Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: When?
21st April 3 18.75%
28th April 12 75.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2013, 20:54   #271
BHPian

Re: The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2

Im sure there can be only a limited amt of members. And making a grp just before the meet will be more chaotic. Or we could just update the Mumbai meet thread time and again.
Old 30th April 2013, 21:01   #272
BHPian

Re: The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2

51 members in a whatsapp group are allowed at the moment.

That may suffice for the attendance of our meet. I agree, adding up members should be a trouble for the group owner.

Nevertheless, its a great idea to always be in touch.
Old 30th April 2013, 21:20   #273
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzone View Post
Thank you Jignesh for taking up the responsibility so well and all the more patiently answering all my queries over whatsapp. It is because of you and KSM that I had a beautiful Sunday.
Hello Jigar,

Enough of Thank yous. Somebody had to do it. This time I did it.
But the satisfaction I have is everything went well, only grudge is MWZD left from Atithi hotel, as he was not updated about Parsi Da Dhaba.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
My view is that, these ideas don't stick unless there is a rhythm. Carter road daily meet happens because of that rhythm. Let's say "first Sunday of every month", "Dahisar toll naka", "7:00am". Something like that would have much higher chances of sticking.
Yes. I second that. There should be regularity in meets happening so that the rhythm sets in & our spouses also get used we going to these meets. Even if someone is not able to attend every meet, he can surely plan to attend the next meet.

Also these regular meet may not be lunch meet everytime. It can just be 3 hours meet with 50 / 60 kms of drive & 1 / 2 hours of talking.

Further my wife accompanied me during Jan 2012 (Oye Punjabi Meet) & she was very well accompanied by wives of other T-BHPians. A sort of meet like this can also be planned.

Thanks,
Old 1st May 2013, 07:32   #274
BHPian

Quote:
But all was not lost. More than 50kms in the drive, we both got our grooves back, responses quickened and steering confidence improved a few notches. Needless to say, the low-flying 328i (karan561), S4 (speedy), Evo6 (i<3turbo) and City (balenopower) were providing all the "inspiration" in terms of how to drive well even in thick traffic. While I was labouring in 3rd or 4th gear behind a slowpoke wall of trucks, the better drivers used to find a miniscule gap, move laterally and then quickly vanish in the horizon! Amazing.
Yup... its was fun doing some fast maneuvers on a fantastic tarmac roads without any potholes... i was kinda happy that my CITY was able to keep up with the 328i, the S4, and the EVO... the Vento was as usual crazily Fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adishenoy View Post

Remember the Jacket Grilled Potatoes?
Me and Swapzone had ordered it and we had to wait for a good 15 mins for the potatoes to come well dressed.
yup.. remember them very well... the guy had promised to dress them in executive jackets with the spices... but ended up serving the boiled potatoes in silver foils without any masala...

never gonna have that again!
Old 1st May 2013, 08:14   #275
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by swapszone View Post
Yup... its was fun doing some fast maneuvers on a fantastic tarmac roads without any potholes... i was kinda happy that my CITY was able to keep up with the 328i, the S4, and the EVO... the Vento was as usual crazily Fast!
Now I am confused. I was under the impression that you were the one in that FAST Vento. Yours was the black City, is it?

So whose Vento was it? I could not figure out the Spark owner BHPian as well.

Quote:
yup.. remember them very well... the guy had promised to dress them in executive jackets with the spices... but ended up serving the boiled potatoes in silver foils without any masala...

never gonna have that again!
Ha ha! Nothing beats Aalu Paratha and Lassi!

------------------------------------------------
Desmosedici, Maverick,
Waiting for your photos now.
Old 1st May 2013, 08:27   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Now I am confused. I was under the impression that you were the one in that FAST Vento. Yours was the black City, is it?

So whose Vento was it? I could not figure out the Spark owner BHPian as well.

Ha ha! Nothing beats Aalu Paratha and Lassi!

------------------------------------------------
Desmosedici, Maverick,
Waiting for your photos now.
yup... that was my city... the actual colour is Sparlking Borwn... looks like black but it sparkles in sunlight... the Vento belongs to TIGER, as we know him!
Old 1st May 2013, 10:30   #277
Senior - BHPian

Pics from my side. Had to resize them so quality would be questionable.
Attached Thumbnails
The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-dsc01130.jpg  

The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-dsc01131.jpg  

The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-dsc01132.jpg  

The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-dsc01135.jpg  

The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-dsc01136.jpg  

The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-dsc01138.jpg  

The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-dsc01142.jpg  

The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-dsc01143.jpg  

The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-dsc01145.jpg  

The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-dsc01148.jpg  

The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-dsc01149.jpg  

The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-dsc01152.jpg  

The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-dsc01153.jpg  

Old 1st May 2013, 10:31   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adishenoy View Post

You said it man! Was fun driving alongside you for quite some time, beautiful i10 and the alloys compliment it.
It was pleasure driving with you too... really impressed with your zen estillo and how you handled it.

As they say,

It doesnt matter what you drive, but how you drive it !

Last edited by dar3dev|l : 1st May 2013 at 10:33.
Old 1st May 2013, 10:47   #279
Senior - BHPian

Last few pics. Who was the CB400 rider?
Attached Thumbnails
The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-img_20130428_074514.jpg  

The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-img_20130428_120835.jpg  

The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-dsc01161.jpg  

The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-dsc01162.jpg  

The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-dsc01163.jpg  

The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-img_20130428_121451.jpg  

Old 1st May 2013, 12:28   #280
Senior - BHPian

Hello People,

Apologies for the delay in uploading the pics.Here we go, did some mild editing with MS Picture manager to crop the unnecessary stuff and re sizing them.

First up, the Group Pic:
The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-07.jpg

Traffic holding up sooo many Horses!
The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-01.jpg

The mighty EVO VI
The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-02.jpg

The Diavel and Company, notice the tiny spoiler over the tail light!
The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-03.jpg

The Dhoom Gang as they are popularly known!!
The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-04.jpg

Parked at Parsi Dhaba
The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-05.jpg

The Vento on slicks and the S4
The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-06.jpg

Much needed Shade
The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-18.jpg

Slalom Course on the Way Back!
The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-08.jpg

The 747 Clear for Take Off!
The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-09.jpg

Smiling after looking at the Eco Pro figures of 13.3 Km/l
The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-10.jpg

The two White stallions in one frame!
The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-11.jpg

The Evo breathing down on our necks
The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-19.jpg

Speedy's S4 Zooming past
The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-dsc_0357.jpg

SDP's Duma sneaking up
The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-12.jpg

Posing for Camera!
The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-14.jpg

Led by the Eco pro BMW
The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-dsc_0339.jpg

Superbee's Awesome sounding Swift
The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-dsc_0337.jpg

The bikers who braved the heat
The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-13.jpg
The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-15.jpg
The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-16.jpg
The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-17.jpg

And lastly a guy in his weekend drive while his Merc is safely parked at home
The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-dsc_0391.jpg

Hope you like the Pics!
Old 1st May 2013, 14:51   #281
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Desmosedici and Maverick5490,

Fantastic pics!

Anku's and Karan's snaps have come out really well.

Also, thanks Maverick for the only pic in which my car is in motion!

By the time I reached Parsi Da Dhaba, the Dhoom gang was about to leave. I saw the Diavel, one R1, one GXR, one BMW S1000R. Were there any more?

Last edited by SDP : 1st May 2013 at 14:53.
Old 1st May 2013, 14:58   #282
BHPian

First up, a couple of apologies from my end.

The first apology is for skipping out on lunch after the drive. An emergency back home made me rush back soon after we pulled into DD. Missed out on a lot of conversations, and a lot of questions I had planned for Desmo(Restoring the gypsy), KSM-vtec(Ladakh in a Swift with low-profile tires), Jignesh(We have interacted quite a lot online and I was looking forward to speaking to you offline as well), vvb8530...the list goes on and on.

The second apology is for posting my Drive report 3 days after the drive, sorry about that.

So, A view of the day from my Eyes -

In all the excitement of the drive, I could hardly sleep the previous night. Result, got up groggy and not properly rested at around 5. Stumble in the washroom, stand below a cold shower for 5 minutes, and things are looking a bit better. Got ready and as soon as I got out of the lift, got a call from SDP asking me where I was, as everyone had arrived. Already late, I hotfooted it to Jupiter hospital. Saw the convoy standing there and revved up a bit to acknowledge my greetings, but no reaction? I'm guessing the members thought I was some hoolingan in a loud car causing trouble. Well, quickly reach the convoy, park say 'hello' to Karan, Maverick, Aditya and Arun, say 'Whatsup!' to Varun . SDP smiles after emerging from his Duma and soon after Latentpotential joins in with his Ertiga ( Or was he already there, sorry can't remember the details too accurately as I was a little sleep deprived ). Couple of minutes of wait, and we move off to Dahisar naka.

A little mix up at which side of the toll we are supposed to wait at, and we ( me, maverick, powertrain, cartman, adishenoy and latentpotential) wait up a little distance before the naka, while SDP and Karan are at the naka coordinating with Jignesh and Powertrain. In the meanwhile I get a demo of the sweet sounding Estilo ICE as well. Soon after that, we see ( or rather, hear ) some screaming superbikes zoom past, while powertrain gets a call from SDP that the convoy has moved. Jump in car, see the deliciously sounding Evo go past, fire up my engine and set up pursuit. The convoy stops after a little while, I walk upto the Evo, see 1<3turbo and tell him he has an amazing vehicle. Say Hi to speedy, while I see Jignesh and Mohan ( Red Swift) coming up and Jignesh gesturing everyone to move on. People are still greeting each other hence no one is moving. Soon after a cop comes and tells us to move on. Now people start moving, a spirited drive, lots of trucks and errant indica's damping some of the enthusiasm, and we stop again at the side on the highway, far away from tollbooths and cops . Say hi to some BHPians we meet, trying to remember names, again go towards the idling Evo with the amazing exhaust note. Some chit chat later, we zoom off again.

Here I would like to apologise to the gentlemen in the Grey Civic(mwzd?). Since your car was not stickered I assumed you were a non bhpian trying to get in my way unnecessarily and I tried to cut you off at one point. Sorry about that.

Before the next toll booth ( the non-functional one), SDP gestured to take a U turn. We turned and stopped then have no idea why we stopped. Soon after, Jignesh informs us we have to go the same way. U turn again and it's back to easy triple digits. Overshot Atithi, came back while everyone was leaving from there towards Parsi ka Dhaba.

Again start moving, back to triple digits ( A swift really comes into it's own on the highways with early morning cool air ), and we reach the Pink signboard which says Parsi ka Dhaba. U-Turn, Park and get out to see the superbikes already starting their return journey. They did a fly by after which we sat down for a breakfast of lassis and parathas. The masala jacket potatoes are a story on their own, with swapszone calling the server back to explain the poorly fitting Jackets and the lack of "masala".

Was sitting with Karan561, harishv, cartman, i<3turbo, adishenoy and swapszone, discussing everything from Audi S4's to Galaxy S4's to swapszone's "stock" Honda to second hand beemers for sale. The group pic after the relaxed breakfast, and we left soon for the return journey to DD.

The morning drive was good, but not satisfying with the amount of truck traffic, and my foot was in sport+ mode for the return journey. saw some cars standing just after the bridge before GB Road turn, stopped where Karan took a pic and we waited for the rest of the gang to join in. Met up, said goodbye to Karan, drove towards DD to meet up with the lunch group. Interacted a little bit with some BHPians but had to leave early. Said my goodbyes to Varun(Powertrain), called up SDP to apologise for leaving early and left for thane.

@Jignesh and KSM-Vtec - You must probably be getting tired of all the thank you's by now but here is one more from my end. Thank you for initiating and coordinating the whole thing, my car got a chance to strech her legs after a long time, please accept a thank you from her as well.

@SDP - The Duma is fast and how! Everytime I slipped through the small gaps in traffic and gunned it, I could see the red XUV chasing me down. Also, beautiful pics taken by both you and Dhruv, the Swift pic is going up as my cover. Can you send me all the hi-res pics you were able to take of my car ?

@adishenoy and cartman - was really great meeting you guys, thanks for the ICE demo, will check up with ramie what can be done to my car. Let me know once you go to get the end can changed for your car. And do keep in touch.

@harishv - was nice meeting you, thanks for the bottle of water

@Powertrain - so we meet again, the SX4 looks good, but do look at the possibility of changing back to the old style 5 spoke alloys(and get them painted matt black if you can), they will look fab on your car.

Was great meeting bhpians i<3turbo, Karan561, swapszone, Speedy, Maverick5490, Dar3devil, balenopower, Latentpotential, Jignesh, Ghodlur ( we interacted for a bit before I left I think). Apologies if I missed out on some names, the exciting drive has given me a short term memory loss I think.

Also, before I forget, a big thank you for the pics SDP, Karan561, Mohan Mathew A, Urja, Ghodlur, Maverick5490 and Desmosedici. In case you have any unprocessed pics of my car which didn't make it to this thread, would love to have them.

We should do this drive routine more often, I know the SUV's will come out to play in the monsoons, but we can do an Malshej Ghat drive around that time as well, beautiful beautiful roads, and a dream to drive on if going early in the morning.

If not drive, I would love to meet ( atleast) the Thane BHPians I missed out meeting at the DD lunch. What would be the general reaction of Thane public if I propose a small Mini Thane meet, like breakfast at Mamledar's on a Sunday or something ?? We can plan something if we get some responses.

Regards,
SuperBee

Last edited by moralfibre : 2nd May 2013 at 06:47. Reason: Only two smilies per post please. Thanks!
Old 1st May 2013, 15:54   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBee View Post
First up, a couple of apologies from my end.

If not drive, I would love to meet ( atleast) the Thane BHPians I missed out meeting at the DD lunch. What would be the general reaction of Thane public if I propose a small Mini Thane meet, like breakfast at Mamledar's on a Sunday or something ?? We can plan something if we get some responses.

Regards,
SuperBee
I don't mind driving down from Powai for Mamledar's. Love that place.
Old 1st May 2013, 16:01   #284
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Also, before I forget, a big thank you for the pics SDP, Karan561, Mohan Mathew A, Urja, Ghodlur, Maverick5490 and Desmosedici. In case you have any unprocessed pics of my car which didn't make it to this thread, would love to have them.
Here are 4 more pics: 2 for you and 2 for balenopower+Urja!
The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-dsc_0060.jpg

The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-dsc_0074.jpg

The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-dsc_0066.jpg

The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-dsc_0067.jpg

Quote:
Can you send me all the hi-res pics you were able to take of my car ?
No probs. Would send them to your email id before the weekend.
Old 1st May 2013, 16:08   #285
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Missed out on a lot of conversations, and a lot of questions I had planned for Desmo(Restoring the gypsy), KSM-vtec(Ladakh in a Swift with low-profile tires),
Regards,
SuperBee
Hi Superbee,

Firstly i am not restoring the Gypsy but you are welcome to come with your questions. For Gypsy restorations, KSM-Vtec is the guy to go to. He has done 2 restorations.

Secondly, the FFE on the Swift was nice, not too loud but also making its presence felt. From who did you get it done from.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks