Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2012, 17:38   #871
BHPian

re: Tata Safari Storme : Test Drive and Review. More pics: pg 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post

How many drive Alto K10? How new is it?
ya but then im not being asked to shell out 11 lakhs for an alto k10 am i ?

Last edited by khan_sultan : 17th October 2012 at 17:45. Reason: fixed quotes
Old 17th October 2012, 17:49   #872
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksingh544 View Post
ya but then im not being asked to shell out 11 lakhs for an alto k10 am i ?
My friend, all I am saying is this looks far better than what I drive. Current odo is at 1,06000 kms, in 4 years and I live without warranty! I have confidence that this is a much better product and is worth the extra money compared to Duster/Scorpio.
jkdas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th October 2012, 17:52   #873
BHPian

Quote:
My friend, all I am saying is this looks far better than what I drive. Current odo is at 1,06000 kms, in 4 years and I live without warranty! I have confidence that this is a much better product and is worth the extra money compared to Duster/Scorpio.
point taken JK funnily enough we are on the same side of the debate, i think the pricing is decent because its undercutting the XUV market while keeping a premium image over the scorpio. ( i have a 4 year old 2.6 Scorp btw).

my only point was that dont put it in the customer face that for 14 years they are looking & paying for the same design. highlight other factors rather than the shape
Old 17th October 2012, 17:55   #874
BHPian

The Tata Safari Storme looks classy and the fit and finish seems to be miles ahead of the existing Safari. The initial drive reports suggests that the Ride,Handling and Safety is much improved over the existing model. Considering these factors the premium demanded for the Storme seems justified.

If i was looking to buy Tata Safari, i would not dismiss the Storme based on the pricing alone.
kaushikr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2012, 17:57   #875
BHPian

I think the storme pricing is justified specially all the changes in underpinning, steering system etc. If one look at the tope end model, the price remains the same (no price hike for all these improvements). For the lower model, they provided extra safety features and that do the justice. However looking at the pricing strategy it seems current safari is targeted for lower models (LX/EX) and Storme is for higher models (VX etc).
I sold my safari this year primarily because of lack of service and i was out of warranty. If TATA improves on the after sales support and service, I will definitely consider buying another safari(storme). But that's a wait and watch since the new head has promised improvement in next 1 year
Old 17th October 2012, 18:03   #876
BHPian

Quote:

Yup late but they made it. XUV should be compared to Aria. Duster/Scorpio with Safari. And I presume you have driven the old gen and new Safari to comment so.

Disc on all 4 will help. If my current Safari had this, man!
I have driven my friend's Safari. My Dream. Even I am a die hard of Tata Safari. What I meant to say they could have done even better. I am not comparing strome to XUV, what I am telling is that if Mahindra can do a XUV 500 why not TATA since they already had the Aria as Base. Plonk a low ratio 4x4, some butch SUV Styling, Rear Door Mounted Spare Wheel. Tata missed the Plot.
Old 17th October 2012, 18:03   #877
BHPian

Storme Ex = Safari Ex + cost of new engineering(chassis, hadling, refreshed interiors etc..) + ABS&EBD + All Discs - anti glare rear view.

cost of new engg.+ ABS&EBD + All Discs - anti glare rear view = (10.77) - (9.92) (Ex. showroom delhi) = Rs.85,000

When we apply this differential to the price of Safari Lx version,
Storme Lx = Safari Lx + 85,000 = 8.28 + .85 = 9.13 Lakhs, Note that Storme Lx does not have rear washer and arm rests that Safari Lx had. So the price of Storme Lx could have been ~ 9L instead of 9.95L.

But here comes the shocker, if Storme Lx was placed at 9L, then why is Storme Ex costing 10.77 Lakhs just for the roof mounted a/c, rear washer, arm rests, fog lamps?

This could be because that SAFARI Ex is not VFM and will not give a true picture of costing when compared.

Confusing? If a customer visits the TATA showroom and wants to make a decision based on VFM, feature analysis etc., he will be as confused as me (That is so true with their other products as well. I can't recollect how many variants of Indica they have). Wait a minute, why am i doing a VFM analysis in a safari thread? SAFARI is not a vehicle that is bought with the head, but she is married with the heart. So a safari guy visiting the showroom will get a variant that is within his budget. No analysis done whatsoever.

PS: If i were to guesstimate the prices, i think they could have been cheaper by some 40k variant by variant.
pedalpoint is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2012, 18:05   #878
BHPian

looks tempting, would have really loved a LXa Version with 4x4..

Waiting for t-bhp review
Old 17th October 2012, 18:09   #879
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarvodaya View Post
I have driven my friend's Safari. My Dream. Even I am a die hard of Tata Safari. What I meant to say they could have done even better. I am not comparing strome to XUV, what I am telling is that if Mahindra can do a XUV 500 why not TATA since they already had the Aria as Base. Plonk a low ratio 4x4, some butch SUV Styling, Rear Door Mounted Spare Wheel. Tata missed the Plot.
Get the old Safari :P
And the XUV issues page worries me. Hope we dont see one like that for Storme.

And like aditya said, they should have given 4x4 on LX! Donno why they dont want to have a good sales figure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityasiera View Post
looks tempting, would have really loved a LXa Version with 4x4..

Waiting for t-bhp review
Old 17th October 2012, 18:21   #880
BHPian

The pricing ain't so bad! Yeah, I would have loved it be lesser but then who doesn't want to have things for free. Slightly , I remember when I bought my Bullet 5-6 years back, all my friend circle and most in the family were dead against it. It was a heart decision then; now everyone admires and aspires to have a bullet in their stable.

Heck, the same with Storme and Dicor. It will always be a heart decision. If one wants to do value shopping, there are n number of options available in the market. For me, I wouldn't even do a comparative test drive. It will always be a Safari and pretty soon at that
ambujlal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th October 2012, 18:34   #881
Senior - BHPian

I frankly do not understand the hue and cry over the pricing. To me, pricing looks decent enough. I'm just hoping that Storme will be free of niggles.

It seems that people expected Scorpio-like prices and XUV-like features for the Storme. The VFM champion Mahindra themselves did not provide that combination. So there..

Last edited by StarrySky : 17th October 2012 at 18:36.
StarrySky is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th October 2012, 18:58   #882
BHPian

Excellent Pricing Strategy by Tata. Absolutely love it! They have a new customer and hope they provide me with one very soon!

This is a true enthusiasts SUV that floors everything else in the price bracket and has just got even better, more refined, and at a very good price.

Just by looking at prices, I think VX makes the best sense while the current gen LX/EX should suffice followers with limited budget.

Storme LX, which seems to the centre of much debate since announcement of pricing, couldn't have been priced any lower IMHO. Current EX is still solid with buyer's across the nation and is also the vehicle of choice for Government and any undercutting of this model with Storme LX would cause much problem for Tata. Also, these are just so different vehicles that can only be experienced in real life more than on paper. Believe me! I own a Safari and will any day change it for Storme, In fact I will as soon as Tata lets me!!!

At the same time, without going into any differential analysis, put the two vehicles side by side and think if the price is justified, it is fully justified for me but if it is not for you, The current gen EX/LX are still available.
akhilesh51 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th October 2012, 19:10   #883
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
I frankly do not understand the hue and cry over the pricing. To me, pricing looks decent enough. I'm just hoping that Storme will be free of niggles.

It seems that people expected Scorpio-like prices and XUV-like features for the Storme. The VFM champion Mahindra themselves did not provide that combination. So there..
+1 to that. We cannot get everything in one vehicle and one vehicle cannot please everyone!

Just thinking of what this launch means for existing Safari. I think a lot of people on threshold will move to buy the old Safari if there is any price cut (already starting to see more Safari LX variants due to discounts - dont know what the sales figures say though) while some will definitely look at Storme. I dont know how many people will want to and how many dealers will be able to provide a test drive on both models so old model still holds its charm for someone just looking at them standing side by side. Safari LX at ~8L on road is still a very good proposition in my opinion.

Tata are trying to do a Ajay Devgan - riding on two bikes / cars / horses! We all know what happens if one horse decides to kick off and the other one gets sleepy..
Old 17th October 2012, 19:11   #884
Senior - BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Personal attacks on fellow BHPians are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. All members are part of the Team-BHP family and any discriminating or derogatory comment is uncalled for.

Last edited by .anshuman : 18th October 2012 at 01:27. Reason: See note in post
Old 17th October 2012, 19:20   #885
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Prices have come out and its quite subjective. Considering the increase in sales of cars 15L+ i THINK Storme might do decent. 13.67 ex showroom means we can consider around 15.5L on road price.

And with the new improved turning radius & offering safety features in base LX variant too will attract a lot of buyers. One thing that I didn't like was 4x4 only in VX. Come on TATA, you could have done better; but i think they didn't want in house competition.

Lets hope the TD / Demo cars reach the dealers soon.

Also, whats with the Launch / speaker & event planning? samsung S3 launch was better laid and planned than this.

Regards,
I was at galaxy motors Mumbai today servicing my gx. As per advisor storme will be available at dealership only post divali. Tata is concentrating on north markets, their traditional stronghold before opening sales down south. As per advisor who has been trained on the storme it is the best of old safari and aria..a def buy
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks