Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2015, 14:25   #5071
BHPian
 
vibhu_f430's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: chennai
Posts: 194
Thanked: 58 Times
Default

Got some new rims on my verna yesterday. After a lot of research decided to buy Lenso venom light weight wheels and hankook ventus v12 evo tyres.
Lenso venom 17" 51k
Henkook v12 evo 215/45/17 38k
Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-1433839761293.jpg  

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-1433839775613.jpg  

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-1433839810833.jpg  

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-1433839830975.jpg  

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-1433839849253.jpg  

vibhu_f430 is offline   (17) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2015, 15:39   #5072
BHPian
 
blueeyed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Alleppy,Kerala.
Posts: 53
Thanked: 25 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilwearsprada View Post
Aftermarket alloys on our family's lodgy. Belongs to my cousin. Love the look it has given. Attachment 1378731
Wow! I really liked that design. Which brand are they? Would be really helpful if you could share its brand and cost here.
blueeyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2015, 11:44   #5073
BHPian
 
97_Octane's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 164
Thanked: 71 Times
Default re: The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibhu_f430 View Post
Got some new rims on my verna yesterday. After a lot of research decided to buy Lenso venom light weight wheels and hankook ventus v12 evo tyres.
Lenso venom 17" 51k
Henkook v12 evo 215/45/17 38k
Cheers
That's a nice set of wheels! Have been planning to get a similar set for my Verna too.

The dealers here say you would have to install some kind of pacers (or something) to avoid the body touching the wheels due to it's suspension characteristics. Did you have to install something like this?

Also, could we have a picture of the car from the rear angle? Want to see the difference in width over stock 195mm. Do the tires protrude out of the body?

TIA!
97_Octane is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2015, 10:18   #5074
BHPian
 
abhi3284's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 146
Thanked: 50 Times
Default re: The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!

Hey Guys...my 40000 Kms run Plain Jane Ritz has just received a Makeover and it has turned into a Stonker...

Alloys are 14" Lenso Raiden PD8.
Sorry for going overboard with the number of Pics...
Attached Thumbnails
The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-img_20150611_142511.jpg  

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-img_20150612_104641.jpg  

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-img_20150612_110118.jpg  

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-img_20150612_110130.jpg  

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-img_20150613_091438.jpg  

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-img_20150613_091527.jpg  

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-img_20150613_091951.jpg  

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-img_20150613_092127.jpg  

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-img_20150613_092212.jpg  

abhi3284 is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2015, 12:29   #5075
BHPian
 
MunnabhaiMBBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Pune
Posts: 264
Thanked: 512 Times
Default re: The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
Hey Guys...my 40000 Kms run Plain Jane Ritz has just received a Makeover and it has turned into a Stonker...

Alloys are 14" Lenso Raiden PD8.
Sorry for going overboard with the number of Pics...
Abhi, Wheels look rally good. Where did you get them from and for how much?

Thanks in advance.
MunnabhaiMBBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2015, 16:47   #5076
BHPian
 
vibhu_f430's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: chennai
Posts: 194
Thanked: 58 Times
Default re: The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97_Octane View Post
That's a nice set of wheels! Have been planning to get a similar set for my Verna too.

The dealers here say you would have to install some kind of pacers (or something) to avoid the body touching the wheels due to it's suspension characteristics. Did you have to install something like this?

Also, could we have a picture of the car from the rear angle? Want to see the difference in width over stock 195mm. Do the tires protrude out of the body?

TIA!
Thanks Octane,
I think the dealer is asking you to install spacers in your verna. In my case the offset in more than the stock rims hence a portion of it juts out from the side of the car. But its not too much or too dangerous.
Installing spacers in fact will make things worse. Spacers are mostly installed when you want to improve the stance of the car. Mostly for looks more than anything else.

Lenso Venom 17" review

The verna is not really known for its handling or road manners. Except for the 1.6 diesel gem, the car is completely lifeless and dull. To be honest i spent money on this upgrade only because i was forced to keep my car for a few more years and i wanted to bring some visual excitement back into my mundane daily drive.

The Venom+Hankook combo have completely transformed the car! The ride is a lot more settled and the high speed nervousness has reduced to a large extent.
Whats the most surprising is the ride quality. Its actually improved over the stock car. Iam guessing its due to the drastic reduction in unsprung weight from all corners and better quality of rubber over stock.

Link to the Lenso site
http://www.lensowheel.com/Lenso-Sub-...bCatID=20008#r

Each rim is 6.5kg! Thats 2kg lighter than the stock rim and one size bigger. So, overall I'am really happy with the rims. At the price its available for, i think its a steal!

Cheers
vibhu_f430 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2015, 17:27   #5077
Senior - BHPian
 
zenren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: CLT/TVM/HYD
Posts: 2,578
Thanked: 1,720 Times
Default re: The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!

All,

Please mention the price of the alloys too while posting pictures. It would really help the readers to decide if these beautiful alloys fit their budgets too or if it would just remain in wishlist. We used to include this information in the past but we seem to have stopped providing it recently
zenren is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2015, 17:48   #5078
BHPian
 
no_boundaries's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pune/Bangalore
Posts: 115
Thanked: 33 Times
Default re: The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibhu_f430 View Post
In my case the offset in more than the stock rims hence a portion of it juts out from the side of the car. But its not too much or too dangerous.
Installing spacers in fact will make things worse. Spacers are mostly installed when you want to improve the stance of the car. Mostly for looks more than anything else.
Thats a stunning look the Verna wears now.

How does the car behave with 4 / 5 on-board ? Do the wheels falter with the fender?
I'm keen to get these on Polo but I also need the car to be comfortable with 4 on-board.
no_boundaries is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2015, 14:03   #5079
BHPian
 
vibhu_f430's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: chennai
Posts: 194
Thanked: 58 Times
Default re: The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_boundaries View Post
Thats a stunning look the Verna wears now.

How does the car behave with 4 / 5 on-board ? Do the wheels falter with the fender?
I'm keen to get these on Polo but I also need the car to be comfortable with 4 on-board.
I recently did a 300km trip to Nellore and back. 4 well fed adults+luggage didn't cause any problems.
I've been looking out for my GT tsi as well, 205/55/16 is supposed to be the best upsize. Update if you find something good!

Cheers
vibhu_f430 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2015, 19:49   #5080
BHPian
 
RohanDheman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Noida/New Delhi
Posts: 338
Thanked: 586 Times
Default

16" Momo Raptors on 225/55/16 Michelin Primacy 3ST on my Laura.

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1434809941.816735.jpg

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1434809953.188620.jpg

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1434809962.743312.jpg

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1434809973.214886.jpg

Cheers
Rohan
RohanDheman is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2015, 09:32   #5081
BHPian
 
abhi3284's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 146
Thanked: 50 Times
Default re: The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunnabhaiMBBS View Post
Abhi, Wheels look rally good. Where did you get them from and for how much?

Thanks in advance.
Hey Thanks Buddy.
I got them from Poona Motors for 21k.
abhi3284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2015, 17:32   #5082
Senior - BHPian
 
Santoshbhat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,616
Thanked: 2,093 Times
Default re: The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanDheman View Post
16" Momo Raptors on 225/55/16 Michelin Primacy 3ST on my Laura.

Attachment 1384063

Attachment 1384064

Attachment 1384065

Attachment 1384066

Cheers
Rohan
Looks good. What size are those alloys? Are they 7.0 or 7.5 inch wide?

Also whats the hub size? If I remember Laura OE is 57.10mm. If the alloy bore is larger, its a good idea to fit hub rings.

With 225/55/16 you will get a little bit of an odo error. But with the increased sidewall height, you will get a better ride esp with those P3STs.
Santoshbhat is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2015, 17:42   #5083
BHPian
 
RohanDheman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Noida/New Delhi
Posts: 338
Thanked: 586 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
Looks good. What size are those alloys? Are they 7.0 or 7.5 inch wide?



Also whats the hub size? If I remember Laura OE is 57.10mm. If the alloy bore is larger, its a good idea to fit hub rings.



With 225/55/16 you will get a little bit of an odo error. But with the increased sidewall height, you will get a better ride esp with those P3STs.

Hi Santosh. The rims are 7inch. The dealer gave me the hub rings with the alloys. My tyre dealer recommended the size and with only a 3% error I decided to go with it. The ride is amazing right now.

The B6 are on order and shall be here in 3 weeks and I expect it to be even better. Springs are on hold for the time being.

Thanks for all the help!

Rohan
RohanDheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2015, 10:38   #5084
Senior - BHPian
 
Santoshbhat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,616
Thanked: 2,093 Times
Default re: The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanDheman View Post
Hi Santosh. The rims are 7inch. The dealer gave me the hub rings with the alloys. My tyre dealer recommended the size and with only a 3% error I decided to go with it. The ride is amazing right now.

The B6 are on order and shall be here in 3 weeks and I expect it to be even better. Springs are on hold for the time being.

Thanks for all the help!

Rohan
3% error should not be a problem. Since B6's are stiffer, tyres like these with decent sidewall height will give you superb balance of good ride quality at slow speeds and terrific stability and control at higher speeds. When you pair stiff suspension with ultra low profile tyres, the ride literally goes for a toss on our roads. Eagerly awaiting your drive report after installation of the B6.
Santoshbhat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2015, 15:39   #5085
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: mumbai
Posts: 94
Thanked: 24 Times
Default

Lenso Project d spec K
Attached Thumbnails
The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-1435831707586.jpg  

Attached Images
 
fastraj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sourcing / Buying OE Wheel Rims & Wheel Caps maglev Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 30 3rd August 2016 13:36
Official Guess the car Thread (Please see rules on first page!) merve_extreme The International Automotive Scene 4311 23rd July 2016 15:29
Replaced No-name alloy wheel nuts with Gorilla wheel nuts. Sankar Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 36 21st February 2013 12:34
Lets see if you can get this one! SLK Shifting gears 7 21st April 2005 13:12


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 12:22.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks