Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2010, 08:46   #31
BHPian

Hi JoshGuy

It feels @ home off road, (not that I have really gone to some places), the little pond crossing we did, it did it very comfortable, I got it for 4.5L

Who wants to go to Illugul Betta this Sat Day? http://picasaweb.google.com/cometSunil/IllugulXbhpNov7#

Cheers
Sunil

Last edited by hisunil : 13th July 2010 at 08:51.
Old 13th July 2010, 09:37   #32
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hisunil View Post
I got it for 4.5L
Steal man, absolute steal. Congratulations Sunil. You've bought yourself a very capable 4x4. Now,

1. Practice & learn. Go out off-roading on weekends, and spend some time reading through the many 4x4 techniques being discussed on Team-BHP.

2. For the time being, and if you want, get some great all terrain rubber. Leave other hardcore modifications for later. A good driver in a stock 4x4 can beat an ill-informed one in a souped up rig.

Great price. Much better than buying a rusty Mahindra from an army auction, and spending about the same money in getting her up to shape.
Old 14th July 2010, 11:40   #33
BHPian

Congrats sunil! What a surprise to see you in a Gurkha

Hope to meet you sometime soon and have a look at this myself.
Old 14th July 2010, 11:57   #34
Team-BHP Support

Congrats Sunil on an incredible deal.

Quote:
Thanks to Our own Rahul rhandle who is the very reason I knew about the vehicle on offer.
I wonder who told him about this wonderful half price deal from Bangalore...
Old 14th July 2010, 12:32   #35
Senior - BHPian

@hisunil\cometsunil:congratz on the purchase - that is indeed a sweet deal. The Gurkha looks like new, and 17K km is nothing but peanuts for such a machine.

All the best for your future OTR endeavors
Old 14th July 2010, 12:37   #36
BHPian

One of the negatives in the hard-top gurkha is it's weight.

With a soft-top, I am sure performance (on-road and off-road) will be better

congrats! hisunil
Old 14th July 2010, 14:05   #37
BHPian

Thanks GTO, Sks_Biker, Samurai, theexperthand & 72 Bullet

I am loving it & need to learn some real life piratical OR techniques form some guru's here, want to go out this Saturday & cannot find an other 4x4 to accompany !!.

Would love to take pics of Gurkha climbing Illigul Betta, any takers? we can leave by 5:30 & be back by 3:00 half a day OTR Trip, interested please call 9845844874.

Cheers
Sunil
Old 14th July 2010, 16:28   #38
BANNED

Though I do not have an OTR vehicle, I would love to join you as a passenger/co driver if the OTR is happening.
Do inform me if I m welcome on:9243466235. I stay at Basaweshwaranagar and can ride down to your place from where we could go together.

And yes, congrats on getting probably, the best stock OTR vehicle in the country.

Regds
Dev
Old 15th July 2010, 09:45   #39
BHPian

Dev you are most welcome.

I have about 3 others too tentatively wanting to join in, a Red Gypsy, Maroon Safari & A Gurkha HT, will keep updating as confirmations come in.
You could Get your Scorpio till the base of betta or hop in to the Gurkha, My bro & My cousin will also be driving with me in it, not sure if I should take my Son & Wife along on the first Trip.

Cheers
Sunil
Old 15th July 2010, 11:40   #40
BANNED

Quote:
I have about 3 others too tentatively wanting to join in, a Red Gypsy, Maroon Safari & A Gurkha HT, will keep updating as confirmations come in. not sure if I should take my Son & Wife along on the first Trip.
Thank you Sunil.
I'd say the more, the merrier.Bring em along as well. By the maroon Safari, do you mean HappyWheels aka Suresh, Red Gypsy aka Starter? If yes, then I could probably hop on with Suresh as we stay in the vicinity and then come over.
Old 15th July 2010, 12:02   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Great price. Much better than buying a rusty Mahindra from an army auction, and spending about the same money in getting her up to shape.
You are going to get whipped by someone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Congrats Sunil on an incredible deal.

I wonder who told him about this wonderful half price deal from Bangalore...
Well ... was it you Sharat? Also I am indebted to the guy from Banglore who was in Red Classic to pass on this information.

The one fact which delights me is that this meet and information passing hands benefited to all, person selling and person buying!!
Old 15th July 2010, 12:20   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhandle View Post
Well ... was it you Sharat? Also I am indebted to the guy from Banglore who was in Red Classic to pass on this information.
Of course it was me. And I told you to check with Giri for contact details, and Giri is the Red Classic guy from Bangalore.
Old 15th July 2010, 14:30   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Thank you Sunil.
I'd say the more, the merrier.Bring em along as well. By the maroon Safari, do you mean HappyWheels aka Suresh, Red Gypsy aka Starter? If yes, then I could probably hop on with Suresh as we stay in the vicinity and then come over.
Hey Dev,
No, it ain't me. Must be Krishna. I do not know of any other red Gypsy in B'lore OTR Gang.
With a fresh bore, i doubt it if Krishna it is or some one else.
Anyway, have fun all of you!!
Cheers,
Deepak

Last edited by starter : 15th July 2010 at 14:35.
Old 15th July 2010, 14:32   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Of course it was me. And I told you to check with Giri for contact details, and Giri is the Red Classic guy from Bangalore.
Thanks Sharat!

I am so happy about it that the deal finalised within a week. I am also in awe of all the people around, got lot to learn from all - giri, Viji, Khan, Deepak and yourself.

God knows when I will get that much of knowledge you guys carry, and I am afraid if I would be able to retain that kind of knowledge. Am so glad I attended this OTR.
Old 15th July 2010, 14:44   #45
Team-BHP Support

Rahul, we don't have any mountain of knowledge, at least I don't. I just yap a lot and end up in the limelight.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks