Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2009, 22:28   #361
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar7 View Post
Today morning after parking the car in office the engine was on for a minute (diesel logic) + the blower + headlamp. After one minute I turned off the engine (blower was still on + headlamp was also ON I believe) and opened the driver door and in few minute I heard Beep..Beep sound coming from dashboard.
If you have switched the car off (engine off) with headlight or even park light on, this beep comes. But ideally it should go if you close the door.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
That's too bad of you unni. Lot of us in the forum like chilled sode/mineral water and do have business reasons to travel to BLR
OSS, what business reasons, why business reasons!! Just drive over. We'll have enough (and more if required) of soda/mineral water. Or one of these boring weekends, I'll drive over.
Old 19th November 2009, 23:30   #362
BHPian

Am relaxed to know that its feature and not an issue with my machine
The feature to inform driver that headlamp is ON is good which can save battery from getting drained.
Old 20th November 2009, 00:44   #363
BHPian

what is a chilled soda? Is it regular soda or different soda? Is this chilled soda need to drunk seperately or something should be mixed to it?
Old 20th November 2009, 09:55   #364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonraker View Post
Global Opening (One touch rolldown) - Tested in 1.6ZXI and it failed. No Change in window operation
Antihijack feature (Autoclosing) - Yet to Test
1. Turn on ignition until the dash lights come on but don't start engine!
2. Lock the door using the lever on the door handle and then unlock 3 Times
3. Turn off ignition
4. Repeat 2 but with ignition OFF
5. Turn on ignition - should hear a beep
6. Lock door again as in 2 BUT ONLY ONCE - final beep should be heard
7. Done!
Doors should now lock at around 5mph. including reverse!!!
Can someone explain what is 2 stage locking/ unlocking? please let me know if my thoughts are inline with the 2 stage concept.
Press the unlock button once to open the driver side door, press it again to open other doors. Press the lock button once to lock driver side door and press it again to lock all doors. Is this the concept?
+

Good experimentation and good result.
but be careful-when you activate autolock, sometime not only it works on running at certain speed (like you said, once you cross 5kmph), but there can be a time limit too. In my previous car, just start the engine and be on idle without moving the car and the doors will be locked in 3 minutes time. What happend, you start the engine-suddenly you forgot something and came out of the car,close the door. when you come back after 3 minutes, you will see that doors locked with engine on and the key inside - dangerous, isn't it?
Old 20th November 2009, 11:28   #365
BHPian

Quote:
what is a chilled soda? Is it regular soda or different soda? Is this chilled soda need to drunk seperately or something should be mixed to it?
Well, its regular soda thats chilled. You can mix something with it, to give it a flavor. For example, some lemon, sugar/salt will make it taste better
Old 20th November 2009, 12:00   #366
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Am relaxed to know that its feature and not an issue with my machine. The feature to inform driver that headlamp is ON is good which can save battery from getting drained.
So sad Kumar, I was highly elevated with the thought that you have found some hidden features of our beauty ! Why dont you continue to fiddle with the settings and see if there is a 'supersonic engine activation' possible with some combination buttons !

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
Well, its regular soda thats chilled. You can mix something with it, to give it a flavor. For example, some lemon, sugar/salt will make it taste better
In Kerala people also slice some green chilli into it, so that you get a slightly burning flavour too which is very good for digestion.

Are we changing the thread title to "All Soda drinkers, You are Here"..LOL
Old 20th November 2009, 12:54   #367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Am relaxed to know that its feature and not an issue with my machine
The feature to inform driver that headlamp is ON is good which can save battery from getting drained.
I'd touched upon this point in my long-term review. I'd mentioned that there are some features that are not even mentioned in the manual.

I will try the auto-lock stuff, but are you guys sure that applies to the Indian version?
Old 20th November 2009, 12:59   #368
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I'd touched upon this point in my long-term review. I'd mentioned that there are some features that are not even mentioned in the manual.

I will try the auto-lock stuff, but are you guys sure that applies to the Indian version?
++
@moonraker checked in his 1.6 ZXi variant and found that the autolack can be activated (and givene the way how it can be operated). Not sure anyone else tried this?
Old 21st November 2009, 03:20   #369
BHPian

@nairrk: I have not tested it yet, I am skeptical if it works then i need to live with what you had mentioned earlier. I always get out of the car with the keys in and if it locks then i am gone for a six. So i am trying to find if it can be reversed. I had tested the one touch window down option and it failed.

@shaju & Unni : I thought we would need to mix something like a vodka so that its called as Chilled soda... anyways no issues we can still mix it ... LOL

Last edited by Moonraker : 21st November 2009 at 03:22.
Old 21st November 2009, 07:57   #370
BHPian

@shaju & Unni : I thought we would need to mix something like a vodka so that its called as Chilled soda... anyways no issues we can still mix it ... LOL
If it has citrus or orange flavour chilled soda goes down well
Old 21st November 2009, 10:51   #371
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@nairrk: I have not tested it yet, I am skeptical if it works then i need to live with what you had mentioned earlier. I always get out of the car with the keys in and if it locks then i am gone for a six. So i am trying to find if it can be reversed. I had tested the one touch window down option and it failed.

+
I thought you are going to test it and eagerly waiting for the result.
In any case, I am not interested in this auto lock system as it may prove dangerous sometime, especially when taking the car to outstation (unless you keep the 2nd key in the pocket all the time).
Old 21st November 2009, 10:54   #372
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post

+
sorry, contrary to my last post, @moonraker not yet tested this function
(seems no one wants to test this autolock function).
Lets wait and see, if any outcome from other fiestians (those who are interested in having this function active).
Old 21st November 2009, 12:09   #373
BHPian

I don't think I'll be testing the auto-lock thing but sure want to test the pacha mulaku (green chilli) thing suggested by Shaju this weekend

Repeating my question earlier in this thread (i guess it got lost in the 'chilled soda' debate):

Any suggestions for keeping the front grills clean and new? I've noticed that the grill looses its gloss/freshness pretty fast, especially on a black Fiesta.
Old 21st November 2009, 13:57   #374
oss
BHPian

Well i want to test this, but i also want to know the undo function, just in case i need it
Old 21st November 2009, 14:09   #375
Senior - BHPian

@svs1976

front grill - Do you mean the paint/polish of the front grill fading away?
and the metallic finish (SXi) or the other one?
Iny anycase if the car is still under warranty period you can report this to the dealer. Will have to see how it behaves in my car- Its alredy 2 months since the purchase but still the grill is looking good.
Lets see if anyone else has any comment or having similar problem?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks