Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2006, 11:04   #61
Senior - BHPian

Just saw the AD in TV

The concept is copied from the Suzuki Shogun- "The Boss" ad.

When shogun was launched, it was indeed the Boss of all bikes. But with this kind of specks and looks, for sure CBZ is not going to Boss anyone.

May it eat dust and rest in pease...till HH repaints it and brings it back with another name
Old 10th October 2006, 11:04   #62
Team-BHP Support

All I can say is thank God I decided to go ahead and buy my 400 instead of waiting and hoping that our great manufacturers here would actually make something desirable available to us.
Old 10th October 2006, 13:00   #63

What a letdown

What a huge letdown....HH could have done much much better with the new CBZ..the charm and grace of the "original" CBZ is completely lost...
Old 10th October 2006, 13:52   #64
BHPian

i will have to b even more careful riding my CBZ whose name was ripped to pieces, courtesy HH
Old 10th October 2006, 19:45   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight
Just saw the AD in TV

The concept is copied from the Suzuki Shogun- "The Boss" ad.

When shogun was launched, it was indeed the Boss of all bikes. But with this kind of specks and looks, for sure CBZ is not going to Boss anyone.

May it eat dust and rest in pease...till HH repaints it and brings it back with another name
the shogun was a real boss during its time and even now. the indian bike scene is just being taken for a ride by our stupid makers. The sound of that bike in the ad makes u wonder what it is. But it appears to be a crappy lump of plastic. The silencer looks like a commuter stuff and the styling is mind blowing...
Old 10th October 2006, 20:37   #66
BHPian

I feel that HH could have worked more on the bike
the looks aren't that good also maybe atleast a 180cc with fuel injection, for that tv ad to be a meaningfull ....
i feel this bike should have come earlier and as usual with bajaj in fuel injection for this segment its going to lead again...
Hero honda should be fast in the market

Last edited by rranjith_kum : 10th October 2006 at 20:43.
Old 10th October 2006, 20:59   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
HERO HONDA UNVEILS ALL-NEW ‘CBZ X-TREME’
Quote:

Strengthens Presence and Focus on the Premium Segment
  • 150cc, 14.2 BHP powerful engine
  • Highest acceleration in the segment: 0 – 60 kmph in 5 seconds
  • New model comes with a 3-year / 40,000 kms warranty
  • CBZ X-treme to enhance Hero Honda’s image as a
    youthful and technology-driven company
CBZ X-treme is an X-treme style machine with several first of its kind features:
  • LED Tail Light – first time ever on any two-wheeler in the country
  • Split Rear Grip, again a first-time feature in motorcycles in India
  • Black Alloy Wheels
  • Front Disc brakes
  • Aircraft type Fuel Tank Lid
  • Wide 100/90 low aspect ratio rear tyre for additional road grip and safety
  • Dark grey colour engine
And several additional features for a very youthful and sporty look:
  • Integrated tail light and winkers
  • Front winkers integrated with the visor
  • Pilot lamps positioned above the head light
  • Sculpted & Sharp Rear Cowl
  • Brushed steel console panel finish
  • Contoured seat
New Delhi, October 9th, 2006: Indian roads are never going to be same again as Hero Honda, the world’s largest manufacturer of motorcycles, today further strengthened its presence in the premium segment, by unveiling the all-new ‘CBZ X-treme’.

CBZ X-treme, with a 150 cc engine, stunning design and best-in-class features, carries forward the lineage of Hero Honda CBZ, the immediate synonym of stylish bikes for many.

As a true market leader, Hero Honda was the first two-wheeler manufacturer in India to introduce a bike on the style platform, with the launch of the Sleek, way back in 1989. The company further consolidated this position with the launch of the CBZ in 1999. The CBZ motorcycle immediately won the hearts of customers, many of whom till this date continue to swear by its performance and style. CBZ X-treme, keeping up Hero Honda’s tradition of innovation, is a result of extensive market research and customer feedback and has been specially developed for the true connoisseurs of style and performance.

Unveiling the CBZ X-treme here today, Mr. Pawan Munjal, Managing Director and CEO, Hero Honda Motors Ltd., said, “The launch of CBZ X-treme is a landmark event in the Indian two-wheeler industry, which is going to completely revolutionize the biking experience of the GenNext bike enthusiasts in the country. The CBZ X-treme will offer an exhilarating biking experience to riders.

“We also have a slew of new products across categories lined up to hit the roads in the next few months. So rev up and stay tuned for further news from Hero Honda,” he added.

CBZ X-treme has been jointly developed by Honda R&D in Japan, India and Hero Honda R&D. The new motorcycle addresses the aspirations of customers preferring a higher cc motorbike. Its 150 cc engine with 5-gear transmission promises to deliver the best overall performance in the segment. Performance features like best-in-class acceleration, power delivery and top-speed are the best ever experienced in the 150 cc segment.

Hero Honda CBZ X-treme will be immediately available for test drives and bookings through the company’s wide network of dealers. It would be available commercially by the end of this month

CBZ X-treme will be offered in a range of five attractive colours including the all-new vibrant blue metallic and sports red; candy blazing red, black and boon silver. The CBZ X-treme comes in two variants - disc/kick and disc/self.

The motorcycle is attractively priced at Rs 54,500/- (Disc Kick version) and Rs 56,500/- (Disc Self version) ex-showroom Delhi.
Go ahead laugh....... I guess this will make your day !!

The funniest part is this

CBZ X-treme is an X-treme style machine with several first of its kind features:
  • LED Tail Light – first time ever on any two-wheeler in the country
  • Split Rear Grip, again a first-time feature in motorcycles in India
  • Black Alloy Wheels
  • Front Disc brakes
  • Aircraft type Fuel Tank Lid
  • Wide 100/90 low aspect ratio rear tyre for additional road grip and safety
  • Dark grey colour engine
I mean, cmon !!! Whom are they kidding ??

Whom are they kidding ??

The new 180 DTSi already has LED taillights.

The 180 DTSi has had black alloys for ages now

Front Disc brake ?? Is that actually new anymore ??

Aircraft type fuel lid....baah...it had better have it....

This is really lame from HH......

Sources :http://www.funenclave.com/auto-zone/...reme-1269.html

http://rearset.blogspot.com/2006/10/...h-release.html
Old 10th October 2006, 21:24   #68
Senior - BHPian

If you look at the sales figures, 150 cc is where the action is. Only a small fraction of Pulsar sales comes from the 180. So, if I was HH why would I bother with a 180 (when I already have a ZMA). No wonder TVS also kept their Apache at 150.

Now it remains to be seen how the new CBZ measures up against the new kids Apache/Unicorn and reigning champ P150.

Looks of course are subjective, but I hope they took care of that harsh and thirsty engine.

PS: is the engine going to be same as the Achiever

Last edited by Mpower : 11th October 2006 at 03:11.
Old 11th October 2006, 08:16   #69
Team-BHP Support

These alloys would fit the Unicorn directly. The disc brake mounts are same .
Sad looking bike though!
Old 11th October 2006, 10:14   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
If you look at the sales figures, 150 cc is where the action is. Only a small fraction of Pulsar sales comes from the 180. So, if I was HH why would I bother with a 180 (when I already have a ZMA).
I agree Mpower. My only grouse is the stupid AD campaign. Once you raise the expectation, you got to deliver even more to surpass the expectation. Look what everyone thought the CBZ to be and what is delivered.

In my eyes, anyone who buys CBZ X** thinks that wearing underware over the pants make them Superman
Old 11th October 2006, 17:16   #71
Senior - BHPian

Sad looking bike really, I was looking forward to this bike as I thought they would at least put something over 200cc, the older CBZ looks better than this, I think its time to Import a nice 400cc bike from outside, BTW good news for you guys, import duties are being slashed from 121 % down to 50 % in the next budget, so cheers guys !!!! we can finally think about importing cars / bikes finally .....
Old 11th October 2006, 17:28   #72
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar
import duties are being slashed from 121 % down to 50 % in the next budget, so cheers guys !!!! we can finally think about importing cars / bikes finally .....
Dude you serious? Where did you hear/read this?
Old 11th October 2006, 17:44   #73
BHPian

good on the finance minister. mayb we should send a collective bouquet from TBHP, who's in guys???
Old 11th October 2006, 22:09   #74
Senior - BHPian

When i first saw the ads, I actually started regretting going for the Apache. But at the time there was no talk of any "new" CBZ being launched. But thankfully my loyalties are now well and truly with the Apache and HH has just lost a LOT of respect from me. The ONE that absolutely baffles me is the design of the instrument cluster. Any two year old could place the speedo, tacho and the lights in a better fashion!
Old 11th October 2006, 23:06   #75
BHPian

Really not happy with teh New CBZ.. if i were to buy the cbz. i'd buy the old one. But 14.2 bhp.. isn't the highest in the 150cc segment. HH could have done a better job on this but ..... i think tehy may have taken on new workers to get crappy bikes on roads... nwayz i always keeps my eyes on hh and see wht r they upto next...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks