Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2015, 12:52   #736
J.Ravi

Re: The Mutual Funds Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
do I need to submit one set of KYC for each of the MF Company or just one would do for CAMS?
Just one will do. If a person is registered aleady with any of SEBI entities, even this is not required. For example, if I have a share trading account with a broker, then fresh registration for mutual funds is not required.

Old 28th January 2015, 13:00   #737
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. And do I need to submit one set of KYC for each of the MF Company or just one would do for CAMS?
Just get it done once with CAMS. Once complied, it's enough for all AMCs as it's tracked via your PAN number.

It's just a one-time thing with a lot of benefits.
Old 28th January 2015, 13:31   #738
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone tried direct investment with online.franklintempletonindia.com?

After setting up a SIP on their portal, I see there is a need to do one extra step.
--------------------------------------
To complete your SIP registration

Please log on to your bank’s net banking facility and register for auto debit instructions of your SIP installment directly from your bank account.
Please select Franklin Templeton Mutual Fund as your biller using the above URN as the reference number.

Edit: I added a new "Biller" in my HDFC account with "Standing Instruction" = Yes.
Looks like I will get a bill from Franklin each month presented via email.

Last edited by S_U_N : 28th January 2015 at 13:37.
Old 28th January 2015, 13:38   #739
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post

After setting up a SIP on their portal, I see there is a need to do one extra step.

Please log on to your bank’s net banking facility and register for auto debit instructions of your SIP installment directly from your bank account.
Please select Franklin Templeton Mutual Fund as your biller using the above URN as the reference number.
I have done it recently. It's not very intuitive and I had to get in touch with ICICI customer care to get more info.

Here are the main steps, for ICICI net banking if you're using that.

You can follow the below procedure to register Billers:

"Login to ICICIBank.com
"Click on bill pay section>Manage Billers>Register Biller
"Select your state and category from the drop down
"Register your biller (Note: registration of biller is a one time activity)

"For payment billers, instantly make payment of any amount as per your bill

"For presentment billers, your bill will be uploaded,view your bill & pay exact amount from next billing cycle

You will be unable to view the registered billers of presentment type in the "Make a Payment" option. However, you can see such billers in "Your Registered Billers".

Once the bill is uploaded online, you can see the details in 'Bill Pay Home'.
Old 28th January 2015, 14:01   #740
BHPian

Quote:

Edit: I added a new "Biller" in my HDFC account with "Standing Instruction" = Yes.
Yes, once the first SIP is processed this way, it'll be registered in both the parties and would not have a problem later on.

The only difference is that the direct mode SIP we create this way is treated as a "presentment" bill and hence this extra step.
Old 28th January 2015, 14:18   #741
Senior - BHPian

Ok. I have done this now.
Standing instruction = Yes. Otherwise I have to approve the bill each time I suppose. That is not feasible.
Old 28th January 2015, 14:25   #742
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Just one will do. If a person is registered aleady with any of SEBI entities, even this is not required. For example, if I have a share trading account with a broker, then fresh registration for mutual funds is not required.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parth46 View Post
Just get it done once with CAMS. Once complied, it's enough for all AMCs as it's tracked via your PAN number.
I don't think submitting KYC through CAMS is sufficient for all MFs. See the KYC status of my mother from CAMS.
The Mutual Funds Thread-kyc.jpg

Now, Franklin Templeton says no KYC available while SBI MF says it is.
For me too, CAMS KYC status is exactly the same, but I am KYC compliant for Franklin, probably because I already hold funds with them.
Old 28th January 2015, 14:43   #743
J.Ravi

Quote:
I don't think submitting KYC through CAMS is sufficient for all MFs.
I too faced some difficulty in the beginning with Franklin Templeton. But later on, they accepted my registration with NDML intermediary Kotak Securities, who is my stock broker. This is due to some issues with the unification of data base of different KRA. These FAQ will throw more light on the subject.

The Mutual Funds Thread-kyc.jpg

Old 29th January 2015, 21:25   #744
BHPian

Quote:

I think this additional step needs to be done for all instances where MF is purchased directly from the Fund website instead of being setup via your banking portal directly.

A question to the experts on this thread.

I used to have SIP setup from my Banks net-banking account which went towards the Regular MF plans from HDFC Bank & ICICI Bank. Once during a chat with a friend who works as an investment advisor at a bank he suggested me to go the Direct plan route which saves ~0.50% - 0.75% per year over the regular plan and on a cumulative basis it can make a significant difference if MF is maintained for a period of 5-10yrs.

This involves going and setting up the MF SIP directly from the Fund houses website and opting for the "Direct Plan" option of the schemes. For SIP's done in this way, the process is similar to what S_U_N has described in quoted post above.

Now my main question. Earlier I used to get nice reports (I love good UI's) on my net-banking with breakup of entire holdings including cash, FD's, RD's & MF holdings along with IRR to guage efficiency. This happened automatically as the SIP's were setup from my net-banking itself.

Due to the bill-pay method of SIP for Direct plans, this of course does not happen automatically now.
What do you use to keep such a track of your MF investments?
Old 5th February 2015, 13:27   #745
BHPian

Is Reliance Retirement Fund a good bet to look at building corpus for by the time i am 60?

Am 42 right now...experts please advise.

Let me know any other alternative medium to build a sustainable corpus, its scary the calculation (taking the inflation into account) says that I will need a INR 4 cr+ in 18 odd years from now!

Scarry stats, 4 crores kab aur kaise jama honge? :(
Old 5th February 2015, 14:06   #746
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post
What do you use to keep such a track of your MF investments?
I presently use the Moneycontrol's Portfolio management where I have replicated the SIP details. This way I know what my monthly, As on date investments are and whats the gain/loss on each such investment. You can also add stocks, gold, house investment details. Since you dont do any transaction from the site, the information is relatively safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saildrive View Post
Let me know any other alternative medium to build a sustainable corpus, its scary the calculation (taking the inflation into account) says that I will need a INR 4 cr+ in 18 odd years from now!
Its good to be scared, this way it imbibes in you the future planning. Planning for retirement does not have any age limit to start with.

Regarding the Retirement fund from Reliance, its similar to a balanced or debt fund. Since you are still in your early Forties, you can have a greater exposure to risk now than later. To start with choose a 5 star rated Diversified equity fund where equity investments are in the range of 60-80% and balance debt. As you reach the mid fifties, start the reversing the exposure with 20% to equity and balance debt. You can then opt for Systematic Withdrawal for your monthly expenses. Calculate from any finance website the amount of SIP to start the retirement corpus accumulation.

Apart from this there is National Pension Scheme (NPS) which till now hasn't been popular with the salaried people since the hassles of opening the account has put off people. Alternatively a much safer retirement investment is the PPF or your PF, the interest earned is lesser but is tax free.

There are talks that the coming budget might make provision to make the retirement investments tax free to promote savings.
Old 5th February 2015, 14:29   #747
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
I too faced some difficulty in the beginning with Franklin Templeton. But later on, they accepted my registration with NDML intermediary Kotak Securities, who is my stock broker. This is due to some issues with the unification of data base of different KRA. These FAQ will throw more light on the subject.
So I finally got to know the reason for KYC failure at MF end while CAMS shows the PAN as KYC compliant. The name in the folio doesn't match that of the PAN. Folio has only initials while PAN has the full name Need to submit a notary affidavit to correct it.

So everyone, please check and make sure the name matches exactly with PAN across all your investments.
Old 5th February 2015, 15:04   #748
Senior - BHPian

I am wondering whether ICICI Pru Value Discovery or L&T Special Situations may be better. I am planning to shift a small amount of money for my d-i-l.
Old 6th February 2015, 13:14   #749

Quote:
So I finally got to know the reason for KYC failure at MF end while CAMS shows the PAN as KYC compliant. The name in the folio doesn't match that of the PAN. Folio has only initials while PAN has the full name Need to submit a notary affidavit to correct it.

So everyone, please check and make sure the name matches exactly with PAN across all your investments.
I also use only initials for all investments. I have not faced any issues.
Old 16th February 2015, 19:19   #750
Senior - BHPian

Is there a website that contains the mutual fund related data in its raw form? I mean for all schemes in India

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks