Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2011, 15:40   #31
BHPian

Re: Modifying my Endeavour 3.0 4x4 AT for Off Roading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endeavour333 View Post
I contacted Peter, the owner of Pete's Tuning Box and i'm going to order it today. Supposed to raise the stock 156 bhp to 176 and will raise the stock 380 nm of torque to 430! Huge rise.
How much does it cost?
Old 10th August 2011, 15:49   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paco View Post
How much does it cost?
Costs RS. 31,201

After this I should have around 186 hp , 450 nm torque
Old 12th August 2011, 00:00   #33
BHPian

I have given up finding tires of the size that I want as they are presently not available at the shops that I have tried. My stock tires are 245/70/R16 and I have found 2 All Terrain tires of that size but I want wider tires. Preferably taller too. However, the current tires on my Endeavour actually have pretty good All Terrain looking tread. Not bad at all. So I figured that I'd wait till I get the perfect size and just go with the ECU modification for now as I really want to see what my car will feel like with that much power and torque. If I want to go on the beach or something until then I figured I could just air down. The Endeavour has a Limited Slip Differential to take advantage of that power too. Cant wait!

In Bangalore right now but got a call saying that the Pete's Tuning Box has just arrived in Chennai. Getting it installed as soon as I get back.
Old 18th August 2011, 20:50   #34

Modifying my Endeavour 3.0 4x4 AT for Off Roading!-281866_10150710039345066_622395065_19545411_6532471_n.jpg

Modifying my Endeavour 3.0 4x4 AT for Off Roading!-269399_10150710040850066_622395065_19545443_5260564_n.jpggood to see your posts any ways do take a look at these endys i saw in bangalore!!
staten1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2011, 08:33   #35
BHPian

Re: Bangalore Annual Offroading Event January 2012

What a Beast. This is my dream machine. Lifted suspension, live front axle, lockers front and rear, ARB front bumper, snorkel. I kind of wish I still had the boxy looks of the old Endeavour now. Love that look. Need to get myself some fat MT tyres too. Just watch next year gentelmen, I will be in similar form

Pretty big capital investment needed to reach that level though. I think apart from the lockers I will install everything else. My car is going to the Ironman4x4 shop in Bangalore this Thursday for a lift kit and steering damper. Will be back in Bangalore again after a few months once the Ironman front bumper and underbody protection are ordered.

"When the game gets tough, the tough get going"

Edit: Picture lifted from thread: (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ex...-2010-a-5.html) because I didnt know how else to show this particular picture.

1 Question: Does that Patrol have Spacers on its wheels to make them pop out of the arches like that or is that because of the tyres? Looks real nice.
Attached Thumbnails
Modifying my Endeavour 3.0 4x4 AT for Off Roading!-patrol.jpg  

Last edited by Endeavour333 : 18th October 2011 at 08:38.
Old 18th October 2011, 10:36   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Pretty big capital investment needed to reach that level though. I think apart from the lockers I will install everything else. My car is going to the Ironman4x4 shop in Bangalore this Thursday for a lift kit and steering damper. Will be back in Bangalore again after a few months once the Ironman front bumper and underbody protection are ordered.
Hi Vishnu,

Where will you fit the steering Damper To, IIRC s the Ford Endy have a RCBT with IFS.

But what if its is Rack & Pinion Steering with IFS?

Also with the Rear Anti Roll Bar, do you think a suspension lift is really going to work?

Regards,

Arka

PS - Why don't you start a thread on your Ford Endy a lot of useful information will be generated for future reference.

Last edited by ex670c : 18th October 2011 at 10:37.
Old 18th October 2011, 14:31   #37
Senior - BHPian

OT:

Quote:
What a Beast. This is my dream machine.
@Vishnu: That machine was in Chennai and owned by the TTK Group before if found its way to the present owner. Have driven it in Palar in 2007 with AC @ 80 kph on flat sands

It has solid axle COIL SPRINGS

Last edited by headers : 18th October 2011 at 14:33.
headers is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2011, 15:23   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex670c View Post
Hi Vishnu,

Where will you fit the steering Damper To, IIRC s the Ford Endy have a RCBT with IFS.

But what if its is Rack & Pinion Steering with IFS?

Also with the Rear Anti Roll Bar, do you think a suspension lift is really going to work?

Regards,

Arka

PS - Why don't you start a thread on your Ford Endy a lot of useful information will be generated for future reference.
Arka, I did not talk to anyone about the steering damper. Just saw it on the website and thought that it would be nice if I got it. I dont know the difference between the different types of steering geometry so did not know that it could not be fitted to my car. Was just wishful thinking on my part.

With regard to the lift, my limited knowledge on rear suspension geometry prevents me from understanding why an anti roll bar would prevent the lift from working. I have no idea why it wouldn't. I just believed it would, since it is called a "Lift kit" afterall.

I already have a thread about modifying my Endeavour for off roading, will update thread with all the information I have collected to date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
OT:

@Vishnu: That machine was in Chennai and owned by the TTK Group before if found its way to the present owner. Have driven it in Palar in 2007 with AC @ 80 kph on flat sands

It has solid axle COIL SPRINGS
Damn I was right! it is a beast! good thing it was flat stretch of sand and didn't have any boulders lying conspicuously in the middle eh Vikram?

by the way, is there a difference between a live axle and a solid axle? I have always thought they are one and the same. My endy has nothing but torsion bars and leaf springs. The lift kit is going to make the ride even more Jarring than it already is, sadly. All in the name of offroad performance though

The only possible saving grace is the Poly Urethane Bush kit that comes with the lift kit that will reduce some of the vibrations.
Old 18th October 2011, 17:46   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Arka, I did not talk to anyone about the steering damper. Just saw it on the website and thought that it would be nice if I got it. I dont know the difference between the different types of steering geometry so did not know that it could not be fitted to my car. Was just wishful thinking on my part.

With regard to the lift, my limited knowledge on rear suspension geometry prevents me from understanding why an anti roll bar would prevent the lift from working. I have no idea why it wouldn't. I just believed it would, since it is called a "Lift kit" afterall.

by the way, is there a difference between a live axle and a solid axle? I have always thought they are one and the same. My endy has nothing but torsion bars and leaf springs. The lift kit is going to make the ride even more Jarring than it already is, sadly. All in the name of offroad performance though

The only possible saving grace is the Poly Urethane Bush kit that comes with the lift kit that will reduce some of the vibrations.
Hi Vishnu,

Please check and confirm wrt to Steering Type.

Either it is Rack & Pinion (exclusive to IFS)

or Re-Circulating Ball Type. (Solid Axle & IFS)

The Stock Anti-Roll bar reduces the up and down travel of the axle, If you remove or elongate the Anti-Roll Bar you will gain 1-2" of Lift/Clearance and quite a lot of articulation in case of Solid Axle.

So if you use the Stock Anti-Roll Bar with a Lifted Suspension, the Suspension will just remain the same.

The Lift Kit has to use Longer Anti-Roll Bar Connects, only then the lift will be obvious or real.

Sway bar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Live Axle = Any Axle with a Differential (IFS or Solid Axle)

Solid Axle = Live axle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Regards,

Arka
ex670c is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2011, 22:45   #40
BHPian

Some more pics to give you some ideas for modification

Name:  74444_177587765590667_100000183336612_653403_7367528_n.jpg
Views: 5522
Size:  75.3 KB

Modifying my Endeavour 3.0 4x4 AT for Off Roading!-154561_177588112257299_100000183336612_653410_6692548_n.jpg

Modifying my Endeavour 3.0 4x4 AT for Off Roading!-155454_177587622257348_100000183336612_653400_2547161_n.jpg

Modifying my Endeavour 3.0 4x4 AT for Off Roading!-155683_177591095590334_100000183336612_653468_3926114_n.jpg

Pics flicked from vijis album. I guess it belongs to Patrol owner.
Old 18th October 2011, 23:01   #41
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by livyodream View Post
Did it improve the offroad performance of the Endy?
Old 18th October 2011, 23:13   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
I haven't seen this endy performing in particular. But looks out of the world.
OT : Right now it is in a used car showroom in kalyan nagar (beside chevy showroom). I guess the owner did not like the performance
Old 19th October 2011, 07:57   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Vishnu,

Please check and confirm wrt to Steering Type.

Re-Circulating Ball Type. (Solid Axle & IFS)

The Stock Anti-Roll bar reduces the up and down travel of the axle, If you remove or elongate the Anti-Roll Bar you will gain 1-2" of Lift/Clearance and quite a lot of articulation in case of Solid Axle.

So if you use the Stock Anti-Roll Bar with a Lifted Suspension, the Suspension will just remain the same.

The Lift Kit has to use Longer Anti-Roll Bar Connects, only then the lift will be obvious or real.

Regards,

Arka
Arka, thank you for that information! I knew the function of a sway bar and how it worked because I have been a fan of motor racing for ages and know how to set a car up for a track - 'in game' atleast. I have this racing simulator called iRacing which is the most realistic simulation in the world right now (that is available to public). Monthly subscription deal and I even have a steering wheel/pedal/gear shifter set to go along with it. So I take stuff pretty seriously
I just didnt think the sway bar would get in the way of the lift or didnt know how it would. I will definitely ask the ironman guy about this!

Is the sway bar not a problem for the front end IFS?

Steering type is Ball and nut btw so i'm guessing no possibility of steering damper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by livyodream View Post
Thanks for the pics! That is certainly a lifted Endeavour! I am not going to lift mine up that high though. Will just get the suspension lift from ironman, front bumper, rock sliders, underbody protection, and larger tyres as and when they become available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Thanks for moving the posts Samurai. Appreciate it. I will update this thread soon with all the info I have so others may benefit.
Old 19th October 2011, 08:34   #44
Senior - BHPian

Wow, I'm soon gonna witness a super duper endeavour: courtesy vishnu..

Glad you take the sport seriously
headers is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2011, 09:05   #45
BHPian

Quote:
If you remove or elongate the Anti-Roll Bar you will gain 1-2" of Lift/Clearance

Regards,

Arka
Arka would it be possible and advisable to remove the rear anti roll bar? I am seriously considering it. The new ironman leaf springs are stiffer that the stock springs so a roll bar would be less of a necessity. Please advise. I am aware of what not having a rear roll bar does to the handling of a car. It is much safer of an adjustment than removing the front anti roll bar. This will certainly improve the Endy's off road performance.

Maybe I can remove the front anti roll bar too? I have read in a couple places that once you have stiffer springs it is ok to remove the sway bars/anti roll bars front and rear as the stiffer springs will prevent excessive body roll. The car might not be able to make fast corners as it did before but it apparently results in much better ride quality and articulation. I dont zip around corners anyway so I dont consider that to be a hazard for me.

Will call Zac of ironman and ask him about this. I can always test out the handling and then if it is too unstable can just reinstalll the roll bars right?

Please advise? Should I remove just front / just rear / both.

Also just wanted to say Thank You for all the help so far. I really appreciate it. Now I'm REALLY looking forward to our next OTR

Last edited by Endeavour333 : 19th October 2011 at 09:22.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks