Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2009, 15:12   #31
Senior - BHPian
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Panaji - Goa/Bangalore - Karnataka
Posts: 3,240
Thanked: 600 Times
Default

Oh brilliant every grown up adult male's dream come true.

We want pics in air and videos of take off and landing please.
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2009, 15:12   #32
BHPian
 
splitsecond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: calicut
Posts: 83
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Is there any online store in india from which we can by RC Helicopters? All indian site i have come across only have expensive units above 7k
I need to buy a 3 or 4channel RC heli which are under 3k,looking for something like "Syma S001A" or "Syma swift 002"
any links??
splitsecond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2009, 15:18   #33
Senior - BHPian
 
beejay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Nilgiris
Posts: 1,916
Thanked: 108 Times
Default

WOW. This is exciting. please shed some more info, I would like to buy one too.

How heavy is this model? Where is this made? Any warranty? Have sent you a PM. Please check your message.
beejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2009, 15:37   #34
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,240
Thanked: 225 Times
Default

Thanks folks.

The model fully loaded cost me Rs. 25k. It is a trainer model. There are other models which are capable of doing aerobatics like shoulder wing, low wingers. They would cost between Rs. 25k and Rs.35 k.

Yes you need to take training for atleast 7 weekends.

There are few outlets in bangalore - Model Art in Forum Mall and Mr. Vijay Gupta , my trainer. Indus Aviation is closed since long and were very costly at min of Rs. 40 K. They did not know anything about the models.

No warranty.

Jakkur Airport is one of the place where you can fly. They charge Rs. 1000 per year for use.

Will post pics and videos shortly.

Dwarak
dwaraka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2009, 15:38   #35
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,240
Thanked: 225 Times
Default

Here is the link for video of my r/c plane's maiden flight

dwaraka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2009, 15:55   #36
Senior - BHPian
 
Gilead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,140
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

There is a variety shop near my house that sells RC helicopters starting from 800 bucks to 3K. Chinese ones. One of the model's nose is shaped like an Eagle's face. I have always wanted to get one but my wife refuses to get me one. Maybe 'cos I bought an RC Ferrari last year for 4K and played with it for only a week before packing it away.
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2009, 18:24   #37
BHPian
 
amulu10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: detroit
Posts: 243
Thanked: 18 Times
Default

@Gilead hey where is shop.? can u post the address..?
amulu10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2009, 19:01   #38
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Moon
Posts: 70
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Congrats on your maiden flight Dwarka.

But your engine is running too rich even for break in. Its hardly giving power. Use a tachometer and keep the engine say 500rpms below maximum revs and you are good to go for the initial ten flights.

Even i am into this hooby for the last 6 years or so.. Is a wonderful hobby to have and keeps you occupied on Sundays,

For those who want to know more information about this hobby can visit Radio Control Planes, RC Planes, RC engines, RC Spares, ARFs, Aeromodeling, India . There are atleast 5-7 stores in india who deal in this hobby which is gaining popularity finally.

I am posting a few pics for you guys.

Cheers
Attached Images
   

Last edited by manyu : 24th September 2009 at 19:09.
manyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2009, 19:09   #39
Senior - BHPian
 
beejay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Nilgiris
Posts: 1,916
Thanked: 108 Times
Default

I recollect seeing an advert in the classifieds here for a RC chopper for sale. Seeing the prices mentioned here this is going for a song.

Check it out. However it looks very puny to the models pictured here. Size does matter, does it?

Last edited by beejay : 24th September 2009 at 19:12. Reason: Check it out...
beejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2009, 19:25   #40
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Moon
Posts: 70
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

The one in the red is a 50cc petrol powered Airplane.. Size does matters in this hobby at a more advanced stage.

It has a wingspan of 87 inches and a weight of about 16 pounds.

Please have a look

Last edited by manyu : 24th September 2009 at 19:33.
manyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2009, 19:46   #41
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,240
Thanked: 225 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manyu View Post
Congrats on your maiden flight Dwarka.

But your engine is running too rich even for break in. Its hardly giving power. Use a tachometer and keep the engine say 500rpms below maximum revs and you are good to go for the initial ten flights.

Even i am into this hooby for the last 6 years or so.. Is a wonderful hobby to have and keeps you occupied on Sundays,

For those who want to know more information about this hobby can visit Radio Control Planes, RC Planes, RC engines, RC Spares, ARFs, Aeromodeling, India . There are atleast 5-7 stores in india who deal in this hobby which is gaining popularity finally.

I am posting a few pics for you guys.

Cheers

Manyu,

Great to know that you are here to support me. Yes the engine is running rich. My trainer has kept it high to set the engine. Will reduce the flow of fuel and tune up in coming flights.

It is really amazing hobby. I see that you have advanced models.

My advice to all here is avoid this vendor - mpowershopping.com. He made me run around to get the right transmitter and receiver, crystals, etc., for over 1 and half a year. This vendor is from Chennai.
dwaraka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2009, 19:54   #42
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,240
Thanked: 225 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manyu View Post
The one in the red is a 50cc petrol powered Airplane.. Size does matters in this hobby at a more advanced stage.

It has a wingspan of 87 inches and a weight of about 16 pounds.

Please have a look
MAnyu,

That's a great video of model performance. Hope to be there someday.
dwaraka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2009, 20:18   #43
Senior - BHPian
 
shajufx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: BLR & Muscat
Posts: 1,576
Thanked: 270 Times
Default

Wow, nice hobby, you guys got me glued already ! I was aware of some groups gathering at Jakkur on weekends, but never found anyone who talked about it. Is there any city-wise club or group that has regular meetings or schedules ?

My co-brother has a 10 years old hobby of collecting miniatures of all kinds of flying objects (he was with Sahara, then Jet, now with the 'richest man in the world', flying him around the globe). If its good enough, I can ask him to get some similar stuff from US or wherever its available at cheap and best. He flys almost every week.
shajufx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2009, 10:26   #44
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,240
Thanked: 225 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Wow, nice hobby, you guys got me glued already ! I was aware of some groups gathering at Jakkur on weekends, but never found anyone who talked about it. Is there any city-wise club or group that has regular meetings or schedules ?

My co-brother has a 10 years old hobby of collecting miniatures of all kinds of flying objects (he was with Sahara, then Jet, now with the 'richest man in the world', flying him around the globe). If its good enough, I can ask him to get some similar stuff from US or wherever its available at cheap and best. He flys almost every week.
Shajufx,

Nice to know that people are getting interested in this hobby. I have just started getting to fly. But I find it very involving. To build the model from ARF stage will take lot of patience and study through the manuals. In USA this hobby is very popular and cheaper to get the kit.

Dwarak
dwaraka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2009, 12:01   #45
Senior - BHPian
 
hillram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 2,787
Thanked: 814 Times
Default

This is really a sport thats catching up.
We need some professional training in Hyderabad,for Aero modelling.Any cues?
hillram is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Remote controlled Auxiliary Lights: No splices, no wires, no holes triedeverything Modifications & Accessories 18 7th April 2016 10:09
BHPian HiSunil develops a remote-controlled Gurkha (AKA Tank) tsk1979 4x4 Vehicles 3 10th September 2013 12:24
Model car racing (remote-controlled) nashgold Shifting gears 3 28th May 2009 13:17
Remote controlled garage door gypsyFreak Shifting gears 2 26th August 2008 09:48


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:21.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks