Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2012, 08:31   #1666
BHPian
 
harryskt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 63
Thanked: 20 Times
Exclamation re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhatmilan View Post

I had gone for TD on Sunday. Dakshin Honda has Red and Silve color Jazz ready for delivery. When I asked for black color, SA said 3 months (which is obviously unrealistic).

Surprisingly, I have been getting follow up calls to check whether I'm still interested in Jazz :-) Petrol price hike could be the main reason.
Prabath & everyone, the test drive Jazz that Dakshin has is more than 2 yr old, and its very badly maintained. I've tried it. And also, I've had a bad experience with them, due to which I ended up canceling my booking.
I got my Black Jazz SMT variant (with Michelin tires) delivered in 2 weeks, from Magnum.
So I strongly recommend that you check with Magnum too.
If you need more information, pls PM me.
harryskt is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2012, 09:09   #1667
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 21
Thanked: 2 Times
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryskt View Post
Prabath & everyone, the test drive Jazz that Dakshin has is more than 2 yr old, and its very badly maintained. I've tried it. And also, I've had a bad experience with them, due to which I ended up canceling my booking.
I got my Black Jazz SMT variant (with Michelin tires) delivered in 2 weeks, from Magnum.
So I strongly recommend that you check with Magnum too.
If you need more information, pls PM me.
Dakshin Honda lacks professionalism. Infact they quoted a price whihc was 4k higher than what Whitefield Honda quoted for the same model.

The TD vehicle which I drove had 27k + on odo.

I waited for this car for so long and considering the petrol price hike it has become a luxury again
prabhatmilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2012, 10:09   #1668
BHPian
 
harryskt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 63
Thanked: 20 Times
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhatmilan

I waited for this car for so long and considering the petrol price hike it has become a luxury again
Fuel prices are always going to go up; it will happen to diesel too. For me, price of fuel has never been the primary deciding factor for buying a car. Jazz is my first car, and I am not filthy rich too. In this case, I looked at the whole package in consideration - build quality, brand value, after sales service, reviews, value for money, features being offered, reliability, maintenance, looks, practicality, interior space, etc. And for me, Jazz was the best in all these aspects, except for the out of the box features, which the new i20 is slightly ahead in. I've used my Jazz for a week now, and I am loving every minute of it.
But as they say, there is a reason why iPhone sells more and has been a revolution, even if some of its competitors off late have been offering more features (necessity of those is debatable) for the same price.
Btw, I use an iPhone.
(This is my personal opinion. i20 is a great car too. )

Last edited by harryskt : 31st May 2012 at 10:18.
harryskt is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2012, 12:31   #1669
Senior - BHPian
 
selfdrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,698
Thanked: 2,113 Times
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhatmilan View Post
I waited for this car for so long and considering the petrol price hike it has become a luxury again
Perhaps it has. But believe me the entire package on offer is totally worth it

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryskt View Post
And for me, Jazz was the best in all these aspects, except for the out of the box features, which the new i20 is slightly ahead in. I've used my Jazz for a week now, and I am loving every minute of it. (This is my personal opinion. i20 is a great car too. )
Well said, but in my personal opinion the Jazz and i20 are not comparable though they may be in the same price segment.
During my purchase, I found the Jazz to be a much safer car than the i20. Also the space on offer and the sedan like ride make the Jazz more comparable to cars that are a segment above. I did not find this to be the case with i20. Only my opinion. Could be biased because I own a Jazz. But then I bough the Jazz because I had this opinion. chicken or egg first?
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2012, 13:15   #1670
BHPian
 
harryskt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 63
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive

Well said, but in my personal opinion the Jazz and i20 are not comparable though they may be in the same price segment.
During my purchase, I found the Jazz to be a much safer car than the i20. Also the space on offer and the sedan like ride make the Jazz more comparable to cars that are a segment above. I did not find this to be the case with i20. Only my opinion. Could be biased because I own a Jazz. But then I bough the Jazz because I had this opinion. chicken or egg first?
True, I also felt the same, especially about space and comfort in Jazz. Last night I took a close of friend of mine for a ride. He owns a Verna and has also driven other cars. He said "the Jazz is like a slightly smaller Innova" when it comes to space and the AC cools the cabin more uniformly than his Verna. He drove it like a sports car (I was scared though); he then said it has great pickup too, contrary to what I thought and what I have read in reviews. But I think it's because he was revving it hard, even in first and second gears.
I am very happy with his comments (he has been driving for years) and after I saw the car picking up so fast in initial gears (I am not a perfect driver yet and I haven't revved it so hard yet).
harryskt is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2012, 14:13   #1671
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Pune
Posts: 42
Thanked: 7 Times
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryskt View Post
Jazz is my first car, and I am not filthy rich too. But as they say, there is a reason why iPhone sells more and has been a revolution, even if some of its competitors off late have been offering more features (necessity of those is debatable) for the same price.
Couldn't have agreed more. Your post beats all the naysayers.

I'm almost decided on this car. But the confusion is between the three models. Hopefully, i'll go for the base model (giving alloy wheels a miss). Deccan Honda in Pune is not offering any discount. May be some accessories thrown in here and there. I'll keep you guys posted.
abhi8195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2012, 15:30   #1672
Senior - BHPian
 
selfdrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,698
Thanked: 2,113 Times
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi8195 View Post
I'm almost decided on this car. But the confusion is between the three models. Hopefully, i'll go for the base model (giving alloy wheels a miss). Deccan Honda in Pune is not offering any discount. May be some accessories thrown in here and there. I'll keep you guys posted.
Good decision! You can anywayswitch to alloys later too.
Let me know if you need anything. There are a few Jazz owners around these parts
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2012, 15:38   #1673
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 56
Thanked: 23 Times
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

I have owned a Jazz for the last 5 days () and the folks back home have an i20 too. The feeling of spaciousness and the smoothness of driving in the Jazz is way better than the i20, in my humble opinion (am I allowed to use IMHO on team-bhp?). The i20 is a fairly good car and a very plush option amongst the hatchbacks available to us this side of 10L, but the Jazz is what feels more airy, more comfortable (lovely seats), and the fit and finish appear to be a grade above the rest!
adroit_91 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2012, 15:54   #1674
BHPian
 
harryskt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 63
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi8195

But the confusion is between the three models. Hopefully, i'll go for the base model
I also wanted the base model, and a Black one. But the waiting period was more than 3 months here. So I chose the middle variant, and I got it in 2 weeks, that too a black one with Michelins.
For 30,000 more than the base, I got Honda alloys, rear reclining seats, etc, and I think it's worth it. Especially because I get to drive my first car 3 months earlier, that too one with more features. :-)

But if you are getting the base variant within the same time, go for base; it is the best value for your money.

Last edited by harryskt : 31st May 2012 at 15:56.
harryskt is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2012, 16:24   #1675
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Haridwar
Posts: 61
Thanked: 17 Times
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Hi everyone,

My first post to this thread... I booked a Jazz-XMT on 11th May 2012, and was given a delivery period of 1 month. And surprize - on 13th May, got a call from Divine Honda Roorkee, that there has been a cancellation and would I like to take delivery? Couldn't have asked for anything better!!!

So on 14th of May, my silver beauty came home, and am thoroughly loving it. Great pickup, nice handling and a smooth drive - add to it some real jazzy looks, lots of space and an exceptionally great sounding OEM audio - all the ingredients to make it the best hatch in town...

So here are some pics of day one. Will share more once I get the sporty grill and the spoiler.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz-dsc07088.jpg  

Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz-dsc07098.jpg  

rock22 is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2012, 17:31   #1676
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 352
Thanked: 80 Times
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

is there any hope of the Jazz being launched with the 1.5L i-vtec engine and with AT/Paddle Shifts ?
rana_kirti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2012, 17:39   #1677
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,007
Thanked: 229 Times
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_kirti View Post
is there any hope of the Jazz being launched with the 1.5L i-vtec engine and with AT/Paddle Shifts ?
Don't we all wish....? But then the pricing would be quite high as it would go into higher excise bracket, and would you pay for 1.5L AT Jazz at higher price of MT City? As it is it seems they are making loss on Jazz at this price point, they are not promoting it much at all.
sandeep108 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2012, 18:55   #1678
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pune, Melbourne
Posts: 637
Thanked: 383 Times
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock22 View Post
Hi everyone,

My first post to this thread... I booked a Jazz-XMT on 11th May 2012, and was given a delivery period of 1 month. And surprize - on 13th May, got a call from Divine Honda Roorkee, that there has been a cancellation and would I like to take delivery? Couldn't have asked for anything better!!!

So on 14th of May, my silver beauty came home, and am thoroughly loving it. Great pickup, nice handling and a smooth drive - add to it some real jazzy looks, lots of space and an exceptionally great sounding OEM audio - all the ingredients to make it the best hatch in town...

So here are some pics of day one. Will share more once I get the sporty grill and the spoiler.
Congratulations Rock! She is hot and those smoked wheels look classy.
Looks like Honda has started shipping Jazz in good numbers.
Happy mile crunching.
C300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2012, 17:59   #1679
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 352
Thanked: 80 Times
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep108 View Post
Don't we all wish....? But then the pricing would be quite high as it would go into higher excise bracket, and would you pay for 1.5L AT Jazz at higher price of MT City? As it is it seems they are making loss on Jazz at this price point, they are not promoting it much at all.
yes i'd pay & and i'm sure a few others would too, but i'm sure it'll be a minority group. some people just want a small performance car
rana_kirti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2012, 18:07   #1680
Senior - BHPian
 
mail4ajo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 1,834
Thanked: 222 Times
Default re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Guys, what difference are you seeing on the dashboard fuel efficiency figures compared to actuals?

I see a variation of 1 - 1.5km.
mail4ajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen) JayPrashanth The Indian Car Scene 1642 8th July 2015 14:03
Honda issues recall for faulty power window switch on 2nd-Gen City Achyuth Vaibhav The Indian Car Scene 13 3rd July 2013 09:46
Honda to raise car prices, and Jazz launch soon. EDIT : Jazz spotted testing on pg.14 GeekSrik The Indian Car Scene 463 9th March 2010 11:17
Honda/Toyota cars considered very boring by 2nd Gen NRI kids? pgsagar The International Automotive Scene 23 6th February 2010 21:11


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 06:51.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks