Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2013, 14:02   #1966
BHPian

Had installed it in my 2004 alto lxi with autocop power windows about three years back . It worked with my original nippon security system . When I pressed the lock button on the remote the door locked and all windows closed one by one .
Old 30th September 2013, 11:18   #1967
BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Hyundai Verna (2011)

Guys, are there any add-on's to switch of the lights if we forget?

Car headlights should turn OFF when the ignition key is removed. is it possible?

Last edited by razorBlades : 30th September 2013 at 11:19.
Old 30th September 2013, 17:29   #1968

In SX(O) keyless entry, lights turn off automatically if you lock the car with the remote. I guess some other solution might also there in the market.
Old 3rd October 2013, 08:02   #1969
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorBlades View Post

Car headlights should turn OFF when the ignition key is removed. is it possible?
My old Hyundai Elantra has that feature. Lights go off when I remove the keys. The verna doesnt have that feature ? May be possible to add that feature as both cars from the same company ?
Old 3rd October 2013, 10:17   #1970
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorBlades View Post

In my 2012 1.6 CRDI SX, the lights turn to parking when the key is removed. Once the driver side door is opened, all lights turn off.

This feature is called the "Battery Saver Feature" and is also mentioned in the manual and brochure.

What model/variant is yours?
revved_up is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2013, 20:30   #1971
BHPian

Guys i am planning to by a Verna SX for my parents. I want to know if the DRL / projector lamps version is going to come out, so that i can wait till then.
Kindly post your opinion.
Old 3rd October 2013, 21:41   #1972
BHPian

I was told by the dealer that the one with the project headlamps is exported. We get only regular headlamps. And I also heard via team-bhp and other forums that the headlamps are not very good on the Vernas. I was seriously considering buying the Verna diesel automatic but didn't go for it because the dealer could not provide me references (happy existing owners of Verna Diesel automatic). Again, based on my reading the suspension problem is not completely resolved and the rear seating is not great. When the dealer got to know that they could not convince me to get the Verna they tried very hard to sell me the Elantra. I heard good things about Elantra but then my mind didn't permit me to buy an expensive sedan to be driven on bangalore roads (read potholed, cratered, bumped-up roads).
Old 5th October 2013, 15:27   #1973
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone switched over to the New Fluidic Verna after owning a Figo?

I just want to know how it compares to the Figo in terms of ground clearance. The Figo with its low GC can just about manage any speed breaker when driven cautiously.

Does the Verna fare better than the Figo in this department?
Old 5th October 2013, 20:06   #1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Has anyone switched over to the New Fluidic Verna after owning a Figo?

I just want to know how it compares to the Figo in terms of ground clearance. The Figo with its low GC can just about manage any speed breaker when driven cautiously.

Does the Verna fare better than the Figo in this department?
Yes. The Verna is somewhat similar to Figo in that respect. The soft suspension on Verna warrants extreme care over bumper especially with more than 2 pax in the car.
kamson is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2013, 19:37   #1975
BHPian

Hi guys,

I was thinking of procuring this for my verna fluidic.
will be asking a friend to get it for me.
any pointers to keep in mind before ordering such as bulb type compatibility ?

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro..._id=227please:
Old 7th October 2013, 10:25   #1976
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
In my 2012 1.6 CRDI SX, the lights turn to parking when the key is removed. Once the driver side door is opened, all lights turn off.

This feature is called the "Battery Saver Feature" and is also mentioned in the manual and brochure.

What model/variant is yours?
Thanks for the info. It does indeed switch off! I was sitting inside the car and the lights were on, thats why got confused . Thanks.
Old 7th October 2013, 17:02   #1977
BHPian

I was looking for the Verna SX (O) gear knob for my Petrol car. Earlier posts show the part number for the CRDi variant having six gears. Since My Petrol variant has 5 gears, I wanted the part number for the chrome gear knob.
Old 9th October 2013, 17:56   #1978
BHPian

Hi all,
I am zeroing in on a Sedan for quite some months now and finally it was a choice between the City and the Verna. Given that the City was due for a revamp and really does lack some of the features provided by the Verna, I almost finalized on the Verna. I TD the vehicle today but somehow was not too comfortable with the handling. Even at speeds of 60-80 I noticed the steering to be extremely light and a kind of wobbling. My wifey who was with me during the TD said that probably the car is quite smooth, but am not quite sure I agree. Have other users seen such a thing?

Would look forward to your opinions before I go ahead with this committment.
Old 10th October 2013, 09:42   #1979
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ag408 View Post
Hi all,
I am zeroing in on a Sedan for quite some months now and finally it was a choice between the City and the Verna. Given that the City was due for a revamp and really does lack some of the features provided by the Verna, I almost finalized on the Verna. I TD the vehicle today but somehow was not too comfortable with the handling. Even at speeds of 60-80 I noticed the steering to be extremely light and a kind of wobbling. My wifey who was with me during the TD said that probably the car is quite smooth, but am not quite sure I agree. Have other users seen such a thing?

Would look forward to your opinions before I go ahead with this committment.
You have just observed what people have been complaining about the Verna for 2 years now.

Just digging more, why did you zero in on only City and Verna? Did you try the Tjet or the Fiesta or the Vento (TSI in the works)? I believe since you are looking for handling characteristics in your car, Verna might not entice you.
_raVan_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2013, 10:21   #1980
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
You have just observed what people have been complaining about the Verna for 2 years now.

Just digging more, why did you zero in on only City and Verna? Did you try the Tjet or the Fiesta or the Vento (TSI in the works)? I believe since you are looking for handling characteristics in your car, Verna might not entice you.
The Vento was a strict NO simply because of that huge hump inconveniencing back seat travellers! And have a friend who owned a Fiesta before, heard the maintenance charges were quite high. Anyways, not been too much fan of the Ford. Really haven't thought of the T Jet though - will take a look if you say so!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks