Team-BHP - my new baby A 4X4 JEEP !!!(no specific model because its all mix and match)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   4x4 Vehicles (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/)
-   -   my new baby A 4X4 JEEP !!!(no specific model because its all mix and match) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/79216-my-new-baby-4x4-jeep-no-specific-model-because-its-all-mix-match-6.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ex670c (Post 1894467)
Hi Garrett,

From the hand drawn diagram, I can infer, you have the 3 Speed Gear Box (T-90/3 forward +1 Reverse).

The Peugeot XDP4.9 was introduced in 1979 with the 3 speed Gearbox.

There is no Neutral Position between 2WD & 4WD.

Regards,

Arka

sir,
my mistake again . it has 4 forward , one reverse !stupid:
can you make a rough sketch and post it up because it is getting really confusing !please:

Not a very clear picture but this should help.
my new baby A 4X4 JEEP !!!(no specific model because its all mix and match)-img_0908.jpg

LT most (longest lever) is your gear lever which has

R 2

N

1 3

Then comes (to the right) 4wd selection (2nd longest) which has just 2 position IN and OUT. Out = 4 wheel not engaged.

O = 2 wheel drive

I = 4 wheel drive

After this to the right is low and hi ratio selector (shortest lever)

L = low

N

H = High

Hope this helps.

EDIT: If its 4 speed then it would be:

1 2

N

3 4 R (IIRC)

Thanks man
finally figured it out !clap:
so you mean weather it is 4 forward gears or three , the transfer case gears perform in the same manner?
found a better picture.

New batch of pictures.
-the scorpio steering wheel
-MM army air filter
-Brake booster

my opinion
the scorpio steering wheel will lool out of place
its to cliche

go for a stock cj3b steering or a nice aftermarket one(not too flashy)

+1 to what Allan said - something without leather/shiny bits and a little less 'bullky' should blend in well!

Get a stock CJ3B and cover it with rexin or leather to give you the good feel.

Today was simply Great !
i visited the shop because i was passing by and was in for a surprise !
i drove the jeep for i think 1 or maybe 2 kms in goregaon and boy did she run like a dream !
PS as smooth as silk
brakes need bleeding done properly.
acceleration was pretty good.
i must say i turned a couple of heads because it had no paint on and was missing the bonnet !
I think i am too used to driving the GV because i was in this machine with vibrations and a mahindra copyrighted 'GRRRRRRR' when you rev her lol:
felt a little uncomfortable but i have to get used to it now.

a little :OT but why is it that the gear does not go into first gear while the car is moving even at very low speed ?
any technical explanations available?

P.S-two changes from the original plan
-going for ropes only on the front bumper
-the bull bar now has a friend,a Y bar for the complete hood,i figured out that it would be better since the rains are just around the corner.

the spare wheel was hitting the tow hook at the back so raised it by about 4 inches,reinforced the rear panel and properly welded 'L' sections.
will get pictures soon !
cheers !

[quote a little :OT but why is it that the gear does not go into first gear while the car is moving even at very low speed ?
any technical explanations available? quote]

Not sure as to what GB you are using but if it is T90, then the reason is because it does not have synchoniser rings between the second and the first gear.

Rahul

:OTGuys, a friend is dropping into china tommorow,have told him to get 2 HID sets,one for my GV and one for my JEEP ! will they be a direct fit?

still in search of a good aftermarket stearing wheel for the jeep, preferably Black.
he said he can get pretty cheap steering wheels in china but i will need a hub change,as the scorpio steering rod is fitted !
SUGGESTIONS !please:

Quote:

Originally Posted by garrett_t16 (Post 1919097)

still in search of a good aftermarket stearing wheel for the jeep, preferably Black.
he said he can get pretty cheap steering wheels in china but i will need a hub change,as the scorpio steering rod is fitted !
SUGGESTIONS !please:

Ask your friend in china if a replica of the momo drifting 33 is available. I will buy one too!

Mannan, one for me too if it is coming cheap :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by garrett_t16 (Post 1916461)
a little :OT but why is it that the gear does not go into first gear while the car is moving even at very low speed ?
any technical explanations available?

cheers !

hey this is because the 1st is not synchromesh, you will have to carry out a procedure called double de-clutching to get it into 1st. this will help manully mesh gears.
press the clutch put it into neutral, blip the throttle de-press the clutch again and slowly ease it into 1st.

guys let me decide on a steering wheel first lol:
he said it will cost around 1K
i told him select a good design and bring
i am also ordering 2 HID kits,one for my GV one for my JEEP !(at a throw away price 2.5K :uncontrol)
he was telling me he has some weight issues for the flights,then too will try to convince him about the MOMO steering wheel.

Finally bought these rims:D

special thanks to xtreme power(allan) and wicked wheels (james)

cheers guys.

paint is done , polishing and final assembly left so baby should come home in a couple of days !