Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2017, 16:33   #91
BHPian

Re: Force Gurkha: G-Wagen Makeover

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
Brilliantly done. Hats off to your dedication

A couple of questions
1. Where did you source the OEM parts from?
2. If you are ok with it, what is the ballpark figure you spent on the entire project?

Cheers! And enjoy the monsoons
Yes all the parts are OEM Merc parts sourced and imported mainly from ebay, our total cost on this vehicle came up to 8.5 lakhs including freight charges and customs duties.
Anil Vincent is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th June 2017, 19:44   #92
BHPian

This mod job is one of the kind, kudos to you and the team who worked on it. The final product has come out magnificent.

Apart from the cosmetic change what are the engine mods you did (if you have done it) or else what do you plan for. Also waiting for your update after trying it off road. Good Luck... and once again beautiful job there.
Old 16th July 2017, 19:37   #93
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on this absolute "jaw-dropping" transformation of the Gurkha !! The body work has been carried out very well indeed. Kudos to the gentlemen responsible for the execution.

The steering wheel is on my "must change" list, and hopefully should not cost too much either. The other thing I thought was an eyesore in the otherwise well executed car is the rubber boot on the gear lever. I am sure that could be covered in leather. The grab handle on the dash for the front passenger, also looked out of place to me.

But having said the above - I want to reiterate that it is an amazing piece of work overall, the exterior exceeding expectation !

Great project - enjoy your new "G"

Cheers
Old 17th July 2017, 09:48   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anil Vincent View Post
Indian G - during one of the drives, location near to Athirapally Falls, Kerala.
Hey Anil,

It is a very close effort with such a clean outcome. I join others in congratulating you and your craftsmen for getting it done. My place is near Thripunithura and I recognize this workshop from one of my travel in search of empty wide open places where our 4x4s can stretch their muscles. If I may, there's this suggestion to change the OEM bonnet cover to G-Wagon's as it gives out the completeness that the rest of the front fascia provides. Below pic would give you a quick reminder.

Force Gurkha: G-Wagen Makeover-maxresdefault-g-wagon.jpg

regards,
winsler

Last edited by winsler_srider : 17th July 2017 at 09:49.
winsler_srider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2017, 21:46   #95
BHPian

As I started this thread, there was two Gurkha’s to be transformed to G Wagon which probably all had forgotten now!

Sometimes sudden name and fame makes people big-headed, creates attitudes and makes them forget where the name and fame has come from, same has happened with the fabricators who build the first Gurkha, despite all the six months we waited, all the efforts we put in, paying them three times than what they committed initially, still they believe the build was a loss for them, sadly Marvel motor was almost reluctant in taking up the second one, but today I feel so happy and proud that it had happened that way .
Attached Thumbnails
Force Gurkha: G-Wagen Makeover-_dsc0544.jpg  

Force Gurkha: G-Wagen Makeover-_dsc0533.jpg  

Force Gurkha: G-Wagen Makeover-_dsc0545.jpg  

Force Gurkha: G-Wagen Makeover-_dsc0572.jpg  

Force Gurkha: G-Wagen Makeover-_dsc0564.jpg  

Last edited by GTO : 19th September 2017 at 09:46. Reason: PM coming up
Anil Vincent is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 15th September 2017, 22:25   #96
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Anil - the outcome is amazing. At first glance - and even second glance - you would easily mistake this for a genuine G55. Glad to know that the previous workshops attitude did not hold you back in pursuing your dream. Would be good to have both the Gs in one frame.
v12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2017, 01:40   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As I started this thread, there was two Gurkha’s to be transformed to G Wagon which probably all had forgotten now!
This is spectacular. Thanks for sharing the photos, and pass on my regards to your team as well for a stellar job. If your earlier account is anything to go by, I am fairly certain that you'll have photos of the job in progress. When you get the time, share it with us, we look forward to it .

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Would be good to have both the Gs in one frame
I had the exact same thought. While we wait for Anil, I've made rough side-by-side comparison shots for the the two versions based on the photos in the thread. There are many subtle (and obvious) differences, but the second version is significantly closer to the original G-Wagen.

Force Gurkha: G-Wagen Makeover-1.jpg

Force Gurkha: G-Wagen Makeover-2.jpeg

Force Gurkha: G-Wagen Makeover-3.jpeg

Force Gurkha: G-Wagen Makeover-4.jpeg
Amartya is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 16th September 2017, 08:29   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

My god! Subscribed just for those lusty pictures! What a fantastic build! The second one is infinitely better than the first. That paint job is delicious!
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2017, 18:36   #99
BHPian

Anil. kalakki

It looks fabulous.

Credit to the good folks who have taken up the challenge and executed it to high standards. Would it be possible to drop the ride height a bit or was that intentional ?

More pictures please.
batterylow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2017, 19:27   #100
Team-BHP Support

Your second one is simply awesome

Last edited by GTO : 19th September 2017 at 09:47. Reason: Quoted post edited
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2017, 22:23   #101
Senior - BHPian

First the compliments. The second attempt has come out much much better! Almost as good as the original.

Now for a stupid question.

How will this vehicle be recorded in the RC? Will there be issues as the vehicle does not resemble the one that was registered?
honeybee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2017, 22:26   #102
Senior - BHPian

Dear Anil Vincent

I wish Force Motors would be humble enough to be able to learn fit and finish from one of their customers.

That is a mind-boggling makeover.

Last edited by GTO : 19th September 2017 at 09:48. Reason: Removing company name as member is commercially affiliated to it
Steeroid is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th September 2017, 20:56   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Would be good to have both the Gs in one frame.
The first G is with Mr. Biju at his residence in Kannur, very soon I will be getting both on same frame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
I am fairly certain that you'll have photos of the job in progress. When you get the time, share it with us, we look forward to it
Yes i have some time lapse photos of work in progress, very soon will combine it to an interesting time lapse video of rebuild.

Quote:
Originally Posted by batterylow View Post
Would it be possible to drop the ride height a bit or was that intentional ?
Yes we had the suspension height increased to the maximum, no any mechanical modifications done only the front torsion bar released to its max height.

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
How will this vehicle be recorded in the RC? Will there be issues as the vehicle does not resemble the one that was registered?
The color change is endorsed in the RC book, i enquired with local RTO to endorse the modification, however there is no provision to endorse such cosmetic additions.

Last edited by GTO : 19th September 2017 at 09:48. Reason: As per PM
Anil Vincent is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th September 2017, 21:17   #104
BHPian

There are not much changes and addition done on interiors, the basic interiors are revamped for better ride comfort and reduced NVH levels, seats are reshaped with new art leather covers, all interior plastic trims are wrapped, new roof linings and proper floor carpeting installed, also we used a combination of sound deadening and damping sheets of upto 12 mm thickness and the result is amazing.

Gurkha now offer a very comfortable ride, it tackles any bad roads or off road terrains with no more bounce and bumps to the passengers, the interiors are totally free from any rattling, engine noise and vibrations.

Here are the interior photos,
Attached Thumbnails
Force Gurkha: G-Wagen Makeover-_dsc0598.jpg  

Force Gurkha: G-Wagen Makeover-_dsc0599.jpg  

Force Gurkha: G-Wagen Makeover-_dsc0588.jpg  

Force Gurkha: G-Wagen Makeover-_dsc0610.jpg  

Anil Vincent is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 18th September 2017, 07:22   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Gurkha now offer a very comfortable ride, it tackles any bad roads or off road terrains with no more bounce and bumps to the passengers, the interiors are totally free from any rattling, engine noise and vibrations.
Here are the interior photos,
The work you've done with the Gurkha somehow leaves me with mixed emotions. Joy at the high quality work you've done to transform this machine, and frustration at the missed opportunity by Force Motors.
Anyway, the interiors of this version looks great. Understated and premium; darn close to perfect!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks