Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2010, 10:38   #166
Distinguished - BHPian

Lol soumya, we cross posted at the same time!
Old 15th April 2010, 10:39   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud_Chaser View Post
Gogibhai, your CJ was the start attraction, so all of us have clicked good number of pics. Yesterday while I was sharing the pics with my local friends they were only interested in knowing details of your JEEP and Allans Gypsy.
Thanks Prashant. I loved your SWB Pajero. Tell me though a little , was it Red previously? I knew one Red, SWB, BLB numbered Pajero which an Ad guy, having his office at Worli owned, i think it was Crest communication. I used to see a lady driving it very often, maybe his wife? Im quite certain its the same Pajero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
BTW, even my parents don't call me Teju. I had a gay friend once who called me that... so if that's the case, i guess...
remind me never to refer to you as "Teju" even by mistake!!
Old 15th April 2010, 10:53   #168
Senior - BHPian

Mohan next OTR is on US, next time you and Rahul just come have fun, get stuck, do whatever you guys want.. we will take care of everything else.
Old 15th April 2010, 11:32   #169
BHPian

Just Beyond Words...

Hey guys..

This was most definitely the Biggest and baddest of all OTRs.
I don't know much about off roading chapters in other cities, but going by the look and feel - right from the starting preparation with JCB till the b&w snap of TEJU (I'm married (to a female), so no fear), nothing even comes close in terms of sheer vibrance.

I have had the fortune of meeting Dr. Mohan and Dr. Tejas in person.

I remember Dr. Tejas and Dr. Mohan saying that it was impossible to organise a BIG OTR in mumbai as life here's very fast and nobody got the time.

Well, what can I say.. there are people who loves to beat their own expectation of themselves. It's my honour to know such people.

It's a FACT that mumbai rules over ALL other cities in ALL tangible and intangible segments of life! And, with torch bearers like The Doctors - Mumbai is soon going to become the Offroading destination of the country.

Three Cheers.

The title - "HV Kumar of the off-road" is still up for grabbing and we know who are the contenders.
Old 15th April 2010, 12:00   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdev29 View Post
Mohan next OTR is on US, next time you and Rahul just come have fun, get stuck, do whatever you guys want.. we will take care of everything else.
Amen to that!

Dev - let me know when you are back from Kochi. I'll go recce Bandardhara and Malshej/Shivneri this weekend.
Old 15th April 2010, 12:04   #171
Senior - BHPian

sure i will keep you posted.

Last edited by pdev29 : 15th April 2010 at 12:07.
Old 15th April 2010, 15:04   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdev29 View Post

Any time friend. I would love if you all can come and attend NIOC otr.

Also I had few points:
  • Whole saturday when we were working I personally was picking up all stubs, tea cups and empty bottles and putting them in garbage bag but next day while leaving saw some empty bottles scattered. Guess I too became egostic and got the sab chalta hai attitude. May be next time we all would take care.
  • Why don't we all get our family together and arrange this kind of OTR in Monsoon and with due permission from villages we plant 10 trees at least per member. we can then arrange one OTR every three months or so and sponsor a water tanker to water those plants, after monsoons are over till they can sustain on their own.
  • How about considering doing recce on Silvasa side or on Nasik - Vapi route either via charouti or Sabutara. Those places would be fun. In case you plan to do anything near Bhilad, Daman or Silvasa I can get it arranged with free lodging for all, and even food.
@Saumya : I said that there is difference between the discipline between Mumbai and NIOC team but also said, the average age at NIOC would be around 40+ yrs and whereas in Mumbai group average age is lot younger - might be 25+ years. So no hard feelings. But yes since everything is decided almost a week ahead in advance people should try to stick to time, that would help.

It was overall a fun experience. I enjoyed it to the core and am grateful to entire team for always being so friendly and helpful.
Old 15th April 2010, 15:49   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhandle View Post

Whole saturday when we were working I personally was picking up all stubs, tea cups and empty bottles and putting them in garbage bag but next day while leaving saw some empty bottles scattered. Guess I too became egostic and got the sab chalta hai attitude. May be next time we all would take care.
I wholeheartedly agree. When we went back to the forest land next to the beach on Sun morning , Kunal remarked on the amount of junk lying around (not because of us). Sadly when we went to where we played the night before, there were bottles, packets we had left behind. I ended up picking up a bunch of stuff and bringing it back to throw away.
This is something which is an easy change in behaviour.

Quote:

@Saumya : I said that there is difference between the discipline between Mumbai and NIOC team but also said, the average age at NIOC would be around 40+ yrs and whereas in Mumbai group average age is lot younger - might be 25+ years. So no hard feelings. But yes since everything is decided almost a week ahead in advance people should try to stick to time, that would help.
It was overall a fun experience. I enjoyed it to the core and am grateful to entire team for always being so friendly and helpful.
You actually said that in the previous OTR chaos of Lonavala! When certain members went AWOL.

On a fun note to which even the rebellious pdev will agree -

We should not wait 40 minutes for a person who comes and says. "Oh you are going to Alibag? I thought we are going to Lonavala" And then goes off to Lonavala...aargh
Old 15th April 2010, 16:25   #174
AVR
BHPian

Quote:
  • How about considering doing recce on Silvasa side or on Nasik - Vapi route either via charouti or Sabutara. Those places would be fun. In case you plan to do anything near Bhilad, Daman or Silvasa I can get it arranged with free lodging for all, and even food.
OT but
I really like this idea rhandle! Anything towards Gujarat side and OTR-starved people like me will also be able to come and hang out with this awesome set of people!! PM me if I can be of any help there.

Cheers,
Adi
Old 15th April 2010, 16:57   #175
Team-BHP Support

I finally caught up with this thread after two very busy weeks. I am simply wowed at the terrain, hospitality, participation, preparation, etc. You guys even got the Thar to offroad in public for the first time. My hats off to Mohan and team for the incredible amount of time and effort put into arranging the event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sen2009 View Post
This was most definitely the Biggest and baddest of all OTRs.
You mean it was better than the recent annual Jeep Thrills event in Bangalore or Palar Challenge? I haven't been to any of them, so I wouldn't know, still I am very surprised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sen2009 View Post
It's a FACT that mumbai rules over ALL other cities in ALL tangible and intangible segments of life!
Old 15th April 2010, 18:13   #176
Senior - BHPian

Some straggler videos...

Allan finding the going too easy and tries another spot on the embankment which was not so easy.

And then takes the aerial route!

You may have to wait a bit for Youtube to finish processing the files into HD format

Last edited by gsferrari : 15th April 2010 at 18:32.
Old 15th April 2010, 22:57   #177
BHPian

GS,
The bumper damage wasn't that bad - only the brackets got bent upwards, restricting the opening of the tailgate - apart from that, i got a few scratches on my bumper, because i tried to force open the tailgate the first couple of times (i didn't realize the bumper was blocking it!) but nothing else..

But in other news, my watchman - yes, watchman, crashed the front right side of the gypsy into the corner of a wall. BAD. Real bad.
Imagine.
Old 16th April 2010, 00:01   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Thanks Prashant. I loved your SWB Pajero. Tell me though a little , was it Red previously? I knew one Red, SWB, BLB numbered Pajero which an Ad guy, having his office at Worli owned, i think it was Crest communication. I used to see a lady driving it very often, maybe his wife? Im quite certain its the same Pajero.

Bang On Gogibhai. Its the same Pajero owned by Mr. Shyam Ramanna of Crest Communications. I am planning to get it repainted to its original glory.
Old 16th April 2010, 00:42   #179
Senior - BHPian

Imran, you let your watchman drive the gypsy, maan i dont give the keys to anyone, never can trust these guys to be as careful as we are.
Old 16th April 2010, 01:22   #180
BHPian

No man - in my building, 4 cars are parked one behind the other..
And if one person wants to remove his car, he first has to ask for my keys, remove my car, remove his car, and put my car back - so the watchman, without anyones knowledge, took my keys and removed my car and while putting it back, BAM!
I gave him a piece of my mind, and now he's not my watchman anymore.

The worst part is, just last week, someone else shouted at him, because he was removing someone elses car!

I'll post pictures of the damage later.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks