|2nd May 2008, 15:29||#1|
Join Date: Apr 2008
Thanked: 82 Times
Looking for a IInd Hand Gypsy - Suggestions Required
I am looking for a IInd hand Gypsy in decent condition. I need your suggestions as to what I should look for while getting into the IInd hand market hunting for the Gypsy. I want to make sure that the 4WD should be working in perfect condition as I intend to take it off road.
Couple of queries...
1. I want to install AC in it as I am planning to use it regularly for office and household work too. Can AC be installed while keeping the Soft Top in-tact ? How drastically would it affect the fuel efficiency?
2. Since I would be using it for Regular use also, I am planning to install RTO Certified LPG kit. Is it feasible? How safe would it be to use the vehicle off road with the LPG kit installed (I would of course shift to Petrol while off roading). Also, can I use the LPG while on Road with the AC on, how much of a power drop can I expect in such a situation.
3. What are the main points to be looked at while looking at the IInd hand Gypsy? How readily are the spares available as Maruti manufactures Gypsy only on orders for the Civilians.
4. I have checked couple of automotive websites where 1992, 1994 model Gypsies are priced between 1.25 - 1.5 lacs. How good is this deal? How much can I negotiate ?
5. I would like to plonk in a front facing bench seat at the back. I really don't want my co-passengers to curse me while they are sitting at the back on the unforgiving side faced benches. Is this change possible?
Please help me out with this.
|2nd May 2008, 15:59||#2|
Distinguished - BHPian
Join Date: Feb 2004
Thanked: 2,667 Times