Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2016, 10:15   #226
BHPian

re: Review: The 2015 Hyundai Verna Facelift (2nd-gen)

Came across this video on Youtube.
The petrol sedans taken to Buddh International Circuit.

Do watch !

drive2eternity is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th April 2016, 20:45   #227
BHPian

I had a question to all current verna owners.
With rumors of new generation Verna around the corner, would it be still a wise decision to go for Verna now? The reason I am posting this question is - We are looking for a C-Segment sedan for one of my friend. Test drove City, Ciaz and Verna. Verna is the one which we all liked.
Old 30th April 2016, 20:52   #228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk28 View Post
With rumors of new generation Verna around the corner, would it be still a wise decision to go for Verna now?
Verna isn't the car I would buy now. It's too old. A terrible backseat experience and unsorted dynamics in the 2014 model left a lot to be desired.

It would be wise to wait for the next generation. Going by the Hyundai has built the Grand i10, Elite i20 and Creta, it'll surely be a winner.

My guess is that you're friend wants a trouble free diesel car- try the S-Cross if he's open to a crossover.
landcruiser123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2016, 10:17   #229
BHPian

Quote:
With rumors of new generation Verna around the corner, would it be still a wise decision to go for Verna now? The reason I am posting this question is - We are looking for a C-Segment sedan for one of my friend. Test drove City, Ciaz and Verna. Verna is the one which we all liked.
The Verna is too old now, despite all its merits. You haven't mentioned the fuel/transmission requirements. These are my suggestions -

Petrol M/T - City i- VTEC. Fantastic engine, great comfort.

Diesel M/T - Ciaz. Loads of space and great VFM.

Petrol A/T - City CVT or Vento TSI. Vento has the better auto box and hence is better to drive, but the City is decent too and worth considering if you want to steer clear of the Germans.

Diesel A/T - Vento without a doubt.
Aaron:) is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2016, 10:57   #230
BHPian

Quote:
With rumors of new generation Verna around the corner, would it be still a wise decision to go for Verna now?
In general, unless the new launch is imminent in a short time, I think there is no point waiting. Because, new launches are going to be a continuous process and you can't keep waiting for the next thing forever. There's a good chance that it's going to be more expensive too. What's the guarantee that there won't be another launch after the next Verna? In the meantime, like is passing by

My take is, go for whatever you like within your budget. Do multiple test drives. Bargain with multiple dealers. And enjoy the new ride!
PearlJam is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st May 2016, 18:40   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlJam View Post
My take is, go for whatever you like within your budget. Do multiple test drives. Bargain with multiple dealers. And enjoy the new ride!
Thank you PearlJam. Simple and sweet response !! Appreciate it. We are looking for diesel variant. Sorry I think I did not mention this earlier.

Did multiple test drives again today. Rejected Honda City outright as we felt it was too noisy cabin. Ciaz was good in all areas. True value for money vehicle however felt it was a bit under powered and the exterior design was uninspiring. Front resembles more like Tata Indigo to me. Test drive SCross as well. Again front did not appeal to our taste. Verna is the only on which has inspired so far.
Decision is still pending. Will keep you all
Posted.

Last edited by kk28 : 1st May 2016 at 18:45.
Old 1st May 2016, 23:04   #232
BHPian

Dear Verna owner- Can you please let me know the fuel economy/mileage (actuals) in the current generation Verna ?
Old 2nd May 2016, 09:37   #233
BHPian

Hello kk28.

Though many seem to be of the opinion that with the new Verna to be launched, it is not worth going for the existing model, I beg to differ.

Firstly, Hyundai haven't announced the plans nor the tentative dates.
Secondly, the current Verna, if suits your friend's needs, will probably also get the most discounts compared to the rivals.
Thirdly, even though the Verna is 'old', its CRDi motor is far superior to the 'new' competitor diesels.
Lastly, if we all kept waiting for the next generation, we could never buy any car ever. It all depends on the timelines. If your friend is not in urgent need, he may wait for 2017 to see how things unfold. Because, even Honda will get an updated City probably. But if he doesn't want to wait that long, then just the supposed new launch sometime in the future should not be the deal breaker !

So the ideal way to approach would be as mentioned by Pearljam, take the test drives, see what meets the needs and go for it.

OT: If people were worried about buying an outdated model, Vento wouldn't sell at all, because VW keeps on updating it every 3 months or so.

Last edited by drive2eternity : 2nd May 2016 at 09:38.
drive2eternity is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2016, 18:14   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Verna owner- Can you please let me know the fuel economy/mileage (actuals) in the current generation Verna ?
Verna Petrol AT - 9 kmpl in peak city traffic, but 15 on highways
Old 2nd May 2016, 19:18   #235
BHPian

Quote:
4S 1.6 CRDI manual - 11 to 13 in Bangalore's crazy traffic, 17-19 with aggressive highway driving, 21-22 in normal highway driving, 24-25 if you conservatively cruise on 6th gear
PearlJam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2016, 14:58   #236
BHPian

Friends,
Need help in decoding Verna Vin. As per Team_Bhp decoder, all Hyundai VIN's should be 19 characters long. However in our vehicle it appears to be 17 characters. 10th Character states G which indicates 2016 year of manufacture. This is followed by a Alphabet and then 6 numbers. I am confused.
Old 3rd May 2016, 16:26   #237
BHPian

Just ask your SA to show the VIN stamped near the front driver seat. It will have the month.
Old 3rd May 2016, 18:52   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Friends,
Need help in decoding Verna Vin. As per Team_Bhp decoder, all Hyundai VIN's should be 19 characters long. However in our vehicle it appears to be 17 characters. 10th Character states G which indicates 2016 year of manufacture. This is followed by a Alphabet and then 6 numbers. I am confused.

I seriously dont know why hyundai SA do not give correct information about VIN. even when i was purchasing verna top end, i was given 17 digits whereas its 19. Even after many followups i was not given what i was asking for and car went for registration.

Luckily my car was only 9 days old when registered. He had informed me that they dont stock top end. made to order. Dont know how far it is true.

Ask your SA to give u pic of rear door glass where they have sticker. even that will have 19 digit VIN.
Old 3rd May 2016, 21:27   #239
BHPian

Thanks folks. I was told that it's a Feb-2016 vehicle received at the dealership in March. I believe this is okay. I am going to visit the dealership tomorrow to ascertain this. I even requested for the Form 22 in email for which I got a response stating that it's something they share directly with RTO and if I still need it they can show me in person when I visit the dealership tomorrow.

Here is my new concern. If it's a Feb Vehicle are we not supposed to get it at the pre-budget/price increase price ? Dealership would have procured the vehicle well before the price hike but they are still selling it at the post budget price. Am j being stupid here or this is how it works across ?
Old 4th May 2016, 16:04   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive2eternity View Post
Came across this video on Youtube.
The petrol sedans taken to Buddh International Circuit.

Do watch !
Hey drive2eternity, There's no contest as to which is the most powerful petrol car among the lot & that too the most firmly planted one on the road.
Hail the Verna !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks