Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2010, 11:53   #226
Senior - BHPian

OOps its my turn to get surprised. I expected a decently good finishing, but what has come out is something out of my own expectation. Can't wait to see the thing in person!
Old 19th January 2010, 11:57   #227
Senior - BHPian

Very neat work and excellent finish. However it looks like your approach angle is going to be way less now. What are the hooks in front. Are they strong enough to handle your jeeps weight?
Old 19th January 2010, 12:05   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyobeb View Post
Very neat work and excellent finish. However it looks like your approach angle is going to be way less now. What are the hooks in front. Are they strong enough to handle your jeeps weight?
Bigger tyres and lift kits are coming soon,ontop of that we are not climbing rocks on this,i have other vehicle to do that.The most important thing which we listed out since ever is that this vehicle was not designed for "hardcore off-roading",but for long distance travel,so keeping that in mind we have come up with what you see.I had a specific design in my mind which is covering mine and kandisa's need,It is not completely built for only OTRs.
Old 19th January 2010, 12:14   #229
BHPian

Quote:
What are the hooks in front. Are they strong enough to handle your jeeps weight?
I think you can visually see the thickness of the material,its been tig welded from both sides mate an i hope you know the strength of TIG unlike argon or any other welding.It is a high tensile material and was case hardened before machining it to specific design.
Old 19th January 2010, 12:20   #230
BHPian

Thats a good looking bumper.
Good job, Mandeep.
Old 19th January 2010, 12:22   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandisa View Post
Thanks guys. The best part is its not that heavy as it looks to be and yet strengthwise is in the best category.

Spot on, its getting painted in matt black only, the same colour as the chassis.
Hi

Thats what exactly my idea too... Here is a picture of the same style which I have in my collection with a SS/Chrome bull bar.

Renagade hope u are copying the same design here

Sali
Attached Thumbnails
The story of my jeep: MM 440-highrock_4x4_stainless.jpg  

Last edited by Salikt : 19th January 2010 at 12:30.
Old 19th January 2010, 12:34   #232
BHPian

Wow Somen! What a jeep this is turning out to be. it is a real head turner.

Mandeep - excellent job bro! You should put this bumber in to mass production. I am sure other jeepwers would want one!!

Cheers
Ankit
Old 19th January 2010, 12:42   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salikt View Post
Hi

Thats what exactly my idea too... Here is a picture of the same style which I have in my collection with a SS/Chrome bull bar.

Renagade hope u are copying the same design here

Sali
Nope,I dont copy,I make my own cad drawings,but the usual designs are the same,the pic you attached has entirely different construction my friend.I dont like to copy at all,my bumper design has different angles and my hook mounts are different from the one you attached,the bumper ends are way too high reaching the fender,mine does not,i design specifically for a vehicle and its need,if i had to copy,i would have made it in few days rather than few months(as i was busy too).
Old 19th January 2010, 12:58   #234
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Ankit and vaibhav. Good to know you liked it.
Quote:
Thanks and yes the approach angle will be affected to some extent. But with the plans as mandeep mentioned hopefully it will be resolved. More importantly, as it was already mentioned, we never planned to make it an offroad specific vehicle. A petrol 3b with hurricane would 've been the choice in that case and it was available also. This jeep is supposed to be more of an allrounder multi-purpose reliable jeep which can go places and explore the less travelled ones with least issues.
Regarding the hooks in the front, here are some pictures i have. Rest has already been clarified by mandeep:

The story of my jeep: MM 440-dsc00672.jpg

The story of my jeep: MM 440-dsc00673.jpg

The story of my jeep: MM 440-dsc00674.jpg

The story of my jeep: MM 440-dsc00675.jpg

The story of my jeep: MM 440-dsc00676.jpg
Old 19th January 2010, 13:07   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotzuk View Post
Thats a good looking bumper.
Good job, Mandeep.
Thank you vaibhav,yours too looks good.
Old 19th January 2010, 14:00   #236
BHPian

Nice lookin bumper. After the winch & a pair of Hellas on the bullbar, your jeep will look great. BTW Are you planning for SPOA?
Old 19th January 2010, 14:18   #237

Hi Kandisa,

Amazing thread and am amazing job on the jeep.

I read the entire thread from the beginning till the end and the final look of the jeep literally speaks for itself. I love the bumper and the simplistic style of the jeep.

I don't blame other ppl oogling at your jeep. I too was like...damn thats a nice jeep
Old 19th January 2010, 14:27   #238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad_maniac View Post
...After the winch & a pair of Hellas on the bullbar, your jeep will look great. BTW Are you planning for SPOA?
The bumper has been fabricated with the option of mounting a winch in future at appropriate place. But at least for now, no winch is going to be there because of cash crunch. Fog lamps will be on very soon, i mean really really soon!
And no SPOA in planning, it has become quite common

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab3d View Post
...Amazing thread and am amazing job on the jeep.....I love the bumper and the simplistic style of the jeep.
Thanks a lot. Throughout the build-up the motto was to keep it simple,subtle not loud yet elegant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab3d View Post
I don't blame other ppl oogling at your jeep. I too was like...damn thats a nice jeep
Haha getting habituated with that. Though this is not too flashy but can't deny that the Jeep has an amazing road presence. Now with the bumper in place its going to be even more i guess.

Last edited by Kandisa : 19th January 2010 at 14:36. Reason: Additions
Old 19th January 2010, 14:55   #239
BHPian

Kandaisa,

Does the indicators are invisible a bit from the front view becoz of the bull bar?

Sali
Old 19th January 2010, 15:02   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salikt View Post
Kandaisa,

Does the indicators are invisible a bit from the front view becoz of the bull bar?

Sali
nope,they are visible,it seems like from the pic actually.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks