Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2009, 12:23   #586

Congrats ScorpWarp! Now I am more eager to learn what else has changed in the latest model. Pls post details of any accessories you may have added. I am booking mine tomorrow.
Old 29th September 2009, 13:36   #587
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Amazing look of the new instrument panel. ...
But where are the speedo mph markings?! I liked those!
Old 29th September 2009, 13:36   #588
BHPian

Congratulations on your purchase. Expecting a detailed review of your buying experience and more and more pics.
Old 29th September 2009, 15:48   #589
BHPian

Hi All,
I would post more pictures tonight - on the pictures thread. Don't want to hijack this thread.
Regards.
Old 29th September 2009, 16:28   #590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styler View Post
The belt in stock at the *** is another brand, and they are quoting Rs 1000 + Service Charges for it.
I guess the price quoted is fine. I had the fan belt replaced on my qualis twice and the first time they charged around 3k (it had two parallel belts). There are several brands but the best are by the Japanese (like Mitsubishi).
Old 29th September 2009, 16:38   #591
Senior - BHPian

Bridgestone HT Dueler tyres are ANY DAY better than JK Elanzo

Ref the tyre tronics - this facility should work properly regardless of what tyres you fix. I believe the problem you are seeing is due to the electronics and the settings - there is no question of any driving around and re-calibration after 100 km etc - the vehicle should be in tip top condition when you take delivery. It is the dealer's job to ensure the vehicle is delivered 100% in working order else dont sign the dealer discharge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpWarp View Post
Friends,

I am getting delivery of my Scorpio tomorrow.

I had asked for Bridgestone tyres, the car came with JK so insisted them to change. They changed all 4 wheels to Bridgestone and that is when the problem started.
===========
So am I being taken for a ride by the dealer ? Is it big enough reson not to take the delivery tomorrow? Can it fixed easily later? Please advice as soon as possible, I need to decide before noon tomorrow (Dasssera)?

Thanks in advace.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 20th February 2019 at 19:11. Reason: trimmed quoted post
Old 29th September 2009, 22:48   #592
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Bridgestone HT Dueler tyres are ANY DAY better than JK Elanzo

Ref the tyre tronics - this facility should work properly regardless of what tyres you fix. I believe the problem you are seeing is due to the electronics and the settings - there is no question of any driving around and re-calibration after 100 km etc - the vehicle should be in tip top condition when you take delivery. It is the dealer's job to ensure the vehicle is delivered 100% in working order else dont sign the dealer discharge!
Hi Shankar - what you wrote is correct even I did not believe that 100 km running in thing. I got my hands on the manual today. Probably when they changed the tyres they did not acknowledge the new tyres during the calibration process. I am going to try that tomorrow - just a matter of pressing the Mode switch 4 times and then acknowledging if the display shows correct pressure. Not sure if they forgot to do this or the problem lies with the way sensors are fitted.

I have already taken the delivery on Dassera so a bt late now but have not yet sent those feedback forms to mahindra. Holding on to them unless they fix tyre tronics.

Also, the cabing light does not work in auto mode - does not come up when the doors are open. Another issue to followup.
Old 30th September 2009, 08:06   #593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
OH MY GOD!!!! I've been had! Cheated! Ransacked! Sideswiped! Conned! What the hell is wrong with Mahindra?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmogral View Post
Congrats ScorpWarp! Now I am more eager to learn what else has changed in the latest model. Pls post details of any accessories you may have added. I am booking mine tomorrow.
Red Liner: Not sure how the old console looked but this one does look good. BUT there is no indication for cruise control ? Not sure why those designers did not feel the need for cruise indicator?

NMorgal : More pics on the pictures thread, page 116. Link below.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...r-suv-116.html
Old 30th September 2009, 09:55   #594
BHPian

some minor issues with my scorpio vlx refresh

It's been a month and 1700 kms since i took the delivery of our new Scorpio mHawk vLx Refresh, replacing the old work horse, 2.6 turbo scorpio. The new engine feels silky smooth compared to the 2.6 turbo one. Here are a few issues we faced

1) The clutch setting: No matter how we drive, both me and my dad feels this clutch setting in the new one is not up to the mark. We feel the clutch is far too low. On steep inclines, the vehicle tends to stall, unlike our good ol scorpio, which never had this issue in its 1.2 lakh kms of relationship with us. I took it to the *** twice, they checked it and told that the clutch is fine and there can be slight difference in the power delivery b/w the non crde 2.6 and the new 2.2. But i'm still skeptical.

2) This story seems funny but its true. i'd parked my scorpio beside a road and was sitting in it. A passerby pedestrian walked by and touched his shoulder with the right OVRM slightly, and thud!! the entire mirror just came off!!!! there is supposed to be a backward motion for the mirror ( the new one in refresh) but it just did not happen, rather it just came off. i plastered it and took it to the ***. They checked it and told that the inner something is broken and the entire set need to be replaced for 2k!!!!!!! I never knew that for a vehicle that is supposed to do off roading, the mirrors were such a delicate thing!!!! Can this be some manufacturing defect? Do I have to pay for it? The worst part is that they are out of stock, so i still drive around with it plastered.. Like my scorpio had a finger fracture!!!!

3) The new design attracts dirt and water into the fog lamps, I can see water droplets in it. The people at *** promised me to replace it free of cost, but they are out of stock for a month now

Apart from these issues, its a heaven on wheels !!!
Old 30th September 2009, 17:17   #595
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingaboysr View Post
It's been a month and 1700 kms since i took the delivery of our new Scorpio mHawk vLx Refresh, replacing the old work horse, 2.6 turbo scorpio. The new engine feels silky smooth compared to the 2.6 turbo one. Here are a few issues we faced
the clutch problem should not be there. try a different A.S.S.

the mirror thing is indeed strange. the mirror in my car has been brushed by an auto & a bus, it still stands intact. so i think its a manufacturing defect.

regarding dirt in fog lamps, since its a common issue, i think nothing much can be done about it.
Old 30th September 2009, 17:18   #596
BHPian

All, in the post above, *** means A.S.S I missed the "." and it got replaced with ***
Old 30th September 2009, 19:04   #597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
the mirror thing is indeed strange. the mirror in my car has been brushed by an auto & a bus, it still stands intact. so i think its a manufacturing defect.
I should tell you that the hit was towards the front side, not the usual thing when you drive and brush past vehicles.
But the new type OVRMs have one step forward ( Towards the front ) from the normal position.
Old 2nd October 2009, 22:37   #598
BHPian

Hi All,
Has anyone found the sterring wheel on new Scorpio a bit slippery, does not offer adequae grip ? that plastic cladding on the steering wheel is bit hard. I find the wheel a bit chunky and adding leather cover around it would make it too fat. Can the hard plastic cladding around the steering wheel rim be removed and leather cladding added?
Thanks for your help.
Old 2nd October 2009, 22:47   #599
Senior - BHPian

During my recent trip to Ladakh, my non-crde had the following problems:

- Broke my Leaf Spring No 3 on the LHS in the bad roads of Zanskar/Suru Valleys
- Balancing road (LHS) came off totally (both bush and nuts unwound)
- Link Road rubbers got worn out and had to be changed

The good things were:
- No fall in pick up or acceleration
- Effortless climbing in all the high passes: I did all the valleys, including Nubra, Zanskar and Spiti
- Thick black smoke on climbs
- Normal mileage of 10+ kmpl

I changed the leaf spring and fixed the balancing rod at a small workshop behind Sonam Motors (who stocks Mahindra spares) and the remaining work I did at the Maruti service centre (also the M&M service centre) in Leh.

My car has clocked over 2,09,000 kms.
Old 3rd October 2009, 02:48   #600
Senior - BHPian

Hi Kumar,

Nice to see your trip update...as always!

One thing I find strange is the entire balancing rod coming off? Shouldn't that be the case!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks