Team-BHP - my new baby A 4X4 JEEP !!!(no specific model because its all mix and match)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   4x4 Vehicles (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/)
-   -   my new baby A 4X4 JEEP !!!(no specific model because its all mix and match) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/79216-my-new-baby-4x4-jeep-no-specific-model-because-its-all-mix-match-3.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM (Post 1830738)
Dear AVR - MM540 came with 5.38:1. MM540 / MM550 with XD3P engine came with 4.88:1. Even today, Bolero SLX 4 wheel drive comes with 4.88:1 only.

You recently purchased a 2 wheel drive MM540 in Ahmedabad? If yes, you have to do a lot of work on your vehicle. Please PM me. I will guide you in totality.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar

Thanks Mr. Behram,

PMed you. Look forward to hearing from you.

Adi

Hey, where is the workshop between malad and goregaon. I reside in goregaon and would love to drop by to check out your baby. Can you provide the directions.

Cheers

Guys i have bad news. work has stalled for 2 days as an older jeep he had made has a siezed engine due to a leak in the radiator and a careless driver. praying work starts ASAP:Frustrati

gearbox setup ready will be mated tomorrow, will post pictures soon.
cheers !

is this a Junkyard Gem or Hybrid jeep :)

Well ,i will follow this thread closely

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshguy (Post 1833284)
is this a Junkyard Gem or Hybrid jeep :)

Well ,i will follow this thread closely

well, you can call her both .

guys, finally work is going on in full swing.
today gearbox was mounted with low range, crossmember mounted.

today i changed my mind about the diffs,as they are already fitted could not use the LSD as on the 550,so the crown pinions were changed to the 4.27.
basically because it is also going to be my daily drive,so i think that it will handle the otr's because of the light weight and the xdp3. i dont think it should be a problem.

i am attaching pictures off the mounted GB with the crossmember and the open diff.
and about the skid plates Allan suggested 8mm plates so i think i am going to go with that.
any skid plate fabricators in contact please let me know, though it is going to be the last thing to be mounted on my jeep.

which seats guys ? indica,esteem,tavera? i am not going with the short height seats as they badly take a toll on my lower back and neck.:Frustrati

suggestions and comments most welcome so let them flow in.

Quote:

Originally Posted by garrett_t16 (Post 1840503)
guys, finally work is going on in full swing.
today gearbox was mounted with low range, crossmember mounted.

today i changed my mind about the diffs,as they are already fitted could not use the LSD as on the 550,so the crown pinions were changed to the 4.27.
basically because it is also going to be my daily drive,so i think that it will handle the otr's because of the light weight and the xdp3. i dont think it should be a problem.

i am attaching pictures off the mounted GB with the crossmember and the open diff.
and about the skid plates Allan suggested 8mm plates so i think i am going to go with that.
any skid plate fabricators in contact please let me know, though it is going to be the last thing to be mounted on my jeep.

Hi Garrett,

Please Stick to 4.88:1 (44/9) on both Diffs or 5.38:1 (43/8) in case you are using taller and broader tyres. (Maxxis Mudzilla's)

Regards,

Arka

Quote:

Originally Posted by ex670c (Post 1840975)
Hi Garrett,

Please Stick to 4.88:1 (44/9) on both Diffs or 5.38:1 (43/8) in case you are using taller and broader tyres. (Maxxis Mudzilla's)

Regards,

Arka

i am using maxxis mudzillas with the 4.27 ratio..will it cause a problem? i dont think it should ,concedering the xdp3

u guys mentioned that the PS of the scorpio wont be a perfect fit,
so going for a toyota PS fitted with a scorpio steering rod so i can change the steering wheel in the future if i want .

Quote:

Originally Posted by garrett_t16 (Post 1841538)
i am using maxxis mudzillas with the 4.27 ratio..will it cause a problem? i dont think it should ,concedering the xdp3

Quote:

Originally Posted by garrett_t16 (Post 1841581)
u guys mentioned that the PS of the scorpio wont be a perfect fit,
so going for a toyota PS fitted with a scorpio steering rod so i can change the steering wheel in the future if i want .

Hi Garrett

Let Consider the total Toque Developed including the gearing at each wheel

For KMT-90-4WD & 4.27

(3.986 X 2.46 X 4.27 X 15.5kgm)/4 (no. of Wheels)= 162.2 Kgm per Wheel.

For KMT90-4WD & 5.38 = 204Kgm per Wheel.

The Advantage of 5.38:1 is
1) Better torque on the wheels
2) Better Crawl Speed (Slower the better)
3) compensates the Wheel Speed for taller Tyre (31")

wrt Steering System

Please stick to M&M components
1) MRCBT (Manual Type fitted in Pickups).
2) RCBT PS ( non Rack & Pinion Type fitted on Boleros).

These have been tried and tested on JEEPs and are made for similar platforms.

Regards,

Arka

PS - If your XD3P is brand new then its got the De-tuned FIP which gives 68Bhp & 13.8Kgm:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by ex670c (Post 1841863)
Hi Garrett

Let Consider the total Toque Developed including the gearing at each wheel

For KMT-90-4WD & 4.27

(3.986 X 2.46 X 4.27 X 15.5kgm)/4 (no. of Wheels)= 162.2 Kgm Wheel

For KMT90-4WD & 5.38 = 204Kgm per Wheel

The Advantage of 5.38:1 is
1) Better torque on the wheels
2) Better Crawl Speed (Slower the better)

wrt Steering System

Please stick to M&M components
1) MRCBT (Manual Type fitted in Pickups
2) RCBT PS ( non Rack & Pinion Type fitted on Boleros)

These have been tried and tested on JEEPs and are made for a similar platform.

Regards,

Arka

PS - If your XD3P is brand new then its got the De-tuned FIP which gives 68Bhp & 13.8Kgm:D

what i mean is that agree: it will have better crawling speed and higher torque, but then it will affect my daily on-road drives.

and mine is a 2004 euro-2 xdp3, is it detuned:Frustrati??

Quote:

Originally Posted by garrett_t16 (Post 1841891)
what i mean is that it will have better crawling speed and higher torque, but then it will affect my daily on-road drives.

and mine is a 2004 euro-2 xdp3, is it detuned??

Hi Garrett,

New Tyre OD / Old Tyre OD X Diff-Ratio = Corrected Diff-Ratio

31/28(standard for JEEPs) X 4.88 (standard for XD3P) = 5.40:1

Any thing Lower you will Lower End grunt end and gain Top End speed.

Regards,

Arka

PS - If you stick to the original CLASSIC(CJ3B)Body, things will be relatively simple, comfortable and reliability will be good, and have a good all around performance.:thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by ex670c (Post 1841928)
Hi Garrett,

New Tyre OD / Old Tyre OD X Diff-Ratio = Corrected Diff-Ratio

31/28(standard for JEEPs) X 4.88 (standard for XD3P) = 5.40:1

Any thing Lower you will Lower End grunt end and gain Top End speed.

Regards,

Arka

PS - If you stick to the original CLASSIC(CJ3B)Body, things will be relatively simple, comfortable and reliability will be good, and have a good all around performance.:thumbs up

agree: but it was love at first sight when i had seen an MB for the first time so will go with that ,moreover classic body is one which evryone has . I want my jeep to look different.

and about the engine. is the 2004 euro-2 engine detuned??stupid:

Quote:

Originally Posted by garrett_t16 (Post 1842156)
but it was love at first sight when i had seen an MB for the first time so will go with that ,moreover classic body is one which evryone has . I want my jeep to look different.

and about the engine. is the 2004 euro-2 engine detuned??

Hi Garrett,

I'm not too sure about the Euro 2 XD3P specs. If your Engine is post 2007 then it is De-Tuned.

Regards,

Arka