Re: Hyderabad Hard Top (Thar)

Looks like this now

Hyderabad Hard Top (Thar)-jeep-thrills-11.jpg

Hyderabad Hard Top (Thar)-jeep-thrills-10.jpg
Jayant06 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th February 2015, 06:28   #287
Senior - BHPian

What solved the rear door leak issue ? The Mahindra Bolero rubber liner fits very nice and tight in the rear door to perfection but of course it may last only about a year as the quality of rubber is poor.
Old 1st March 2015, 21:41   #288
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertfox View Post
The Mahindra Bolero rubber liner fits very nice and tight in the rear door to perfection
Is it the original bolero rear door beading??
Old 7th October 2015, 19:29   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertfox View Post
Little adjustsments here and there. The original boot liner / rear door liner gasket supplied with the kit was not enough to stop the water seeping into the rear when in rain or car wash. THe local denter at RR auto suggested a change. We fished out a Bolero gasket from the store and it sits fine. Problem solved.

Yesterday at the Dr. Karni Singh shooting range with the rear hatch open.
Hi Sir,

could you share some more pics of the Hyderabad HT please.

How has been the experience with regard to leaks and wind noise inside the cabin.

I just booked my thar and looking for HT options.

thanks

Kundan
Ksingh544 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2015, 18:47   #290

Hi Kundan, Congrats on purchasing your Thar ! Please do share your thread once it is live. Also, I liked the way the tyres look. Please post some close-up pics and details.

Meanwhile, I had been to the Delhi Offroad Expo, where various hard-top designs of Bimbra were on display. The ones on display had an electronic sun-roof (Webasto brand), but only on the driver section. Build-wise, I wasn't much impressed. Also, I doubt the strength and reliability of such a design without the roll over bars. I couldn't ask Taran whether the SA roll over bar can be fixed along with the hard-top design 2.0. As per Taran, the existing hard-top design sturdy enough to withstand 100 kg load on top. Do share any updates that you come across regarding hard-tops.
Old 27th December 2015, 04:56   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellraiSEr_007 View Post
Hi Kundan, Congrats on purchasing your Thar ! Please do share your thread once it is live. Also, I liked the way the tyres look. Please post some close-up pics and details.

Meanwhile, I had been to the Delhi Offroad Expo, where various hard-top designs of Bimbra were on display. The ones on display had an electronic sun-roof (Webasto brand), but only on the driver section. Build-wise, I wasn't much impressed. Also, I doubt the strength and reliability of such a design without the roll over bars. I couldn't ask Taran whether the SA roll over bar can be fixed along with the hard-top design 2.0. As per Taran, the existing hard-top design sturdy enough to withstand 100 kg load on top. Do share any updates that you come across regarding hard-tops.
Thanks for your appreciation. I'm scouting for new alloys, once they've been installed I'll share some pictures and hopefully my updated thread.

The Bimbra Hardtops I don't enjoy at all, with all respect to Taran and his team. Just too boxy for my liking.

I have 4 options in my mind for the hard tops -

- azaad 4x4 fibre glass top
- hyderabad hard top by new mars
- semi hardtop by vendors in Chandigarh and Moga
- Mahindra Customization in nasik.

I'm hoping to narrow these choices in January and take a final decision soon.

Will keep you and everyone else posted. I look forward to everyone's thoughts and comments on the choices listed above.

Cheers.

Kundan.
Old 28th December 2015, 01:52   #292

Hello,
Now i am on the Hardtop look-out for New THAR 2015.
I Have Two Choices in mind HydHardTop and Jeepclinic FRP Type5.

Personally i liked attention to details and fit and finish of HydHT
Long-runwise, Type5 might be rattlefree and leekproof? (as it is 3 piece design)
Not Sure. Any suggestions for me pls?

1. @fazalaliadil - Does HydHardTop fits the new Thar 2015?
Old 31st December 2015, 20:25   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksingh544 View Post
I'm scouting for new alloys, once they've been installed I'll share some pictures and hopefully my updated thread.
I'm looking for alloys too. Any clue on how changing offset will affect the dynamics. Factory comes 55mm offset but most Neo(s) whose looks appeal to me are with 12 offset. I will like to get the ones which are as close to specs of stocks as possible and with warranty rather than grey ones.

BTW, I'm getting my Thar on 17th Jan.
Old 8th January 2016, 16:32   #294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulsnh View Post
I'm looking for alloys too. Any clue on how changing offset will affect the dynamics. Factory comes 55mm offset but most Neo(s) whose looks appeal to me are with 12 offset. I will like to get the ones which are as close to specs of stocks as possible and with warranty rather than grey ones.

BTW, I'm getting my Thar on 17th Jan.
Hi Rahul,

congratulations on your new Thar !! Apologies for my delayed response. Unfortunately i haven't had the time to explore the alloys yet and am still on the stock setup.

You can contact Bhpian Johy i think he has negative offset rims on his new Thar. Also Senior Bhpian akshay4587, i believe they will be able to guide you better.

I will keep you posted on my alloy upgrades as they happen. As per plan i am keeping the stock tyres and just changing the rims.

cheers

Kundan
Old 13th January 2016, 12:13   #295
BHPian

hi i am quite keen to get the Hyderabad HT and Mr Prabhu's team have been prompt enough to send the quotation along with pictures on email last week.

Has anyone on this forum got the fully sealed low HHT ? How has been your experiences with regard to wind noise, leakages etc. I know some members have opted for the removable panels, i pose the same questions to you

In my day to day use i dont see any use for removable panels and want to a cabin which is full sealed to reduce air noise and make the AC more effective when the North India Summer kicks in.

Look forward to you responses.

thanks

Kundan
Old 9th April 2016, 02:48   #296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksingh544 View Post
hi i am quite keen to get the Hyderabad HT and Mr Prabhu's team have been prompt enough to send the quotation along with pictures on email last week.

Has anyone on this forum got the fully sealed low HHT ? How has been your experiences with regard to wind noise, leakages etc. I know some members have opted for the removable panels, i pose the same questions to you

In my day to day use i dont see any use for removable panels and want to a cabin which is full sealed to reduce air noise and make the AC more effective when the North India Summer kicks in.

Look forward to you responses.

thanks

Kundan

I have the sealed tall version of the Hyderabad Hard Top for 3+ years now, and since I got it flat packed and shipped all the way to Mohali it was fitted in a third party garage. The Hard Top was difficult to align, the rear somehow never fitted properly on the rear gate and there was a gap that I use a foam tape to cover.

It was all good primarily , the AC cools decently, noise levels are greatly reduced, highway driving manners were greatly improved, the increased visibility is superb.

However, over 3 years there have been persistent leaks from 2 -3 places that despite resealing with silicone keep coming back, and there's no solution to the misaligned rear gate not creating a proper seal. I think it's just aged and since it wasn't fitted by Prabhu's team those fixes weren't up to the desired level. So now after 65k kms with the hardtop I will be replacing it with the Bimbra Hard Top.

To give due credit to Mars Enterprises and Prabhu, I used the Hard Top in extreme climates with -5 and snow for 3 months every year and rural hilly potholed roads that convert cars to wrecks in no time, and it did serve me well. If the fitting was done at their garage, am sure my experience would have been different.
HillyThar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th May 2016, 13:05   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillyThar View Post
I have the sealed tall version of the Hyderabad Hard Top for 3+ years now, and since I got it flat packed and shipped all the way to Mohali it was fitted in a third party garage. The Hard Top was difficult to align, the rear somehow never fitted properly on the rear gate and there was a gap that I use a foam tape to cover.

It was all good primarily , the AC cools decently, noise levels are greatly reduced, highway driving manners were greatly improved, the increased visibility is superb.

However, over 3 years there have been persistent leaks from 2 -3 places that despite resealing with silicone keep coming back, and there's no solution to the misaligned rear gate not creating a proper seal. I think it's just aged and since it wasn't fitted by Prabhu's team those fixes weren't up to the desired level. So now after 65k kms with the hardtop I will be replacing it with the Bimbra Hard Top.

To give due credit to Mars Enterprises and Prabhu, I used the Hard Top in extreme climates with -5 and snow for 3 months every year and rural hilly potholed roads that convert cars to wrecks in no time, and it did serve me well. If the fitting was done at their garage, am sure my experience would have been different.

Thanks for your feedback HillyThar, just for my information was your HT installed by Sarbloh Motors in Mohali ?
Old 1st June 2016, 10:21   #298
BHPian

Great product, seems to be the best of the HT options available for the Thar.

Given the rather high cost of purchase, I was wondering what the typical life of such a product is before niggles, cracks and eventual leakage sets in. Can anyone hazard an educated estimate of how many years this HT would last before needing replacement?

Coming to maintenance, what is advised? How frequently do sealants and gaskets need to be renewed? Is there a preventative maintenance schedule that has been devised?

I've lusted after the Thar for years and if I were to get one, I would want a HT installed, hence the questions.

Last edited by airfoil : 1st June 2016 at 10:23.
Old 30th June 2016, 15:29   #299
Senior - BHPian

I am posting this as a common reply to many e mails, sms and private messages that I have recieved on the issue.

It has been two years now that I have been useing this Hyderabad hard top and I am glad to comment that there have been absolutely no issues with it.

No leaks, no cracking, waterproof even in heavy rain and very easy to take off the roof panel.
No rattling noise from the fastners.
Everything is absolutely fine with it and it is recommended to interested That owners.
Old 26th September 2016, 00:11   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayant06 View Post
Hi Jayant,
This is very nicely done stuff.. it would be great if:
1. You can post a couple of pics from the inside highlighting the kind of space it leaves in the cabin behind the seats. And,
2. Let us know if that is a lockable trunk behind the cabin? A few pictures here too would do a world of good! Also,
3. Where did you get this whole thing done from?

Thanks & regards.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks