Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2009, 10:36   #196
BHPian

Hi Soumen,

The Jeep looks just amazing !!!!!!!!!!!!

Mandeep has done an awesome job to it. Hopefully mine too should be on road end of this month and then we can all plan a small outing.

Cheers !!!!!!!!!!!

Randeep
Old 7th September 2009, 10:48   #197
Senior - BHPian

Soumen,

Superb color and excellent finish.

Currently I can see that the front side of your rollover bar on the support of windshield and for Safety reasons please remove it as soon as possible. Any impact (forget about rolling) but even if a strong branch hitting the roll bar during reversal may directly create impact on the windshield and leading to windshield glass break. The same thing can even create major issues if the Jeep topple for some reason.

The story of my jeep: MM 440-seat-2.jpg

I would strongly suggest having your rollover bar in the front with its own legs which can land in the body tub, something similar to this picture here.

The story of my jeep: MM 440-0109_4wd_01_zjeep_tj_roll_cagejeep_cage.jpg

Last edited by trammway : 7th September 2009 at 10:52.
Old 7th September 2009, 15:14   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trammway View Post
Soumen,

Superb color and excellent finish.

Currently I can see that the front side of your rollover bar on the support of windshield and for Safety reasons please remove it as soon as possible. Any impact (forget about rolling) but even if a strong branch hitting the roll bar during reversal may directly create impact on the windshield and leading to windshield glass break. The same thing can even create major issues if the Jeep topple for some reason.

Attachment 186351

I would strongly suggest having your rollover bar in the front with its own legs which can land in the body tub, something similar to this picture here.

Attachment 186350
trammway this is a temporary setup,the actual roll-cage is yet to fabricated as we could not find a good bender here,i will be taking the jeep to my factory in punjab soon for the roof,bumpers,sliders,and ofcourse the roll-cage.After my extensive briefing to the vendor,he still fabricated the rollcage wrongly.so we going to take it apart and do it up again,that is why we are not taking the rig out for offroading at all.

cheers

renegade

Last edited by renegade : 7th September 2009 at 15:16.
Old 7th September 2009, 15:51   #199
BHPian

Kandisa,
Amazing is not the word.
One look at the jeep would make me want to meet the owner.

Congrats.

Regards,
Krishna.
Old 7th September 2009, 16:42   #200
BHPian

Fantastico !

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittigadu View Post
Kandisa,
Amazing is not the word.
One look at the jeep would make me want to meet the owner.

Congrats.

Regards,
Krishna.
Hi Krishna,
In that case you should meet up two people, kandisa/soumen the owner and renegade/mandeep who helped soumen to restore his 440 and achieve his dream. Kudos to both of you guys. Excellent job!

I totally agree with Krishna. Amazing is not the word for this Jeep.

So I would say FANTASTICO !!! howzzat?

cheers
Jeep Captain aka Shibu
Old 7th September 2009, 16:54   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepCaptain View Post
Hi Krishna,
In that case you should meet up two people, kandisa/soumen the owner and renegade/mandeep who helped soumen to restore his 440 and achieve his dream. Kudos to both of you guys. Excellent job!

I totally agree with Krishna. Amazing is not the word for this Jeep.

So I would say FANTASTICO !!! howzzat?

cheers
Jeep Captain aka Shibu
thanks a ton jeep captain for your kind words,but this does not mean that you are not bringing me parts for my cruiser
Old 7th September 2009, 18:26   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandisa View Post
After driving the jeep on road for a few hundred kilometers, last two weekends me and wifey decided to try out the 4x4 mechanism. So we woke up early in the morning and drove through the surrounding areas of our sector where we can try this out without catching much of attention! Though finally it so happened almost all of the handful of vehicles which were passing by, stopped or slowed down to see what was on..! After all thats not a very familiar site for everyone! The most hilarious was: two guys in Accent stopped and thought some accident has taken place and the vehicle has accidentally climbed this way! Here are a couple of pics to share.

Finally a snap in the rains
-regards,
the jeep in rain is the best photo of the lot!

congrats on running in of your and getting it used to its real environment!

what sector those photos are from?
Old 7th September 2009, 18:32   #203
Senior - BHPian

Wow, fantastic Jeep. I can see the quality of work. Neatly executed project. Cheers.
Old 8th September 2009, 10:59   #204
Senior - BHPian

Thanks everyone for your comments.
@Ankit,surely will land up in the OTR in the winters.
@randeep, you have been fortunate to get your work done at such a state-of-the-art garage. We got our paint done on the roadside! Surely your jeep is going to come out as a stunner
@trammway, thanks. As mandeep has already told, this was exactly the kind of design we wanted for the roll bar and he also designed the same in 3d. But you need good bender to pull it off properly. Things will be sorted out very soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittigadu View Post
...Amazing is not the word.
One look at the jeep would make me want to meet the owner..
Thanks a ton krishna. This one came up after stages of patient build up. Not everyone is as lucky as you to get an almost new army spec civilian registered jeep
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepCaptain
...So I would say FANTASTICO !!! howzzat?
Thats classy i must say...Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
...what sector those photos are from?
The locations are at sector 62 and back of sector 61.
Old 8th September 2009, 11:51   #205
BHPian

Great Work!!

Hi Soumen,

Great !!! Awesome!!!

Short of words!!! Great work and committment I must say. Your Jeep looks so clean and neat and flawless!!!

Keep it up and Enjoy the drive.

Tarkesh
Old 10th September 2009, 10:33   #206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_3007 View Post
....Your Jeep looks so clean and neat and flawless!!!....
Thanks a ton Tarkesh. Thing is that the jeep accumulated a good amount of dust when the 1st sets of pics were taken. But even i was surprised to see it much cleaner in the pics Should be thankful to my wife for the photography skills which she is trying to develop.

But i am thinking now to keep it not so clean while out on the roads. It draws too much of attention and sometimes 'buri nazar' of people..! Last weekend, i was standing on the red light and two brand new PRADO s stopped by my left side. The owner of the 1st one rolled down the window and kept on staring at the jeep with almost the whole of his upper part of the body out! This continued till the signal turned green. And the moment i crossed the red light, my accelerator cable snapped!!! (Though later it was found it happened due to friction and there was no grease on the entry point to the firewall)
Old 10th September 2009, 10:46   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a ton Tarkesh. Thing is that the jeep accumulated a good amount of dust when the 1st sets of pics were taken. But even i was surprised to see it much cleaner in the pics Should be thankful to my wife for the photography skills which she is trying to develop.

But i am thinking now to keep it not so clean while out on the roads. It draws too much of attention and sometimes 'buri nazar' of people..! Last weekend, i was standing on the red light and two brand new PRADO s stopped by my left side. The owner of the 1st one rolled down the window and kept on staring at the jeep with almost the whole of his upper part of the body out! This continued till the signal turned green. And the moment i crossed the red light, my accelerator cable snapped!!! (Though later it was found it happened due to friction and there was no grease on the entry point to the firewall)
This jeep is a real show stunner and people will definitely gaze at it. Better get used to it.
Old 10th September 2009, 11:40   #208
BHPian

Sir Ji - use nimbu & mirchi for 'Buri nazar' - traditional Indian solution!

cheers
Ankit
Old 10th September 2009, 12:42   #209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSlow View Post
Sir Ji - use nimbu & mirchi for 'Buri nazar' - traditional Indian solution!
Yeah i initially thought to do so but then dropped the idea because it wouldn't have looked nice. And thought that may be the divine blessings (offered a puja) would keep the 'evils' away! But now i am thinking to do it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4 loaded
This jeep is a real show stunner and people will definitely gaze at it. Better get used to it...
Well i am getting used to it, but in no way i want to get stalled somewhere because of any devilish gaze....!
Old 10th September 2009, 13:53   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Yeah i initially thought to do so but then dropped the idea because it wouldn't have looked nice. And thought that may be the divine blessings (offered a puja) would keep the 'evils' away! But now i am thinking to do it...

Well i am getting used to it, but in no way i want to get stalled somewhere because of any devilish gaze....!
well kandisa,you need to get used to or else the best you could do as ankit mentioned,a mirchi and nimbus,but there is a catch to it how you install it on the jeep.One mirchi in the middle and two nimbus on either sides of mirch mounted below it on front bumper,then nobody will mess with the jeep.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks