Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2009, 17:00   #16
Sha
BHPian

pepsi bottle is tied to fluid bottle. it looks like some permanent solution for some problem.
Old 9th January 2009, 17:21   #17
BANNED

I think the engine has just been dropped into the engine bay and since the fuel lines have not yet being connected it is a stop gap method to drive the vehicle to some place to complete the rest of the job..

Heck i am just speculating..
Old 9th January 2009, 17:46   #18
BHPian

That Green wire just looks like a loose wire, maybe an earth.

Eitherway - Chargerman i hope you not driving that car around like that.
Old 9th January 2009, 21:06   #19
BHPian

hi guys.. Some amazing speculations i must say! The engine was just dropped back in after a complete rebuild with all brand new parts including crankshaft and
Old 9th January 2009, 21:12   #20
BHPian

hi guys.. Some amazing speculations i must say! The engine was just dropped back in after a complete rebuild with all brand new parts including crankshaft and pistons rings and bearings. It has been reconnected and cleaned up. I've got a new radiator waitin to go in once i've run the engine in. Running smooth and nice, its got a cng kit which i dont know if i'll use so might remove. Future plans include, complete stripping and respray, new bumpers, lights, glasses, channels, tires, remove roof, padded black bars at the back. Mostly stock but with that fat bad look. It has to match my other 4x4's in the stable- my nissan patrol, pajero and landrover defender. It'll be great i'm sure. Just need to know what color to paint her. Any suggestions? I was wanting that shiny army green i saw in calcutta recently.. Will keep u all posted. Regards
Old 9th January 2009, 22:05   #21
BHPian

some pics : i never knew the MG410W was made, i thought the wide track started with the 1.3 king..but i guess i was wrong.. this is a 96 MG410W Hardtop Export model.
bumper fell off while being towed in and a bump:

Old 9th January 2009, 22:09   #22
BHPian

guys i need one more thing desperately which i couldnt locate in kolkata, the chrome rim embellisher that sits on the original wheels...where can i find this? just let me know and i will have it!!!! i quite like the stock wheels, i will change the tires to a set i have off my nissan pickup, 235/75/15 hope it fits good.
Old 10th January 2009, 10:35   #23
Senior - BHPian

Chargerman,

Instead of chrome rim embellisher, go for chrome plating, this will give protection against corroding of rims.

Some of the modifications can suggest;

- Take off the hard top hood and instal soft top
- Change the tyres to 235/75/r15 All terrain tyres - Good year/Micheline/Yokohoma/Maxis/ BF Goodrich/ Bridgestone
- check the 4 X 4 WD working
- Put the original front bumper back
- Get the CNG kit done again.

You are ready for the show. Gypsy is a formidable off roader. check Suzuki_gyspy-india in yahoo groups and register

Dwarak
Old 10th January 2009, 13:27   #24
BHPian

you have taken the first important step of your maintenance schedule ,WASHING!!
Old 10th January 2009, 20:18   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaraka View Post
Chargerman,

Instead of chrome rim embellisher, go for chrome plating, this will give protection against corroding of rims.

Some of the modifications can suggest;

- Take off the hard top hood and instal soft top
- Change the tyres to 235/75/r15 All terrain tyres - Good year/Micheline/Yokohoma/Maxis/ BF Goodrich/ Bridgestone
- check the 4 X 4 WD working
- Put the original front bumper back
- Get the CNG kit done again.

You are ready for the show. Gypsy is a formidable off roader. check Suzuki_gyspy-india in yahoo groups and register

Dwarak
i like all your suggestions dwarak! and i have taken them all except for the wheel chroming which is more prone to corroding, i think i will just paint them with a coat of lacquer for now!
Today 10/01: car given in for body work and paint, removal of roof, i really need the military green paint code now...
Old 11th January 2009, 12:43   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargerman View Post
i like all your suggestions dwarak! and i have taken them all except for the wheel chroming which is more prone to corroding, i think i will just paint them with a coat of lacquer for now!
Today 10/01: car given in for body work and paint, removal of roof, i really need the military green paint code now...

Chargerman,

Go to any auto paint mixer/ vendor. Ask him to show colour shade catalogue and identify the right code. ICI auto paints will have these shadesb for sure

Dwarak
Old 11th January 2009, 16:56   #27
BHPian

thanks, have decided on British Racing Green now!!
Old 11th January 2009, 16:57   #28
BHPian

can anyone help me source the best quality BLACK soft top and the chrome wheel trim?
Old 11th January 2009, 18:26   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Yes. you can put in extra leafs. but this will make the ride more harsh. Other way is to put in increased body mount spacers (10 of them required) or increased shackle length.
No sir, please dont add extra springs, Gypsy has a hard suspension setup as is!

Just re-camber the leaf and fit them back. Change all bushes and Shackles if necessary and lubricate them.
Old 11th January 2009, 22:04   #30
BHPian

headers sir i was looking for you brother, need to know where you bought your wheel trim from? I used to live in bangalore from 01-03. Can i fine it there?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks