wheel mounted horn switch,as I have kept it for the other two.Instead I got myself a push button one,so that I can use the air horn sparingly and that just might have a little good effect on its overall longevity,as for any air horns,longevity is a big issue.Secondly,I do not want to attract the cops even by any chance as the Red Grills blares out quite a racket themselves.

Wiring was done in a nice stealth way and I might post some pictures later to show how it was done.My original Stebel relay was not used.Instead I fitted a Roots metal relay which is more durable than the plastic one.

The fitting has been done in a place where there is least chance of accidental water spray on it.

Hey ultimatechamp how does it cost??
Old 10th April 2009, 11:21   #575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatechamp View Post

ultimate chap... after going through ur posts im interested to fit Stebel Nautilus.,. i wandered in local market but couldnt find the right one, if you have links in chennai requets you to refer me for procuring the horn...
Old 10th April 2009, 14:09   #576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ555 View Post
ultimate chap... after going through ur posts im interested to fit Stebel Nautilus.,. i wandered in local market but couldnt find the right one, if you have links in chennai requets you to refer me for procuring the horn...
I don't have any clue whatsoever whether Stebel Nautilus is available in Chennai.It aint that easily available and I searched for it for quite a few months in Mumbai itself,apart from in Kolkata.Even if its available,it costs a bomb and then also you have a question of reliability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Hi ,I too got the red grill fitted in the same place next to fog lamp in my car last week.It is loud and sharp but the horn produces so much vibration that i can feel it in the clutch pedal. Well i am not complaining
Get a nice good quality clamp for your Red Grills man,they are a heavy pair and they need to vibrate freely to produce their best,but needs to be attached with a sturdy clamp.

Quote:
Hey ultimatechamp how does it cost??
Pm ankitahuja.He had procured one for me and also for Immortalz.You will get the quote from him.Its worth it
Old 11th April 2009, 16:44   #577
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ555 View Post
Hi RJ am too was on a look out for the steble.it will be available at GP road i guess
Old 11th April 2009, 22:15   #578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
Is it possible to fit a pressure horn as used on interstate trucks & buses on a Safari?
I know it is illegal.
But is it possible to fit such a horn with a seperate switch?
Where are these available in Mumbai?
I dont think the pressure horns used by trucks and buses can be used, as they take the air from the air tank which is there for the air brakes. A small compressor that comes in stebel 3 pipe pressure horn kit( for cars) cannot generate the same air pressure.
Even i would like to fit a truck/bus air horn- only if somebody could do a DIY job.
Old 15th April 2009, 12:15   #579
Senior - BHPian

I've bought a pair of Stebel Magnum from Evo and installed in place of the stock horns. The sound is great. But once in a while there is a "click" sound whenever I press the horn. At times it gets irritating. Is there any solution for the same ?
Old 16th April 2009, 11:59   #580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
So I had a roots windtone super horn on my Lancer which lasted 4 years. Off late it was sounding a bit gruff so I changed it to Bosch Symphony horns.

The old roots horn was 12V 4.0A and the new Bosch is also 12V 4.0A. The bosch keeps blowing the horn fuse but the roots did not have any such problem.

The Lancer SFXi came with a factory windtone horn i.e. pair. AFAIK there is no relay in the horn path.

Any ideas why the horn may be blowing the fuse when the other horn of same spec wasn't?
Did you get an answer for this? I am looking for a simple plug and play upgrade. Not interested in installing relay.
Old 16th April 2009, 12:07   #581
BHPian

Quote:
Hi RJ am too was on a look out for the steble.it will be available at GP road i guess
I picked up the Stebel Nautilus in April '08 from Victory Automobiles-GP Road-got it wired at A to Z Horns,Pudupet.The horn costed 775 and fitting 225.Price of the horn must have dropped now.Will check price by weekend if someone needs it.It is the loudest passenger car air horn at 139db
Old 16th April 2009, 12:11   #582
BHPian

BTW did you check the Haute carZone in the same road (OMR).Its a good concept but they need to correct the pricing.the perfume which costs 190 in other shops cost 225 there.

Haute Car zone is a wee bit too pricey,considering the fact you can pick up the stuff at a cheaper rate elsewhere on GP road-only need to look around and bargain.
Old 16th April 2009, 12:54   #583
Senior - BHPian

I had fitted stebel Nautilus in my Skoda near the grill. It worked wonders. Until the water messed it up. Plan to get it again. But this time will make it TWO It will work it's magic better with those trucks and buses.
Old 16th April 2009, 18:30   #584
BHPian

Quote:
thanx. i picked it from one other shop for Rs:675 & installation costed just Rs:80, yesterday suddenly the horn didnt work nor the indicators functioned, hoped the fuse would have blown & showd my car to maruti dealer who also said fuse is out, replaced 2 fuses' but gets blowed,
stebel was connected with the same wiring that powered the company horn which was removed, will a cutout solve this issue ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolffe View Post
I picked up the Stebel Nautilus in April '08 from Victory Automobiles-GP Road-got it wired at A to Z Horns,Pudupet.The horn costed 775 and fitting 225.Price of the horn must have dropped now.Will check price by weekend if someone needs it.It is the loudest passenger car air horn at 139db
thanx wolfee, 4 days back i picked it up for 675/- in gp rd & got it installed from my electrician in kilpauk, the prob that bi faced recently is the fuse gets blown & indicators dont function..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
I've bought a pair of Stebel Magnum from Evo and installed in place of the stock horns. The sound is great. But once in a while there is a "click" sound whenever I press the horn. At times it gets irritating. Is there any solution for the same ?
hi, did the same to my swift, fitted stebel nautilus, but the fuse gets blown often along with indicators disfunctioning, hella on other hand is superb & has not harmed any other setup, do u face issues with stebel?

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Jaggu : 16th April 2009 at 18:50. Reason: Back to back posts!
Old 16th April 2009, 18:54   #585
Senior - BHPian

I picked up roots windtone from GP road, spent total of 900 including installation. Its shrill enough for most stubborn two wheelers and autos! I wonder what nautilus would be like, because i get freaked by the roots horn itself! Very much an anti horn use guy.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks