Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2009, 16:45   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Could oyu please elaborate more on your experience?
Nikhil,
I have PM'ed you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoKris View Post
oh ok. I was looking for a pair of used tyres for my Esteem as a stop gap arrangement before I can afford some new ones They are R13 - so no use. Thanks for the info mate.
Keep on checking, it will not be that hard find one.
Old 24th November 2010, 21:05   #32

Good wheel service centre in Hyderabad

Hi Guys

I have decided to give my i10 1.1 (iRDE) Magna new footwear after running on the stock tyres for 40K Kms.

I will be fitting in 185/60R14 Michelin on new 14" 5.5J alloys.

Please tell me from your experiences a good wheel care centre in Hyderabad where I can get good alloys and the Michelin tyres.

I have researched here and found only one name Mohan Chandra in Domalguda and no reviews about his service.

Also I am looking for i20 alloy wheels, so if anyone of you in Hyderabad who purchased a new i20 and planning to upgrade to a larger wheel size I can buy your alloys.

Last edited by Jaggu : 24th November 2010 at 23:49. Reason: Please use Search before opening a new thread. Thanks
Old 2nd September 2012, 15:15   #33

re: Alloy wheels and tyres stockists in Hyderabad - Help!

Hi,

Was looking for 14" alloys for my Verna VGT. Went to Ashoka Wheels. He is now pushing Plati and quoted Rs.13200/- + Rs.600/- for alignment, Valves etc. They don't have HRS/Neo/Lenso/Legue.

Checked Fast Track a few hundred feet away from Ashoka wheels towards the Secbad junction. He quoted Neo for Rs.15000/- + Rs.1000/- changing, alignment etc.

Haven't checked towards Madhapur / Kondapur.

1) In Hyd could you suggest where to get HRS/Neo or other comparable alloys. Not too
convinced about Plati.

2) Which brands would you suggest? Budget Rs.15000/-

Thanks.
Old 8th September 2012, 13:07   #34

Hi Guys,

Scouted around and picked up a set of 14" Neo Vertigo alloys from Indian Decors.

Costed me Rs.16000/= all inclusive(fitting, alignment, Balancing & Nitrogen) for a set of 4.

Good experience. Would recommend Indian Decors.

Take Care.
Old 25th September 2012, 11:53   #35
Senior - BHPian

My regular tyre person is Wheelocity in the lane just before Sigree/Mainland China at Greenlands.Very good fitments and knowledgable guys and they are never a hurried lot.I have been getting all my tyre related stuff done there from the time I owned a carHe usually has adequate stocks of all tyres and rims and alloys.
Old 9th January 2013, 22:03   #36
BHPian

Been to Ashoka wheels,ministers road.
Was looking for new tyres for my swift zxi 07
Asked for bridgestone Er 60, finally settled for Michelin xm2 due to nonavailability of the former.
Let me elaborate on the power of team bhp.
As guided by the members met mr.ritesh and mentioned team bhp.
Price quoted Rs.4500 per tyre.
Another swift owner a few minutes earlier was quoted Rs.4700 and his request for lowering the price was not honored. That gentlemen paid Rs.4700 in my presence.
So,don't forget to mention team bhp when you visit Ashoka wheels.
By the way the prices are highly competitive as per my enquiries at different outlets.
My purchase was 185/70/R14 Michelin xm2 for swift zxi 07
Please comment on the same.
Old 27th March 2015, 16:35   #37
BHPian

I am planning to change tyres for my Fabia used for around 30K, was looking around for information upon good dealers in Hyderabad and came across this thread.
Ashoka Wheels seems to be the most frequent choice here - with both favorable and contrary feedbacks.

This thread, however, hasn't been active for some time, so pinging to see if we have more recent inputs/suggestions.

The OE tyres are 185/60R14 82T (Apollo Acelere), mostly would like to go with same size, but definitely a different brand.
Let your suggestions flow.

-Deepankar
Old 30th May 2015, 11:51   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepv View Post
I am planning to change tyres for my Fabia used for around 30K, was looking around for information upon good dealers in Hyderabad and came across this thread.
Ashoka Wheels seems to be the most frequent choice here - with both favorable and contrary feedbacks.

This thread, however, hasn't been active for some time, so pinging to see if we have more recent inputs/suggestions.

The OE tyres are 185/60R14 82T (Apollo Acelere), mostly would like to go with same size, but definitely a different brand.
Let your suggestions flow.

-Deepankar
I replaced Acelere 185/60R14 on my Fabia with Yokohoma S2185/60/R14 82H three months back. Aceleres were 47000 Km old and very noisy. S2 were made in Japan and cost INR 18000 for four in Delhi.

Have driven S2 now for over 5000 Km that included 3000 Km of Golden Quadrilateral and 1000 km on patchy roads in hills of Uttarakhand. I am extremely happy with the high speed stability of S2, and they are also way more comfortable than Acelere on bad roads. S2 are less noisy too.

Would definitely recommend Yokohoma S2 for Fabia.
rajcs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2015, 12:54   #39
BHPian

Re: Alloy wheels and tyres stockists in Hyderabad - Help!

I got alignment, balancing, etc.. done by Banjara tyres near Pension office (Road No 12 and 1 junction) always. They seem decent guys for tyres both in price and service. They typically have multiple brands.
Old 13th July 2015, 21:39   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajcs View Post
I replaced Acelere 185/60R14 ....
S2 were made in Japan and cost INR 18000 for four in Delhi.
After a long haul of due deliberations, I replaced 185/60R14 82T (Apollo Acelere) on my Fabia with a set of 185/60/R15 82H (Michelin Energy XM2).
Cost me around 20K for all (including WA, WB, valves & nitrogen).
Its been a couple of weeks (around 500kms) and the overall smoothness of the vehicle seems a lot better, there is markedly less noise.
One would always feel better with new tyres after a change, however I do remember further less sound w.r.t. certain points that I used to observe newer Apollos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreenivass View Post
... Banjara tyres near Pension office (Road No 12 and 1 junction) always.
Well, I checked with Banjara tyres also, in addition to Ashoka Wheels, Ashoka Tyres (both on Minister road) and a few others.
All of these guys quoted the same with extra charge for WA/WB, except for two.

One, M. V. Tyre World (Ameerpet) and the other, Xenex (Jubillee Hills) who didn't quote extra for WA/WB.
Actually both of these are Michelin priority dealers (its TyrePlus stores), that being the reason I figured.
Ultimately I went with Xenex as the had 2015 manufactured pieces.
deepv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2015, 22:04   #41
BANNED

Quote:
After a long haul of due deliberations, I replaced 185/60R14 82T (Apollo Acelere) on my Fabia with a set of 185/60/R15 82H (Michelin Energy XM2).

Cost me around 20K for all (including WA, WB, valves & nitrogen).
Hey Deep,

I too am planning for a tyre change on my Swift ZDi that ride on MRF ZVTV 185/65 R15 and I am confused between Michelin XM2 and Yokohama Earth-1 in the OEM size.

Can you give your feedback regarding the XM2 and any recommendations for the shop I should visit for getting the tyre change?
Old 14th July 2015, 11:54   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
185/65 R15 and I am confused between Michelin XM2 and Yokohama Earth-1 in the OEM size.
Anurag .. between XM2 and Earth-1, I would definitely go for the former (Michelin).
If you are keen on Yokohama then you should rather check out S-Drive or C-Drive, which are more premium options in their product matrix.
http://www.yokohama-india.com/Product.aspx

Earth-1s seems to have been designed focusing on India market and relatively cheaper.
Someone on the forum suggested they are more prone to punctures. Shops in market also suggest S-Drive instead.

I was anyway keen on Michelin considering most folks on our group's feedback.
Go for Michelin 'Tyre Plus' outlets in that case (as I mentioned in earlier post).
Old 14th July 2015, 14:21   #43
BANNED

Quote:

I was anyway keen on Michelin considering most folks on our group's feedback.
Go for Michelin 'Tyre Plus' outlets in that case (as I mentioned in earlier post).
Even I would be driving to XM2 as the reasons and reviews on the Forum day the day.

Do XM2 cost 4K or more per tyre in the 185/65 R15?
Old 14th July 2015, 15:28   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Ooops .. I mis-typed the size here, there was no change to my tyre size, only speed rating changed - 185/60/R14 82H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Do XM2 cost 4K or more per tyre in the 185/65 R15?
185/65 may be cheaper w.r.t. 185/60, apparently that is more commonly used series - atleast Xenex guy told me so.
He had quoted me 18K overall over phone, but when I went there he jumped back to 20K and said he misconstrued my requirement to 185/65/R14.
For 185/65/R15 also, I would expect it to be not less than 18K.
deepv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2015, 12:10   #45
BANNED

Quote:
For 185/65/R15 also, I would expect it to be not less than 18K.
Thanks for the link to this as it more appropriate.

I'll be visiting Ashoka Wheels for getting the quote for Michelin XM2 on stock size of 185/65 R15.

Shall update the thread.

Any pointers to keep in mind or to check when dealing?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks