Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2009, 23:22   #226
Senior - BHPian

Hi Amar,

If i were to purchase your Gypsy and trasnport it to Mumbai, would you or anyone else have any idea about the cost to transport, re register in mumbai and the Octroi costs as well. You have done it up beautifully.

Many Thanks
Raj
Old 25th December 2009, 07:46   #227
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amar82 View Post
....I have no other option as i would not be visiting india anytime soon and there is noone to take care of her, my parents have also migrated to canada. My next visit will be in 2 years timeframe and i don't want her to rust away without being used as i have invested a lot of effort.

Amar
Hi Amar, I felt really sad to see the Gypsy in classifieds. I really hope it finds a good place here itself and the new owner takes as much care as you have taken.

Hey, in Canada, buy a SJ413/410, Sidekick etc and do off-roading there. So, we all can join you there when we visit there

Cheers,
Old 25th December 2009, 14:04   #228
Senior - BHPian

#Desmosedici
Registration I hae no idea, but why do you wanna transport a vehicle which is already drivable??

Just drive it down to Mumbai from Delhi. The vehicle is very capable and has done trips from Ludhiana to Delhi and around!!!

And guys having restored 2 vehicles myself nothing can beat an already restored vehicles in terms of time and money. The small small detailing is the part which is the most time consuming and tedious.

Think about it but if I were you I would drive it down anyday and it wouldn't take you more than a couple of days and cost just 5-6 k or so for the fuel and another 4 k for night stays and food etc.

PErfectly doable!!!
Old 26th December 2009, 02:09   #229
Senior - BHPian

Hi Harjeev,

you have said what every jeep enthusiast would do but being in a professional world of finance, i dont habe enough leaves in my hand to do that hence the mention of transport.

You think thats an option that many wouldnt consider, definitely not, driving is always the best!!!

Cheers,
Raj
Old 26th December 2009, 02:20   #230
BHPian

@Khan,
I am thinking of buying a Jeep Rubicon whenever i have money and go on offroad trails here with my wife.

Guys from T-bhp are more than welcomed at Vancouver anytime.

@Desmosedici,
The gypsy is in perfect mechanical condition for a road trip from Delhi to Bombay.There is a 5K discount on the gypsy to retain the registration(PB-10 CQ 0693) becuase this was the biggest hurdle as in ludhiana only Bharat II or Bharat III emission norms vehicle are registered and i had to get a recomendation from CM office for the same.

And 693 is my house number in ludhiana.

Amar
Old 27th December 2009, 00:21   #231
Senior - BHPian

Yes yes! you can write an exciting travelogue on our travel section. Transporting it on a truck will cost more than 20k. driving will eat note more than 7k worth of petrol. Plus all the excitement thrown in for free.

Transferring to mumbai will need NOC from PB-10 rto. Normally you will have to pay the cost of registering a new gypsy, atleast thats what is in rajasthan and west bengal. every noc has a time limit within which you have to re-register with a new district/ state.
Old 28th December 2009, 19:44   #232
Senior - BHPian

The idea to drive down is really great however the work involved to get all the transfer is a pain.

My main bottleneck is to sell off my WagonR and utilise that money for a Gypsy. I am searching for one with Maharastra registration as it would be easy to get the re registration done.

But again, very few good Gypsys available in Mumbai and adjoining areas.

Checked out a Gypsy on Saturday, it was a 1990 Nagaland Registered Army MG410 but stickered as MG413W. The engine 'looked' good but did not feel good and price quoted was a whopping 2.40 Lakhs. I outrightly refused.

Gypsy Gurus, please help me if you guys come across any Gypsy Kings around Mumbai.

Moderators - Hope i am not Off the Topic.

Thanks.

Cheers
Raj...
Old 29th December 2009, 23:46   #233
BHPian

@Desmosedici,
If WagonR is your primary vehicle don't sell it for buying a gypsy, it's only good as a second or third vehicle.

Amar

Last edited by Amar82 : 29th December 2009 at 23:53.
Old 30th December 2009, 00:27   #234
Senior - BHPian

i dont have enough bling to have 2 vehicles and i generally drive alone or maybe with a pal and owning and driving a Gypsy has been a childhood dream. So now can think of achieving the dream with my own money instead of my dads.

I dont mind having just a Gypsy standing below my balcony.

It would be a lovely sight.

Thanks for the tip anyways. Would get a Gypsy now and get another car when i get married.

I got in touch with KSM Vtec today. Will have a look at his 2000 Army Carb 1.3.

Cheers
Raj
Old 2nd January 2010, 11:18   #235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amar82 View Post
@Desmosedici,
If WagonR is your primary vehicle don't sell it for buying a gypsy, it's only good as a second or third vehicle.

Amar
I went through the entire thread and have sent you a PM , Please respond back.

Thanks - Harry
Old 10th March 2010, 20:27   #236
BHPian

Hello Everyone,

I am Harneet the new proud owner of this Red Gypsy & another news is Amar’s new Gypsy King MPFI has arrived. I just wanted to introduce myself to you all & congratulate Amar for the new King. I have started another thread “My first 4x4 vehicle Gypsy King” Your suggestions, feedback & questions are welcome. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-m...ypsy-king.html

Thanks
Old 10th March 2010, 23:55   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
Hi Amar,

If i were to purchase your Gypsy and trasnport it to Mumbai, would you or anyone else have any idea about the cost to transport, re register in mumbai and the Octroi costs as well. You have done it up beautifully.

Many Thanks
Raj
call satpal sing 9833234142 to truck it down to bbay it will cost you 6k this will be door ro door service. price for getting a MH number will differ from agent to agent and depends if you want to do it in thane etc etc
Old 11th March 2010, 23:06   #238
Senior - BHPian

Hi David,

read the above post by Harneet, Amars vehicle has been sold to Harneet and i have gotten a 2004 MPFI MH registered already.

Thanks for the info though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks