Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2010, 11:21   #1096
BHPian

Hi!
safire90 owners. what avg mileage does it offer?
Old 17th July 2010, 11:28   #1097
Senior - BHPian

^^ My Friend's Manza Safire gives 13km/litre with 100% A/C in Calcutta. I think it's remarkable. I actually was him when he did the tankful to next tankful measurement. He uses standard Petrol from a BP bunk near his home.

His car has run 2800kms only, so there is a chance that this improves to 13.5 or nearabouts.
Old 17th July 2010, 11:45   #1098
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
^^ My Friend's Manza Safire gives 13km/litre with 100% A/C in Calcutta. I think it's remarkable. I actually was him when he did the tankful to next tankful measurement. He uses standard Petrol from a BP bunk near his home.

His car has run 2800kms only, so there is a chance that this improves to 13.5 or nearabouts.

That's good indeed,its just that an acquaintance of mine says he gets only 10km/litre so was in a confusion 10km/ltr is quite low. thanks Amartya

Last edited by aravindwarrier : 17th July 2010 at 11:46. Reason: forgto to add something
Old 17th July 2010, 11:50   #1099
BHPian

Quote:
^^ My Friend's Manza Safire gives 13km/litre with 100% A/C in Calcutta.
. I remember someone in this forum as well as CARWALE also reported the same.
Old 18th July 2010, 00:48   #1100
BHPian

Hello,
I get around 11 in Bangalore traffic.
Please note that this is what the MID displays and i have never been able to do a tankfull method computation. This figure may be a little off than the more accurate tankful to tankfull method.
Old 19th July 2010, 13:34   #1101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper21 View Post
Hello,
I get around 11 in Bangalore traffic.
Please note that this is what the MID displays and i have never been able to do a tankfull method computation. This figure may be a little off than the more accurate tankful to tankfull method.
I get around 12.5 to 14 in Bangalore traffic with almost 95% AC (done using tankfull method) in my Manza QJT.Most of the drive is to office with 4 to 5 people in car. Have driven 10.7K till date.
Usually fill normal Diesel from IOC or HP.
Old 19th July 2010, 20:14   #1102
BHPian

Quote:

Hi Amartya, did you mean 13kmpl with all running inside the city ? My memories of Calcutta are from 15 years ago,so how would you describe the traffic there - like Delhi or Mumbai ?

I wonder why Tata does not advertise the Safire that much,my friend's Vista Safire does 11.5 kmpl with 100% AC in Chennai.
Old 19th July 2010, 20:26   #1103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic View Post
Hi Amartya, did you mean 13kmpl with all running inside the city ? My memories of Calcutta are from 15 years ago,so how would you describe the traffic there - like Delhi or Mumbai ?
I wonder why Tata does not advertise the Safire that much,my friend's Vista Safire does 11.5 kmpl with 100% AC in Chennai.
Calcutta's traffic conditions is very congested. From what I've seen of Delhi, it's way better. Can't really comment on Bombay's traffic, as the total time I spent there was a day and a half .
However, my friend is a doctor and the hospital he visits almost everyday is close to 16kms from his house, and that includes a stretch of road where the car can be opened up a bit (the road's called the EM bypass).
However, that's just about the only time he gets to drive the car in car friendly conditions, the rest of the time, it's completely bumper to bumper.

He chose the Manza Safire because of the large boot and bluetooth support(important for doctors). He already has a Safari 4X4 and he has a great rapport with the local TASS, hence he decided to stick to their stable. I think the Manza Safire is selling quite well (not as much as the diesel of course) based on the number I see on the road, I understand it's fairly unscientific though.
Old 19th July 2010, 22:21   #1104
BHPian

Quote:
Calcutta's traffic conditions is very congested. From what I've seen of Delhi, it's way better. Can't really comment on Bombay's traffic, as the total time I spent there was a day and a half .
However, my friend is a doctor and the hospital he visits almost everyday is close to 16kms from his house, and that includes a stretch of road where the car can be opened up a bit (the road's called the EM bypass).
However, that's just about the only time he gets to drive the car in car friendly conditions, the rest of the time, it's completely bumper to bumper.

He chose the Manza Safire because of the large boot and bluetooth support(important for doctors). He already has a Safari 4X4 and he has a great rapport with the local TASS, hence he decided to stick to their stable. I think the Manza Safire is selling quite well (not as much as the diesel of course) based on the number I see on the road, I understand it's fairly unscientific though.
Hey,thanks for the update. Must be quite like Chennai then, the traffic in Calcutta, btw I made a stupid error in my post, I was in Calcutta 25 years ago !
Its just that my memory is still fresh, that I did a calculation to 15...
Old 20th July 2010, 00:57   #1105
BHPian

What about 46.32 KMPL?

Guys take a look at this article.

Indigo Manza does Incredible Mileage Run - News - ZigWheels

Now don't ask me how he did it!
Old 20th July 2010, 01:21   #1106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbender View Post
Guys take a look at this article.

Indigo Manza does Incredible Mileage Run - News - ZigWheels

Now don't ask me how he did it!
Here's an excerpt from the article, "...which stands as testimony to the Mania's capabilities". Manic indeed.
Old 20th July 2010, 01:47   #1107
BHPian

Quote:

Wow, I wish my car gave me this much mileage. The thing is my drive is almost everytime in medium to high traffic. But need to tell Concorde to tune it for a little more mileage
Old 20th July 2010, 20:08   #1108
BHPian

A link to my latest escapades in a Manza
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1989515
Old 21st July 2010, 10:12   #1109
BHPian

I have booked my TATA Manza, Aura+, Quadrajet, BS4, Gothic Olive. Vehicle Landed yesterday. I will have to inspect it on this Friday & proceed further. The vehicle has clocked 48km & the other similar car that came along with had around 43-45km. Is it ok. Delare told me that the car is driven from a different plant to loading truck station.
The vehicle manufactuirng is 06/2010.
Will post pictures after couple of days.
Plans to do the following additional works:
1. Complete anti-rust treatment.
2. engine wax treatment.
3. teflon coating, 3M
4.Sound deadening pads for the 4 doors.
5. Garware Ice Cool range window tints.
Old 21st July 2010, 14:25   #1110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
Any one on this forum- Any idea about the new color of the Manza called Gothic olive. How does it look like.
Gothic Olive - is some what dark beige. This is the colour I have booked.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review-tm1.jpg  

Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review-tm2.jpg  

Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review-tm3.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks