Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2010, 09:43   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Moto, go with the existing plan. You're pulling this off, its your way or the highway :-) Everybody else better fall in place.
+1 to that.

Kunal, I'm just trying to get the leaves sorted so will transfer the money in a few days.

Cheers
Old 2nd June 2010, 10:08   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
+1 to that.

Kunal, I'm just trying to get the leaves sorted so will transfer the money in a few days.

Cheers
No problem Milecruncher!

Just send a mail across when you make the transfer.
Old 2nd June 2010, 10:19   #93
Senior - BHPian

Stay options at Pune for Thursday night.

If anyone is planning to halt at Pune for Thursday night (24-June), I could book guest flats in my apartment. Each furnished flat (1 bed room, hall, bathroom) has a double bed that can accomodate two people. The rooms are furnished with a double bed, ward robe, geyser, sofa set etc. The cost is only Rs. 500 per flat per day. I stay in Aundh, which is about 8 km from Bangalore-Mumbai Highway. There is also one 2-bedroom flat that can accomodate 4 people costing Rs. 750 per day. Parking also will not be a problem. PM me if anyone is interested in this option.

-Biju

p.s. If there is someone from Pune who can take me as a companion, let me know. I would like to join the OTR then before Kunal closes the registration.

Last edited by pjbiju : 2nd June 2010 at 10:21.
Old 2nd June 2010, 10:26   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
If anyone is planning to halt at Pune for Thursday night (24-June), I could book guest flats in my apartment. Each furnished flat (1 bed room, hall, bathroom) has a double bed that can accomodate two people. The rooms are furnished with a double bed, ward robe, geyser, sofa set etc. The cost is only Rs. 500 per flat per day. I stay in Aundh, which is about 8 km from Bangalore-Mumbai Highway. There is also one 2-bedroom flat that can accomodate 4 people costing Rs. 750 per day. Parking also will not be a problem. PM me if anyone is interested in this option.

-Biju

p.s. If there is someone from Pune who can take me as a companion, let me know. I would like to join the OTR then before Kunal closes the registration.
Thanks Man! I'm in the midst of making my travel plans so will confirm in a few days
Old 2nd June 2010, 13:16   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

@Kunal: One more jeep (Classic) from Bangalore + 1 passenger will be participating in AKC. This is Giri Thirumale in his Classic

Payment will be done to your Bank A/C soon and email sent.
Old 2nd June 2010, 15:40   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motocamp View Post
About leaving people behind, that is easier said than done.
Let's just say we decide that people who want to stay elsewhere can and dont turn up on time for some reason or the other. some of them happen to be out of towners who have travelled a long way to get here, what then!
I would not want to leave them behind!

For a few late comers the majority will suffer.
Hi Kunal,

I understand your concern but strongly disagree with the condition.

People who are sincere and have the dedication for the event will be punctual irrespective of the distance between their accommodation and the starting point. It's unfair to deny an individual' s entry just because he or she cannot stay overnight due to some unavoidable circumstances.

Anyways, all the best for the event.

Last edited by Sabareesh : 2nd June 2010 at 15:43.
Old 2nd June 2010, 16:04   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabareesh View Post
Hi Kunal,

I understand your concern but strongly disagree with the condition.

People who are sincere and have the dedication for the event will be punctual irrespective of the distance between their accommodation and the starting point. It's unfair to deny an individual' s entry just because he or she cannot stay overnight due to some unavoidable circumstances.

Anyways, all the best for the event.
In what post did i deny your particpation or anybody elses???

If you had come for the recces you will understand my farm is interior far away from the main road with nobody to ask directions.

How would you make it on time on saturday morning without the organisers actually guiding you in from the main road??

We would be too busy getting things in gear for the event on saturday morning to send a vehicle out to guide you to the event site!

I have to look at it from a different perspective...

I am not trying to ruin anybody's fun....if you really want to come book your seat and take your own chances....i will at the most be able to verbally give you directions......

Guys please refrain from posting anything more about the event schedule and coming on saturday morning, it's been done to death
Old 2nd June 2010, 16:05   #98
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Kunal starting the event on time will be entirely your call. Just set a cut off point beyond which the event will not be delayed.

Lets say you wish to accommodate late comers, have a cut off time for them too and request one member of the organising team to start late. At the cut off time that last Jeep can leave the meeting point on the main road to head back to your farm

Last edited by DKG : 2nd June 2010 at 16:06.
Old 2nd June 2010, 19:37   #99
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Joining in the morning
Not that I am joining in on either day but a GPS track would do the job very nicely?
Old 2nd June 2010, 20:30   #100
Team-BHP Support

You are right Sudev.

I guess this can done by anybody who is local to the area. Take a GPS device, log the track from lonavala to the AKC start-off point. Make the KML file available to whoever interested. Then people can find their way without help.
Old 3rd June 2010, 04:35   #101
BHPian

I will not be available online till sunday out on the trail,if anyone needs to contact me call 9881341144.

You can send in your booking payments just notify me , my email address motocamp@yahoo.com
Old 3rd June 2010, 09:20   #102
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Take a GPS device, log the track from lonavala to the AKC start-off point. Make the KML file available to whoever interested. Then people can find their way without help.
When you have the technology why not use it. I totally agree !!
Old 4th June 2010, 10:21   #103
DKG
Senior - BHPian

AKC and EXAMM fee paid. Leave sanctioned. All set for the mega offroad festival !!

As I would be carting some offroad tyres to the venue (these can't be driven on tarmac, they would be horrible) I was wondering if someone could mark the beginning of the Rajmachi trail on Wikimapia or give some coordinates so I could leave early after breakfast to reach the site and change tyres, till everyone gathers there. Don't want to hold anyone up.

BTW what is the distance to be driven on tarmac from Lonavla before you hit the Rajmachi trail?
Old 4th June 2010, 10:39   #104
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
AKC and EXAMM fee paid. Leave sanctioned. All set for the mega offroad festival !!

As I would be carting some offroad tyres to the venue (these can't be driven on tarmac, they would be horrible) ...
Oh man, you REALLY set. I think you would be having sleepless nights -- just like a kid before vacations

Honestly, even I can't wait for 3 days of pure off-road bliss
Old 4th June 2010, 10:49   #105
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Oh man, you REALLY set. I think you would be having sleepless nights -- just like a kid before vacations

Honestly, even I can't wait for 3 days of pure off-road bliss
Khan saheb fun times are ahead. Really looking forward to spending time with you guys again. In that environment, with that weather and these machines, and all of you this will be one riot of a offroad festival !!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks