Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2018, 09:20   #361
BHPian

Re: Review: The 2015 Hyundai Verna Facelift (2nd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotranny View Post
Have any of you guys tried these. OR else, any other subtle mod ideas ?
You won't believe, but this exact item has been sitting in my Aliexpress cart for over 4 months now.
Just have been able to get over the fence and order it.
After spending countless hours on Aliexpress, I can assure you this is the first thing I would like to get for my Verna.
Two more things which I have considered are:
1. A subtle rear spoiler
2. White LED lights for the interior lamps.

Additionally, if you like chrome, you can see this too: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/For-...ceBeautifyAB=0
Old 25th July 2018, 10:50   #362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive2eternity View Post
You won't believe, but this exact item has been sitting in my Aliexpress cart for over 4 months now.
Just have been able to get over the fence and order it.
After spending countless hours on Aliexpress, I can assure you this is the first thing I would like to get for my Verna.
Two more things which I have considered are:
1. A subtle rear spoiler
2. White LED lights for the interior lamps.

[/url]
I'm anti chrome. I would love to de-chrome the entire car, but alas there is not enough chrome bits on the Verna 4S to really make a visible impact.

I had a not so memorable experience with a Chinese headlamp bulb that I had bought from HK, on my previous i10. It even messed up my electrical due to some wrong wattage. That's the only thing that I'm worried about in the DRL/fog.

I also enquired with Pete's regarding a performance mod ; unfortunately, no specific tune available for the 1.6 petrol.
autotranny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2018, 08:23   #363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth_sx View Post
I recently change my wipers to bosch clear advantage, frameless. Total cost for 16" and 22" wipers was around Rs 740
I too changed the wipers of my Verna 4S to Bosch Clear Advantage (I think frameless).

Ordered the 22" and 16" ones from Amazon. Total cost around 624/-.

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B01...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Fitting was easy. However, I did take time to remove the original wipers.

And as luck would have it, as soon as I completed fitting the Bosch wipers, it began to rain. So drove the car for a few minutes within the apartment walls to check the effectiveness and I am happy. The original wipers were making a scratchy sound as well as leaving a 'hazy' windscreen. The new ones worked perfectly.
And yes, they look uber cool too !

One observation: The original DR side wiper blade is 23" and the replacement I put is 22". I could see the difference in the cleaning height. But it isn't a point of concern.
Old 3rd August 2018, 18:19   #364
BHPian

Quote:
Ordered the 22" and 16" ones from Amazon. Total cost around 624/-.

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B01...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Fitting was easy. However, I did take time to remove the original wipers.
I order from sparesncare and they date of mfg turned to be 2015 and 16 for both wipers respectively. Bad deal. Older one jumps on the glass at times.
Good part was, sparesncare agreed to send replacements.
Bad part again, that it's taking a lot of time to reach me. Courier is lost in transit with my wipers, or so they say.

Quote:
One observation: The original DR side wiper blade is 23" and the replacement I put is 22". I could see the difference in the cleaning height. But it isn't a point of concern.
I noticed the same thing. 23" is stock but i dont see that available in a lot of places.
If the reorder does not arrive, i might go for the TVS frameless ones. They suggest 24 x 16" for my car.
http://amzn.in/7JHXLNG
Old 5th August 2018, 07:20   #365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth_sx View Post
i might go for the TVS frameless ones. They suggest 24 x 16" for my car.
That's bad getting an old stock. I checked and both the blades I got were from March 2018.
They are working perfectly, no shuddering or sound during operations. Clean swipe without haze.
I think 24" will just fit the windshield.
The TVS ones are definitely cheaper.
Do post your experience here. All the best!
drive2eternity is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2018, 09:53   #366
BHPian

Does anyone have a link to the 2015 4S Verna owner's manual?

Or would be thankful if someone could upload it!
Old 20th August 2018, 09:37   #367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xinger View Post
Does anyone have a link to the 2015 4S Verna owner's manual?

Or would be thankful if someone could upload it!
For Hyundai this global link exists. Here you can register for free and enter the VIN of your car for all manuals for that car.

https://service.hyundai-motor.com:444/euro5/login.tiles
drive2eternity is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2018, 16:32   #368
BHPian

I wonder if anyone is facing the below issue, The car is a 2016 Sx

The car tends to shut down while driving and it tends to reset the trip meter, hours driven etc in the console

The above happens sporadically with no particular trend and happens once a month atleast

Have given it to the SA but they cant reproduce the issue so I look like I am dreaming up things

Anyone ?
Old 21st August 2018, 09:36   #369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepakMenon View Post

The car tends to shut down while driving and it tends to reset the trip meter, hours driven etc in the console

The above happens sporadically with no particular trend and happens once a month atleast

Have given it to the SA but they cant reproduce the issue so I look like I am dreaming up things

Anyone ?
The highlighted part of your statement makes me think it is the battery. Have you noticed any difference in your cranks? Do they seem to last just 1-2 secs longer than earlier?
I suggest you get your battery checked for the output voltage.

If not, there seems to be a fuse problem.

Last edited by drive2eternity : 21st August 2018 at 09:38.
drive2eternity is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2018, 12:07   #370
BHPian

Quote:

Anyone ?
Have you done any electrical related mods. I faced a similar issue long back in my i10, when I switched to some unknown Chinese made white headlamp bulbs. The additional wattage started messing up my electricals ; like power steering locking up, car shutting down etc. But in my case, this happened frequently over a 2 day period and I got rid of the problem light bulbs immediately.
Old 21st August 2018, 13:15   #371
BHPian

There has been no change in cranking, Will check the battery condition later today and report back

No Electrical mods, Bone Stock car
Old 21st August 2018, 18:13   #372
BHPian

Quote:
There has been no change in cranking, Will check the battery condition later today and report back

No Electrical mods, Bone Stock car
More than the battery condition, check the condition of the contacts on the battery, the positive and negative terminals. The trip meter etc. resetting could be due to an ECU reset which happens if the battery terminals are disconnected and connected again. Do the service staff spray some kind of solution on the terminals every service? I think it is done to prevent corrosion on the terminals as they are exposed and this disconnect issue could be due to corrosion on terminals.
Old 22nd August 2018, 13:44   #373
BHPian

Dear Fellow Hyundaians
My Fluidic Verna Petrol (5 yrs old) seems to have developed a cooling problem in AC. I get the cooling effect of 24 degree C only when I set it at 21 degree. At the usual 24 degree, the cabin is just cool and not the usual feeling. I got the coolant refilled at a popular outlet in Bangalore. It was good for a week or so, but the same cooling problem resurfaced. I took it back to the same refill center. They measured and found there was a decrease in the coolant level and suspected it to a leak.

Has anyone else faced this issue? If yes, what measure was taken to fix it? Cost? Parts?

Any inputs will be welcome.

Regards,
Karthik Iyer
Old 27th August 2018, 13:47   #374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohan24 View Post
More than the battery condition, check the condition of the contacts on the battery, the positive and negative terminals. The trip meter etc. resetting could be due to an ECU reset which happens if the battery terminals are disconnected and connected again. Do the service staff spray some kind of solution on the terminals every service? I think it is done to prevent corrosion on the terminals as they are exposed and this disconnect issue could be due to corrosion on terminals.
Checked the Battery, 12V, No drain, Charges appropriately. All checked out

The terminals looked clean, still gave it a clean. The negative terminal was a wee bit loose. Secured it proper

All Fuses seems good

Changed the key FOB battery too

Now is the wait to see if it does restart on me.
Old 27th August 2018, 14:21   #375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiyer_2000 View Post
Dear Fellow Hyundaians
My Fluidic Verna Petrol (5 yrs old) seems to have developed a cooling problem in AC. I get the cooling effect of 24 degree C only when I set it at 21 degree. At the usual 24 degree, the cabin is just cool and not the usual feeling. I got the coolant refilled at a popular outlet in Bangalore. It was good for a week or so, but the same cooling problem resurfaced. I took it back to the same refill center. They measured and found there was a decrease in the coolant level and suspected it to a leak.

Has anyone else faced this issue? If yes, what measure was taken to fix it? Cost? Parts?

Any inputs will be welcome.

Regards,
Karthik Iyer
If there is a drop in AC gas, then the leak would need to found. The cost will be AC refill cost + the part that is causing the leak

If a hose then quite cheap
If evaporator / coil then on the expensive side

You can only get to know the cost once the leaking part is identified

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks