Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2010, 22:55   #316
BHPian

hi all , Mandeep aka renege should be given thumbs up for setting up soumens jeep. its because of him the jeep is what it is today .
We were travelling with soumen and it was great to see the jeep perform flawlessly.
My jeep same setup by soumens is done by mandeep and still in its initial stage its performing brilliantly. will post pics as soon as its completed
Attached Thumbnails
The story of my jeep: MM 440-imag0202.jpg  

The story of my jeep: MM 440-imag0203.jpg  

Old 18th August 2010, 09:40   #317
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejeshmp View Post
Your Jeep is really a “JEEP THING” everything in a perfect manner. Amazing picture of a beautiful Jeep and nature I can feel the trill of driving from your photos. It’s really a “Owner’s Pride and Neighbor’s Envy “.
Thanks a lot for the kind words, but as they say, work in a jeep never stops. So probably some more things are going to be there in future to make it even more perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
...Why are you thinking of this mod when your Jeep is performing so well? Please don't even try this. Not worth the effort.
Spike
If you are referring to me, then i am not even thinking about this even in distant future...!!! If i would 've concerned about the ride quality, would 've gone for a 2nd hand bolero in stead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahultomahawk View Post
hi all , Mandeep aka renege should be given thumbs up for setting up soumens jeep. its because of him the jeep is what it is today..
Its a well-known fact to those following the thread right from the beginning! Just noticed the thread has been running for around 1 and half years.
Quote:
We were travelling with soumen and it was great to see the jeep perform flawlessly...
There was a small hiccup towards the end of the trip between Drass & kargil when you were at Leh.
Old 18th August 2010, 11:37   #318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandisa View Post
There was a small hiccup towards the end of the trip between Drass & kargil when you were at Leh.
The small hiccup was all because of human error.Another lesson learnt.
Old 18th August 2010, 13:52   #319
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegade View Post
Yup mentioned it already, it was another key learning experience learnt the hard way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandisa View Post
...Towards the end of the journey once there was a problem of oil coming to the plugs. But this happened due to our mistake of putting some engine oil in leh!.....
Here is the 4th set of pics:

Few more shots at Pangong

The story of my jeep: MM 440-p1.jpg

The story of my jeep: MM 440-p2.jpg

The story of my jeep: MM 440-p3.jpg

The story of my jeep: MM 440-p4.jpg

The story of my jeep: MM 440-p5.jpg

The story of my jeep: MM 440-p6.jpg

Chang la during the return journey.

The story of my jeep: MM 440-ch_1.jpg

At shakti after getting down
The story of my jeep: MM 440-karu.jpg

During the return journey through Kargil-Srinagar route. Roads were fabulous till certain distance after Nimmu.

The story of my jeep: MM 440-dsc07967.jpg

The story of my jeep: MM 440-dsc08052.jpg

The story of my jeep: MM 440-dsc08055.jpg

At Gurudwara Patthar Sahib
The story of my jeep: MM 440-pathhar-sahib.jpg

At magnetic hill
The story of my jeep: MM 440-magnetic-hill.jpg

The beautiful village of Nimmu which was also damaged badly in the cloudburst
The story of my jeep: MM 440-nimmu.jpg

Was stuck for couple of hours at a small village
The story of my jeep: MM 440-jam.jpg

At fotu la, highest point on the Leh-Srinagar highway

The story of my jeep: MM 440-fotu-la.jpg

Jeep with the historic kargil battlefield (tololing peak) at the backdrop
The story of my jeep: MM 440-kargil.jpg

The story of my jeep: MM 440-tololing.jpg
Old 18th August 2010, 17:27   #320

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegade View Post
Yes, as Kandisa already has mentioned it, that small hiccup paved the way not only to learn some 'technical' lesson but other related lessons also!
Old 18th August 2010, 18:13   #321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelaholic View Post
Yes, as Kandisa already has mentioned it, that small hiccup paved the way not only to learn some 'technical' lesson but other related lessons also!
And that is?Can you please elaborate other lessons learnt by you?would be helpful for others as well.

cheers
Old 18th August 2010, 18:24   #322
BHPian

Kandisa,

Your jeep and the expedition, both superb. This much fun should be illegal.
Old 18th August 2010, 21:43   #323
BHPian

soumen nice thrid set of pics ..too bad we missed the last leg of the expedition
Old 18th August 2010, 23:05   #324
BHPian

Kandisa, hats off to you, started from looking for a Jeep that could take you to your office over the pot holes to a impeccabaly done Jeep gliding in the lap of Himalayas

shall I call you the Jeep Yogi!!, as the progression is no less than a story of a Jeep Yogi

very organised, very meticulous and super patient not once loosing the track and taking the sight of the destination, and even more so, raising the bar after every mile stone, considering your original plan

you have certainly inspired me to tread the Jeep Way!! now, start slow but finish strong

Kandisa, I would also like to really thank your mentors, without them this would not had been possible, so now for me the first task would be to find my mentors here in Pune

god speed!!

Last edited by Anupam : 18th August 2010 at 23:07.
Old 19th August 2010, 13:21   #325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLOCT View Post
Kandisa,
Your jeep and the expedition, both superb. This much fun should be illegal.
Lol...! Well to be frank enough, things were not that funny when we were in the destinations. For example, the shots at Pangong are lifetime memories, but the conditions faced in crossing Chang la was dreadful both for the human beings and the vehicles!

Quote:
soumen nice thrid set of pics ..too bad we missed the last leg of the expedition
Yes the Leh-Kargil - Srinagar stretch has its own beauty and significance not to mention the Zoji la.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anupam View Post
Kandisa, hats off to you, started from looking for a Jeep that could take you to your office over the pot holes to a impeccabaly done Jeep gliding in the lap of Himalayas
Thanks a lot. The statement brings back memories of the earlier days when somehow the jeep bug hit me. Though i had always the plan to do off-beat travel in this jeep, to be frank enough, never thought concretely that time that a Leh journey would be done someday in this vehicle.

Quote:
..shall I call you the Jeep Yogi!!, as the progression is no less than a story of a Jeep Yogi
very organised, very meticulous and super patient not once loosing the track and taking the sight of the destination, and even more so, raising the bar after every mile stone, considering your original plan..
I am really moved by your comments though i am just a normal person, almost illiterate about automobile technicals but rigorously passionate about the jeep. Undoubtedly Patience is probably the most important word in a wannabe jeeper's vocabulary! More so when you are hell bent on modifying the Jeep to a reliable standard and make it unique in its own terms. There are times when it gets tested to the limit, but then when you get to see the final outcomes, it feels so worthy. Living with the 'Jeep thing' is really something different!

Quote:
...you have certainly inspired me to tread the Jeep Way!! now, start slow but finish strong
I am honoured if this account inspires you. Looking back, few threads in this very forum inspired me one day to go for a Jeep. One major inspiration of the Leh journey was the travel done by late 'Alpha_kilo' in his jeep with the windshield down!

Quote:
..Kandisa, I would also like to really thank your mentors, without them this would not had been possible, so now for me the first task would be to find my mentors here in Pune
god speed!!
This is an eternal truth; time and again i 've expressed my gratitudes for the same and also tried to do whatever miniscule i could at my end. Yes it does make sense to find a mentor 1st and then go for the final decision. With so many esteemed jeepers from Mumbai & Pune, i am sure there will be ample no of people to help and guide you. Wish you all the luck for a wonderful experience with jeeps in time to come.
Old 19th August 2010, 14:18   #326
Senior - BHPian

Soumen, Your Jeep and the location both are perfect combination. I have been disconnected from your thread for some times, lots of things have happened in this gap. Great work buddy.
Old 7th September 2010, 11:09   #327
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trammway View Post
Soumen, Your Jeep and the location both are perfect combination. I have been disconnected from your thread for some times, lots of things have happened in this gap. Great work buddy.
Thanks man. Yes this region of the Himalayas are one of those dream places to take a Jeep. Feeling lucky that we were able to do that. Nice to see the actions of your Toyotas off late.

Few more pics of the Leh trip:

In a stretch enroute khoksar
The story of my jeep: MM 440-img_5186.jpg

Mandeep drove the jeep from somewhere before Barlacha la till the start of Tanglang la as slower speed, uneasiness & acidity (thanks to a horriblle maggi at Pang!) were some of the factors affecting me. And driving the Jeep up the Tanglang la amidst drizzle, cold and darkness at 8 o'clock at night in a semi-conscious state was the most horrifying experience of the trip for me. Snaps between Barlachala & Pang:

The story of my jeep: MM 440-dsc07064.jpg

The story of my jeep: MM 440-dsc07066.jpg

The story of my jeep: MM 440-dsc07188.jpg

The story of my jeep: MM 440-img_5226.jpg

More plains in the rain
The story of my jeep: MM 440-dsc07224.jpg

Condition of the jeep after reaching Leh at night
The story of my jeep: MM 440-dsc07233.jpg

The story of my jeep: MM 440-dsc07235.jpg

Chang la during the return journey, the jeep needed to be towed for around half a km just before the top due to sudden & drastic drop in oxygen level
The story of my jeep: MM 440-ch_2.jpg

Soldiers of the 106 medium artillary division of Indian Army who helped us out in the middle of nowhere between Kargil & Dras when the jeep had the only hitch of the journey (due to the reason mentioned before, our mistake!), and the brave lady who belongs to the rare class of females (if any at all!) travelling to Leh in a soft top Jeep and instrumental for the rescue

The story of my jeep: MM 440-soldiers.jpg

At Zojila War memorial
The story of my jeep: MM 440-zojila-memorial.jpg

Zoji la, though the height is lesser than the other renowned passes, the wide open view of the narrow roads feels unnerving, at least that happened with a newbie like me
The story of my jeep: MM 440-zoji-la.jpg

Near Udhampur, Jammu
The story of my jeep: MM 440-jammu.jpg

The story of my jeep: MM 440-dsc08378.jpg

And finally reaching home with the Jeep successfully completing the long & tough journey very very few jeeps have been able to do till now
The story of my jeep: MM 440-home2.jpg

The story of my jeep: MM 440-home.jpg
Old 7th September 2010, 22:25   #328
BHPian

great set of pictures Soumen ..Loved to have completed the last stage with you all , it was fun travelling with all of you during the journey and also the drive from pangong to changla top was memorable. It was fun driving your Jeep. Smita , Myself and Antara still relish the Moments spent and the entire journey.
Old 8th September 2010, 06:42   #329
BHPian

Wow kandisa!! Such a wonderful travelogue and beautiful pics. Congrats on your amazing drive! Iam really inspired to buy a jeep now..I have done many rides on my Bullet but this seems another great way to experience the mighty himalayas.
Old 8th September 2010, 12:18   #330
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
great set of pictures Soumen .....It was fun driving your Jeep. Smita , Myself and Antara still relish the Moments spent and the entire journey.
Thanks Rahul. Same here, we too will remember this journey forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhkris View Post
Wow kandisa!! Such a wonderful travelogue and beautiful pics. Congrats on your amazing drive! Iam really inspired to buy a jeep now..I have done many rides on my Bullet but this seems another great way to experience the mighty himalayas.
Thanks a lot. You are absloutely right, travelling in the Himalayas in a silent petrol Jeep is another kind of lifetime experience as doing the same in bullets. By the way, just saw your signature, seems you are not far away from getting a jeep now. All the best and go ahead.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks