Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2010, 15:09   #286
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandisa View Post
Ankit, thanks a lot. Just to remember this was the initial condition:
Soumen, Whenever I see your Jeep. Why do I feel that I am kind of attached to it. Is it because I have her original heart??

Excellent pics. Hearty congrats to you and Mandeep. You guys have done a great job by setting up an example for all of us.

You guys also demonstrated us what a petrol Jeep can do by building a reliable tourer Jeep cum a killer offroader Jeep into one.
Old 7th July 2010, 16:15   #287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
hello kandisa ji

when i look at this picture i can only think of thar.

but your 440 looks better! wanted more info on the fabric doors .
The only thing i can say that I am honoured. But wait till the THAR gets some makeovers from the Jeepers after it lands in the market, you might be pleasantly surprised. But i think apart from other stuffs, the custom front bumper adds a lot to the character. Have a look at the multiple angles in y'r referred picture and you can realize. All credit to Mandeep.
The doors are in the same style as it used to come for the Mahindra Classic. If you 've any specific queries on the doors, drop me a pm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepCaptain View Post
Soumen, Whenever I see your Jeep. Why do I feel that I am kind of attached to it. Is it because I have her original heart??
Well said Shibu. Oh yes, some connection might be there. With the original heart, some part of the soul might also have been carried down to Kerala.

Quote:
Excellent pics. Hearty congrats to you and Mandeep. You guys have done a great job by setting up an example for all of us.
You guys also demonstrated us what a petrol Jeep can do by building a reliable tourer Jeep cum a killer offroader Jeep into one.
Thanks for these HUGE comments, means a lot. I still remember the list of possible modifications with a petrol jeep which mandeep mailed me a long time back, and we are not yet done through it completely. On offroading front, there is one major upgrade required and that will be done in the next phase till i gather some funds!
Old 7th July 2010, 16:39   #288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ankit, thanks a lot. Just to remember this was the initial condition:
Attachment 382833

Yes the functionality & reliability have always been of utmost importance than anything else. Thats why i 've always put brand new genuine parts even if they cost much higher.

Ideally that should be the diameter & not circumference. Thickness as per as i know is around quarter inch which in mm is around 6.3
Hey buddy
You jeep has come out amazingly well plus I admire your and the jeepguru's patience, dedication & hard work in bringing around the vehicle from what it was to what it is today. Kudos to that!!!
Really looking good in the picture and I hope to see it soon and take it for a spin someday.

One query what was the reason of changing the tires so soon, I think the old ones were not even used for 5k kms? No doubt these really look good and will perform great. How much did these tyres cost you?
Are the workshop pictures of Classic in Noida or some other workshop? And where was the rollcage fabricated???
Cheers
Old 7th July 2010, 17:09   #289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
..You jeep has come out amazingly well....
....One query what was the reason of changing the tires so soon, I think the old ones were not even used for 5k kms? No doubt these really look good and will perform great. How much did these tyres cost you?
Are the workshop pictures of Classic in Noida or some other workshop? And where was the rollcage fabricated???
Thanks harjeev. Yeah the Dunlops were pretty new but still switched to the bighorns because of: Upsizing to 31" (for better cushioning, height gain & to go well with the increased front track), tougher sidewall. Not to mention that got some good price & exchange deal on those tyres.
Yes workshop pictures are of Classic only. We gave the designs and the fabrications were done there.
Old 7th July 2010, 17:23   #290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ideally that should be the diameter & not circumference. Thickness as per as i know is around quarter inch which in mm is around 6.3
Soumen, are you sure the thickness is 6.3mm? It seems too high!

Spike
Old 8th July 2010, 02:22   #291
BHPian

Kandisa,

Great machine that you have now, with all the modofications now it looks cool and macho.

Also for the benefit of all can you please put the cost that you incurred till phase 2 started and cost of phase 2.

Last edited by malgudi : 8th July 2010 at 02:23. Reason: added info
Old 8th July 2010, 15:08   #292
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
Soumen, are you sure the thickness is 6.3mm? It seems too high!
Will confirm it from the workshop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malgudi View Post
...Also for the benefit of all can you please put the cost that you incurred till phase 2 started and cost of phase 2.
Thanks. Well i 've already shared the costs of the important components in this phase of upgrade. Additionally i 've spent around 25k in phase II. For expenditures incurred earlier kindly go through the older posts in the thread.

Okk here are few more pics of the jeep in action (& in stuck position):

Name:  vlcsnap99747.png
Views: 1854
Size:  616.4 KB

Name:  vlcsnap102553.png
Views: 1863
Size:  488.2 KB

Name:  vlcsnap103083.png
Views: 1813
Size:  533.3 KB

Name:  vlcsnap104472.png
Views: 1869
Size:  524.7 KB

Name:  vlcsnap104572.png
Views: 1784
Size:  521.9 KB

Name:  vlcsnap105423.png
Views: 1712
Size:  216.6 KB

Name:  vlcsnap106152.png
Views: 1733
Size:  486.4 KB

Name:  vlcsnap106437.png
Views: 1651
Size:  679.5 KB

The story of my jeep: MM 440-dsc06573.jpg

The story of my jeep: MM 440-dsc06579.jpg

Name:  last.png
Views: 1587
Size:  465.2 KB

The story of my jeep: MM 440-img_2811.jpg

Last pic, courtesy 'testdrive'.
Old 10th July 2010, 09:12   #293
BHPian

Great Pictures Soumen ,
Both you and Mandeep have done a great Job, Nice to see your Jeep in action
Mera Number Kab Ayyega
Old 11th July 2010, 09:01   #294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahultomahawk View Post
Great Pictures Soumen ,
Both you and Mandeep have done a great Job, Nice to see your Jeep in action
Mera Number Kab Ayyega
Thanks Rahul. Don't worry, y'r number is already in process, and with the kind of modifications planned, y'r Jeep will be a perfect offroader when complete.
Old 8th August 2010, 18:29   #295
BHPian

Some action shots from my side.I hope kandisa updates the thread with some travelogue.
Attached Thumbnails
The story of my jeep: MM 440-img_5194.jpg  

The story of my jeep: MM 440-img_5195.jpg  

The story of my jeep: MM 440-img_5534.jpg  

Old 8th August 2010, 19:07   #296
BHPian

it was great driving the jeep at leh , covered all terrain flawlessly thumbs up to soumen and mandeep .
Attached Thumbnails
The story of my jeep: MM 440-p1000156.jpg  

The story of my jeep: MM 440-p1000388.jpg  

The story of my jeep: MM 440-p1000588.jpg  

The story of my jeep: MM 440-p1000603.jpg  

Old 9th August 2010, 09:35   #297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahultomahawk View Post
it was great driving the jeep at leh , covered all terrain flawlessly thumbs up to soumen and mandeep .
photos do justice to the trip of the life time and that too on a jeep that was built and not bought!

im glad kandisa has taken the jeep far and wide and extreme, not just OTRs in NCR.
Old 9th August 2010, 10:26   #298
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Parm. I always had the intention to use the jeep for long distance expedition trips rather than local OTRs. Been to places like Chakrata, Corbett before in the jeep and always had the dream to make the Leh trip from the day the jeep was finally picked up. Though frankly speaking was not very sure whether that could be done ever! But then finally made it successfully two weeks back. Was extremely lucky to be back safely before natural calamity struck Leh in the worst form. Will post detailed photos by tomorrow after some relief from office engagements, piled up due to the long absence.
Old 10th August 2010, 10:55   #299
Senior - BHPian

Till the time the pics are sorted here are few videos of the Jeep expedition to Leh.

Jeep Cruising Effortlessly on the highway:

Water Crossings, near Darcha & one before Suraj Taal:

Somewhere near Barlacha la:

In the Gata loops:

Old 10th August 2010, 11:30   #300
AVR
BHPian

Help on Tyres

Hi Kandisa,

I see you have put the 31" Bighorns on regular steel rims. Are those steel rims the 5.5x15 rims that are usually used on the Jeeps? Do you think its ok to go with these rims for the 31x11.5R15 tyres that you have? Am wanting to do the same on my Jeep which currently has 235/75s. Also, What was the cost of the Bighorns? Can you please let me know the price? PM me? Also would like to talk so can you please PM me your number?

Cheers,
Adi

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks