Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2010, 15:43   #46
Team-BHP Support

I only want full spare parts support for CJ3B, is it too much to ask?
Old 1st April 2010, 16:05   #47
Senior - BHPian

By Cult Vehicle, i hope M&M doesnt mean Mahindra Customisations
Old 1st April 2010, 16:11   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
I only want full spare parts support for CJ3B, is it too much to ask?
Me too for my classic and a good workshop option in Bombay. (south bombay plz)!

@BD, see you on Saturday and congrats on the civic as well.
Old 1st April 2010, 16:15   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
Something like the Skoda Yeti?
yea, but a lot cheaper, below 10L.
Old 1st April 2010, 17:29   #50
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations,

I agree with some of the others, train your A$S guys as many of them do not know their backside from their elbow. Ask them for parts and they deny that Mahindra still sell them (even for XD3P engine parts).
Old 1st April 2010, 20:35   #51
BHPian

Behram Sir,

My heartiest congratulations!!
+1 to Vinod's vision of where the co. should be heading, and highlighting what I would really love to see on the road.

[/quote]
As far as company's future platforms are concerned-
  • Please develop layout which will suit solid axle with NEF for true 4x4 models which is company's DNA
  • Solid axle with coil springs way to go. All successful company's in off road space have moved from leaf spring to coil spring solid axle and not IFS (except Mitsubishi)
  • Provide basic creature comforts like p/s and a/c as standard.
  • Develop company hard top (metal) for MWB vehicles
  • Make your 4wd's safer (crash worthy). Slowly do away with side facing seats as they are crash disasters
  • Try making 4wd only platforms so that they aren't a compromise off road
  • Many are waiting for two kinds of vehicle- One a Mini SUV with 4wd with Jiminy capabilities and vitaras comfort and second a medium sized SUV which can take on odd's just like LC 70 and defenders in a much smaller package ](read Bolero)
  • Address the above two segments sincerely and you have a chart buster in your hand!
I think market abroad has moved from true SUV's to cross utility vehicles. But in India market is just moving from MUV's to affordable and capable SUV's. Here is where one should cash upon!!
A mini SUV (basically a car with raised ground clearance with 4wd) is welcome![/quote]

Once again my heartiest congratulations and all the best for the future. The 4wd division of M & M is in very capable hands.

Regards
Gautam Basak.
Old 1st April 2010, 21:36   #52
Senior - BHPian

thats great news sir. i have always liked mahindra vehicles. now i hope to see some seriously good 'cult' vehicles from mahindra.
Old 1st April 2010, 22:34   #53
BHPian

Congratulations Berham Sir,

Hope with you in the helm now we get more practical 4x4's from Mahindra, comfortable for both on and Off road use, with decent creature comforts and family friendly.

Wishing you best wishes for your new role and responsibility.

Nishanth
Old 2nd April 2010, 00:22   #54
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Behram Bhai!! Finally Mahindra has realised what was missing in their essential 4X4 program. No one else could have filled in that post.

Party Kyan Chhe??!!
P.S. Will also settle for a home cooked Dhansak meal
Old 2nd April 2010, 00:25   #55
Senior - BHPian

Behram Sir! i don't know if this has been requested before or not. Can you not provide a kit form like DIY kit that is so popular in UK.

I don't know if there is a market for it or not, but i am sure there are hell lot of DIY guys like me out there.

And thanks for the THAR. Please do improve the quality of products on Mahindras. They have a habit of taking customers for granted, if not by the company more or less by the dealers too.
Old 2nd April 2010, 11:27   #56
BANNED

Behram Sir,

My Hearty Congratulations !!

I go with Vinod and +

• Give us a option of basic and top end 4x4.
  • Why cant jeeps have good interiors like scorpio or a even a safari?
  • Availability of spares for older versions (which santhosh has already mentioned)
  • We definitely require A/C and PS
  • Customization at a nominal cost-Give us the option to choose the tyre size ,FOg lights ect
  • And most important -Design a good soft top like TJ or similar and hard top which is not too heavy (something that can be removed by unscrewing 4-6 nuts and put on a soft top for weekends )
Something like this http://www.4x4offroads.com/image-fil...j-p1010845.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
Behram sir,
Accept my heartiest congratulations!! I would say they have placed the right guy and M&M talent management systems seems to be really strong, placing right people at right places

Now comes the responsibility part as you would be the key to provide future path to the company 4wd vehicles.

Here comes the contribution from my side. Iam not going too much technical as many people have said many things in Thar wish list thread.

As far as company's future platforms are concerned-
  • Please develop layout which will suit solid axle with NEF for true 4x4 models which is company's DNA
  • Solid axle with coil springs way to go. All successful company's in off road space have moved from leaf spring to coil spring solid axle and not IFS (except Mitsubishi)
  • Provide basic creature comforts like p/s and a/c as standard.
  • Develop company hard top (metal) for MWB vehicles
  • Make your 4wd's safer (crash worthy). Slowly do away with side facing seats as they are crash disasters
  • Try making 4wd only platforms so that they aren't a compromise off road
  • Many are waiting for two kinds of vehicle- One a Mini SUV with 4wd with Jiminy capabilities and vitaras comfort and second a medium sized SUV which can take on odd's just like LC 70 and defenders in a much smaller package (read Bolero)
  • Address the above two segments sincerely and you have a chart buster in your hand!
I think market abroad has moved from true SUV's to cross utility vehicles. But in India market is just moving from MUV's to affordable and capable SUV's. Here is where one should cash upon!!

A mini SUV (basically a car with raised ground clearance with 4wd) is welcome!
Old 2nd April 2010, 12:19   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Congrats Sir:

Hopefully we will see some good products/support for the 4x4 community from Mahindra. As an immediate step, Scorpio dealers should show the 4x4 versions of the Scorpio in the price list to customers and be able to give a reasonably firm delivery date. Currently many dealers discourage customers from buying a 4x4 Scorpio. Only a handful of persistent customers like the ones on this Forum end up getting one. It is much more straight forward and easier to buy a 4x4 Safari.
Old 2nd April 2010, 20:47   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Congrats Sir:

Hopefully we will see some good products/support for the 4x4 community from Mahindra. As an immediate step, Scorpio dealers should show the 4x4 versions of the Scorpio in the price list to customers and be able to give a reasonably firm delivery date. Currently many dealers discourage customers from buying a 4x4 Scorpio. Only a handful of persistent customers like the ones on this Forum end up getting one. It is much more straight forward and easier to buy a 4x4 Safari.
I have had Mahindra dealers flat lie to my face and state that certain Mahindra 4x4 vehicles are not even made. However, they do just happen to have a 4x2 version of the same vehicle around back....
Old 3rd April 2010, 03:20   #59
BHPian

Dear DB Sir,

A hearty congratulations to you. Its a great news that Mahindra is considering 4X4 as a market. It surely is.
Lets see what types of options we'll have in future. Mahindra 4X4 vehicles can be termed as amongst the best in the world. Lets move that forward by launching more 4WDs for every segment. Right from basics to lifestyle.

Cult Vehicles: Umm.. all of the Mahindras produced till now have formed a cult status. All Mahindra models are well recognized & well known (Or I can say 'All the Mahindra Models which are famous has 4WD Option!' or may be they are famous because of 4WD?).
Some of them are discontinued (Classic) & some are not available for us (MM550XD NGCS). Please do something for that.

Wishing you & all the team members a great success. Give us some 'periodic' good news

Last edited by offroad_maniac : 3rd April 2010 at 03:22.
Old 4th April 2010, 18:14   #60
BHPian

Dear Mr. Behram,

Please accept our hearty congratulations.
We look forward to see Mahindra 4x4, Scorpio to be matching in design and exterior appearance similar to Toyota LC, Prado, Ford, Mazda CX9 series.

Wish you all the best.

Regards,
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks