Team-BHP - my new baby A 4X4 JEEP !!!(no specific model because its all mix and match)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   4x4 Vehicles (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/)
-   -   my new baby A 4X4 JEEP !!!(no specific model because its all mix and match) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/79216-my-new-baby-4x4-jeep-no-specific-model-because-its-all-mix-match-7.html)

clap:Only one word i can say just Awesome.
Waiting to see them on.

Phew!! got the entire thread read in one go. Its almost 2 am and I am still hungry. Garrett what is this yarr no pictures ever since the gear box is assembled. Having said this please no more pics from a mobile phone now that the Hunk is shaping up please show us some nice pics. As understood by me you are have a retro jeep with awesome combo, which tub are you using Willys or Ford, can you post some pictorial info please. All the very best.

@ferrariKSA-I also cant wait to get those beautiful shoes on the jeep

@chanu- I am using a 1942 Willys MB low bonnet (headlights inside the grill) body tub.

Just recieved the pictures, Enjoy lol:

Also guys some suggestions for the positioning of fog lamps??

made some small changes
-fitting vacuum seats(god knows where he got them from,they actually have travel in them like suspension)
-welded a pipe on the front bumper.
-going with the Y-frame and the bull bar both (so i can have a half-top,full-top or an open jeep )clap:

Wow great buy, good that you are making a retro jeep modern as I said earlier. So your have gone for green. Just an idea you can have the stencil writing done (serial number) up like the war jeeps on the bonnet and a star rounded on the rear part of the tub. It will add up look to the jeep. Regarding the Fog lamps the best way to do it is buy lamps which suits the jeep as it has got low bonnet and that too from a Ford. Generally fog lamps if big hide the grille and make the jeep look kinda wiered (just my opinion)

For my jeep I borught Mahindra tractors head lamp made by MINDA and getting them arranged on the chassis where bumper gets rivited. By the by what is that before the bumper the rounded pipe it didn't get that.

Once again Good luck!!

@chanu-that pipe is directly bolted on to the front bumper and then welded for extra strength(and to prevent it from rattling)clap:

that pipe is placed because the bumper and the pipe are going to get some thick ropes so it can act as a 2 people sitting area(especially on romantic drives)lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by garrett_t16 (Post 1945037)
that pipe is placed because the bumper and the pipe are going to get some thick ropes so it can act as a 2 people sitting area(especially on romantic drives)lol:

On a lighter note, Looks like "Its a Jeep Thing" ! ;-) Put the Jeep in 4Low, jump out and join your partner on the bumper for a ride of a lifetime!:uncontrol

Why is the pipe welded to the front bumper? How do you plan to install 2 tow hooks in the front (used for OTR recovery)?

@svsantosh-I have a Rhino hook bolted to the chassis for recovery.

Here are some new pictures, also added a blackout light.

paint is looking great(and polishing is still left)clap:

cant wait for the final result.

also got the 10J rims :D

garett i thought you are painting it black as per your 1st post?

Actually this colour is just awesome ,Good choice man

@joshguy-thanks buddy, i was really confused with the colour, then i saw this low bonnet with the same colour and I SO LOVED IT THAT I WANTED NOTHING BUT THIS !

the colour is called 'heena green' it is a shade darker than olive green.

Hi Garret,

Get the pipe attached to the front bumper removed. It looks out of place. Nonetheless a great job. Looking forward to see the completed product :)

Regards,
Zorro4X4

Garrett,

Your jeep is shaping good.

Can you post full body pics?

I cannot get a clear full body shot till they get the jeep outside the workshop for polishing.

will try tommorow.

also got original willys indicators.clap:

Feast your eyes on this !

garrett_t16, The jeep looks awesome, the colour is perfect! am sure it'll turn a lot of heads on road! :D Waiting for more pictures!
Nice work manclap:!