Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2012, 02:02   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: KTM Duke 200 launched @ an introductory price of Rs. 1,17,500/- (Ex-Showroom Delh

Here you go! This is how a Duke would sound!
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2012, 07:55   #62
BHPian

Re: KTM Duke 200 launched @ an introductory price of Rs. 1,17,500/- (Ex-Showroom Delh

Duke 200 photos taken at taken at probiking pune.

KTM Duke 200 launched @ an introductory price of Rs. 1,17,500/- (Ex-Showroom Delhi)-img_0944.jpg

KTM Duke 200 launched @ an introductory price of Rs. 1,17,500/- (Ex-Showroom Delhi)-img_0946.jpg

KTM Duke 200 launched @ an introductory price of Rs. 1,17,500/- (Ex-Showroom Delhi)-img_0949.jpg
pawan_pullarwar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2012, 08:19   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalva View Post
Slightly offtopic, but I am surprised that you did not even consider CBR, a capable sports-tourer. Is it the bent forward (sporty) riding stance?
Jalva, I was just loudly thinking on the forum and just forgot about the CBR. Its riding position isn't bad at all if you want to ride long distances. In fact it is not as sporty as the baby Ninja, riding which will be like doing an all-day crunch.

I personally don't like the faired look unless it is a really big-capacity bike, hence forgot about the CBR. Sorry about the oversight.
Old 26th January 2012, 13:10   #64
Senior - BHPian

Mouth watering price for what looks like a quality product. I am a very car person. Love driving to riding. And haven't owned a bike after I sold my RX 135. But I am afraid I am falling for the Duke even before a TD.

A few questions to guys who have seen the KTM in person.
  1. Is the Duke available only in that colour combination? I don't mind the orange but just curious.
  2. How tall is the bike? Is it comparable to the FZ-16?
  3. Do they have a Demo bike for TD or is it in the 'too powerful for TD' category?
  4. Is it a heavy bike?
So that brings us to my last question. Will it look really awkward riding the Duke wearing all formals?
Old 26th January 2012, 14:47   #65
BHPian

I agree with the price. Seems the showrooms are making extra arrangements to handle booking queue which will start this Saturday 28/1/12 in Bangalore
[*]Is the Duke available only in that colour combination? I don't mind the orange but just curious.

Currently No
[*]How tall is the bike? Is it comparable to the FZ-16?

I presume you are talking about seat height. Its 2 cm more that FZ on paper but depending the width it will determine the ground reach
[*]Do they have a Demo bike for TD or is it in the 'too powerful for TD' category?

Currently not available in Bangalore Pro Biking showroom. Expected tomorrow. TD is entirely showroom decision. Most of the time (Ninja) they give the excuse that "its a customer's bike". Bangalore Probiking showroom can't effort a TD bike. Very costly these bikes are you see. Ninja 650 was sold out without even seeing the bike. Such was the response. So why dhis TD di!
[*]Is it a heavy bike?

One the the lightest bike and best power to weight ratio. If you are not careful it will tend to fly.
[/list]So that brings us to my last question. Will it look really awkward riding the Duke wearing all formals? stupid

Lol! Entirely upto you. You want to be "seen" on the bike or enjoy the ride wearing anything you wish - preferably safety gear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Mouth watering price for what looks like a quality product. I am a very car person. Love driving to riding. And haven't owned a bike after I sold my RX 135. But I am afraid I am falling for the Duke even before a TD.

:
I did consider the CBR but that's exactly the problem. You can't ride all day long in "bent forward" position. Am talking of 600+ km per day for 4 / 5 days or more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalva View Post
Slightly offtopic, but I am surprised that you did not even consider CBR, a capable sports-tourer. Is it the bent forward (sporty) riding stance?
Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please use the "edit" button if posting within 30 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 27th January 2012 at 01:42.
rockyb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2012, 17:21   #66
Senior - BHPian

All said and done - wannbe buyers - expect a la-ducati type online rush for this crazy motor - expect a 1st half day closing of bookings if you dont go with you cheque book!! Sales will be as fast as the bike!!
Old 26th January 2012, 17:40   #67

Infractions: 0/2 (11)

That swingarm looks like a work of art!!

I am pretty sure there will soon be a black market for Duke200 bookings going at a nice premium, great opportunity for cunning opportunists!!
Old 26th January 2012, 20:43   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Will it look really awkward riding the Duke wearing all formals?
Have you seen 007 doing stunts wearing an expensive suit, very formally going about his business? I would see that as my cue when I take on this bike (that is if my wife will let me)

Seriously you will look fab, even with a suit on, trust me.
Old 26th January 2012, 20:50   #69
BHPian

Are there any after market exhausts available for this bike? Yoshimura? Two Brothers? I think this droolmaal of a bike needs a better growl.
Old 26th January 2012, 23:07   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyb View Post
I did consider the CBR but that's exactly the problem. You can't ride all day long in "bent forward" position. Am talking of 600+ km per day for 4 / 5 days or more.
I have a similar view. Duke does seem like a better tourer for the seating posture. Had their been some good handlebar risers for CBR, it would have trumped the Duke for touring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oreen View Post
Jalva, I was just loudly thinking on the forum and just forgot about the CBR. Its riding position isn't bad at all if you want to ride long distances. In fact it is not as sporty as the baby Ninja, riding which will be like doing an all-day crunch.

I personally don't like the faired look unless it is a really big-capacity bike, hence forgot about the CBR. Sorry about the oversight.
No issues. Ninja 250r is a track machine, so no point even including it in the long distance riding discussion.
Old 27th January 2012, 06:29   #71
BHPian

On the wrong side of fifty(only just),saw the KTM pics before launch,the bike at launch,this is the bike that is getting me onto two wheels again after at least seven years out of the saddle.My wife and friends say I am trying to re-capture my lost youth,I say to hell with all that,this is a bike that begs to be ridden,let's not overthink,just go do it!
The above post dedicated to the few who have voiced concerns over being able to ride it in a suit and the suitability of the colour scheme for men approaching middle age.The fact that you guys are reading and writing on this thread strongly indicates you need to meet the Duke and shake his hand.
Just go for it,happy riding!

Last edited by 911987 : 27th January 2012 at 06:31.
Old 27th January 2012, 09:54   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911987
The above post dedicated to the few who have voiced concerns over being able to ride it in a suit and the suitability of the colour scheme for men approaching middle age. Just go for it,happy riding!
Spot on sir! Hope you get your hands on one soon. :clap
Drool worthy has to be ridden; what's riding got to do with age.... errr a bike
Old 27th January 2012, 10:15   #73
Senior - BHPian

Did anyone notice the exhaust placement? Its not just the height but the angle too. This is a pure street bike and those dreaming of taking this to ladakh in July thru all that slush and watercrossing will be disappointed.
Old 27th January 2012, 10:34   #74
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommie View Post
Couple of 40+ are convinced to ride the orange passion, nice reassurance for the other younger riders. I am impressed by hearing that RE's will be going away for Duke.

I would like to see some video of Duke in action and the sound of the exhaust note. Does any one have it?
Add one more 40 year old to the list. But my 10 year old Std 500 stays with me thank you very much (sold the LB500 and the Classic 500 last year)!

The KTM will attract many Bullet riders. Its that sort of bike.
Old 27th January 2012, 12:22   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Add one more 40 year old to the list. But my 10 year old Std 500 stays with me thank you very much (sold the LB500 and the Classic 500 last year)!

The KTM will attract many Bullet riders. Its that sort of bike.
Am surprised you say this cause they are completely two different breed! Why do you think bulleteers will get attracted to a KTM?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks