Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2010, 23:46   #286
BANNED

The eternal joke is that a vehicle of far less capability ad stature than the Gurkha is being compared. The facto of the matter is that the said vehicle has far less GC, no snorkel and the differential breathers are submerged in most cases unless they have been rerouted.

Well whadya expect, the Gurkha is a heap of garbage so its bound to attract flies.
Old 18th March 2010, 00:02   #287
Team-BHP Support

Yada Yada Hi Dharmasya Glanir Force Gurkha
Abhyuthanam Adharmasya Tadathmanam Srijamyaham.

Parithranaya Gurkhars Vinashayacha Jeepers
Dharma Samsthapanarthaya Sambhavami Yuge Yuge

- BHPian Gurkha

Welcome back, Again.

Quote:
Translation: Whenever the balance of the Force Gurkha is disturbed by external interference from any of its parts, then I reveal Myself as the Power of eternal balancing. For the protection of those who drive Gurkha, and the rectification of every Jeeper, I incarnate Myself at every juncture of time - BHPian Gurkha

Last edited by Samurai : 18th March 2010 at 00:08.
Old 18th March 2010, 08:24   #288
Senior - BHPian

rhandle, if you indeed interested in selling your Gurkha .. please contact me.
Old 18th March 2010, 09:01   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post

- BHPian Gurkha

Welcome back, Again.

yes he is the Bhism Pitamah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
rhandle, if you indeed interested in selling your Gurkha .. please contact me.
Sir I am interested, but do not know about what pricing I should let go. Monster_bhp is also selling his Gurkha so if you are down south then you can talk to him. And if you are up north you are welcome to my place.
Old 18th March 2010, 09:07   #290
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhandle View Post
yes he is the Bhism Pitamah!

Sir I am interested, but do not know about what pricing I should let go. Monster_bhp is also selling his Gurkha so if you are down south then you can talk to him. And if you are up north you are welcome to my place.

Far from Bhishma, that honor would go to the legendary Dr. Bacher who I revere greatly. Sitting on the yard of the then Bajaj Tempo, that man had a brilliant concept which he put to work and the end result is a vehicle that even eclipses its bigger, more powerful big brother at times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post

- BHPian Gurkha

Welcome back, Again.

Danke schon.......I am the eternal ghost of Gurkha, the Entity.

Last edited by Samurai : 18th March 2010 at 09:39. Reason: back-to-back post within minutes
Old 18th March 2010, 09:57   #291
Senior - BHPian

Spot On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurkha View Post
Well whadya expect, the Gurkha is a heap of garbage so its bound to attract flies.
SPOT ON!!!

BTW GC can always be changed on Real Solid Axle.
Old 18th March 2010, 10:27   #292
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex670c View Post
SPOT ON!!!

BTW GC can always be changed on Real Solid Axle.
At the cost of reliability to an already questionable train of components, definitely, bring a mechanic along to fix it as well.

Beginning to stink, flies are starting to swarm around. Gotta bring the repellent out.
Old 18th March 2010, 13:49   #293
Senior - BHPian

Reliability

Quote:
At the cost of reliability to an already questionable train of components, definitely, bring a mechanic along to fix it as well.

Beginning to stink, flies are starting to swarm around. Gotta bring the repellent out.
Hi Doc,

Seems like Rahul's thread is changing you view on the Gurkha.

The Sum of all the parts need not be, reliable, neither is factory fit & finish.

Regards,

Arka

PS - For Flies, you need a swatter, not repellent
Old 18th March 2010, 14:17   #294
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

How can you guys keep questioning a vehicle after a German magazine has declared it the ultimate off-roader on the planet?

All though the current Gurkha shares only the differentials and the transmission/t-case with the original G-wagen. It must be as good since the other parts changed by force motors like Suspension to (IFS/Leaf Spring), Chasis, Body, Engine etc are not relevant.
Old 18th March 2010, 15:07   #295
BHPian

rhandle sir,please dont sell the gurkha off u had great time with it .we enjoyed your reading your saga; you passed the hard part.now let it be a part of your home. but its up to you .great pictures and reports.feeling dissapointed...there are many gypsies many mm's,why are the gurkhas getting extinct.
Old 18th March 2010, 15:14   #296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
How can you guys keep questioning a vehicle after a German magazine has declared it the ultimate off-roader on the planet?
ROTFLMAO!!! you will never forgot that German Magazine do you? Gosh!!! Here we go Again.

@Gurkha,

Request you to reveal your views on Thar, of course in That Thread.

Quote:
there are many gypsies many mm's,why are the gurkhas getting extinct.
Coz Gurkhas are "Critically Endangered Species" struggling to survive without proper support from Force

--Sree--

Last edited by sreerajunnithan : 18th March 2010 at 15:16.
Old 18th March 2010, 15:29   #297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post

All though the current Gurkha shares only the differentials and the transmission/t-case with the original G-wagen. It must be as good since the other parts changed by force motors like Suspension to (IFS/Leaf Spring), Chasis, Body, Engine etc are not relevant.

Indian Magazines are crap Tini. They don't even feature Gurkha's price list anywhere. Only Car India magazine did it but i have no idea if they still dare to publish prices as force motors do not even care to update them on prices. Last time i read the price of Trax Gurkha was some 5, 44,000 ex showroom! Such is the company that is defaming Mercedes by making G wagen look alike.

Force motors total sale last month was about 500 to 550 units! Please guess Gurkhas sale? Single digit may be!

I admire force motors to address what we wanted on Mahindra Thar's thread, but execution of the concept is so poor that it bit dust! Plus company attitude sucks!

In addition to what Gurkha already has, a solid axle a more powerful engine would have changed the game altogether along with better after-sale service

G wagen Zindabad!! But force motors Trax Gurkha please fill in the blanks-------------------
Old 18th March 2010, 15:57   #298
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
In addition to what Gurkha already has, a solid axle a more powerful engine
WOW I am going to buy a GURKHA
Old 18th March 2010, 17:37   #299
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
Indian Magazines are crap Tini. They don't even feature Gurkha's price list anywhere. Only Car India magazine did it but i have no idea if they still dare to publish prices as force motors do not even care to update them on prices. Last time i read the price of Trax Gurkha was some 5, 44,000 ex showroom! Such is the company that is defaming Mercedes by making G wagen look alike.

Force motors total sale last month was about 500 to 550 units! Please guess Gurkhas sale? Single digit may be!

I admire force motors to address what we wanted on Mahindra Thar's thread, but execution of the concept is so poor that it bit dust! Plus company attitude sucks!

In addition to what Gurkha already has, a solid axle a more powerful engine would have changed the game altogether along with better after-sale service

G wagen Zindabad!! But force motors Trax Gurkha please fill in the blanks-------------------

Something you have never owned or driven but you have an opinion, wow now thats called imagination gone wild.
Old 18th March 2010, 17:43   #300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Something you have never owned or driven but you have an opinion, wow now thats called imagination gone wild.

I don't own the following vehicles but have high regard for-Gypsy/ Samurai, Defender, G wagen, Toyota land cruiser LC 70!
So do i have to own all to pass my judgment? Seeing is believing! Every one has problem with force motors more than they have a problem with Gurkha.

Gurkha is good on paper no doubt and is decent in real world. If it was so good then why is it not selling?

P.s- Do you own a Fj cruiser which you have a very high regard for?

Last edited by vinod_nookala : 18th March 2010 at 17:45.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks