Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2010, 11:24   #166
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Mahindra Thar CRDe Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
HT designed and ready?. You could have a long Que outside Allan's if you reply to this post with an "aye" .
It's a front cab design. However, you are welcome to cut in front of me. I'd love to see how it comes out and then make any changes if necessary.
Old 14th December 2010, 11:48   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
but Mahindra is unable to find a good fibreglass fabricator to make a hard top for the Thar.
Hi Tini,

You forgot M&M's Blue Eyed Boy -- ROPLAS.

Roplas (India) > Company History > Plastics > Company History of Roplas (India) - BSE: 509854, NSE: N.A

Regards,

Arka
Old 14th December 2010, 12:06   #168
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post

About warranty,
- would M&M honor the warranty on related parts even if you do a PS and A/c add-on?
- would the suspension warranty hold good if you change the tires to the ones your like? Not sure if the AT tire is there in the same OE size to meet the varied requirements.
- Snorkel provision is present; so, if snorkel if fixed at M&M authorised center and flooding happens, warranty stands?
- since this is projected as a "off-roader", does M&M plan to tie up with an insurance body to provide coverage for "off-roading"?
No warranty. If their investigation finds that you used the vehicle beyond the road or manhandled it, you lose all warranty cover. Warranty only protects from manufacturer failure. Changing tyres of a different size will ensure you lose warranty on suspension and all related parts.

At the end, its also about your relationship with the local dealer. But trust me, M&M is extremely disciplined about warranty claims - they check if the clutch has been ridden on or its a manufacturer issue in terms of premature wear. If you want better warranty claim, then wait for the manufacturer of the KING/BEAST/TRUCK to launch something similar (i mean TATA ;-)

Apple to apple, I think it makes sense to buy a used Gypsy King MPFI Hard-top as compared to this - and spend the extra money doing her up. The day diesel prices are out of regulation, these diesel's are all going to go tank dry.
Old 14th December 2010, 12:34   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
No warranty. If their investigation finds that you used the vehicle beyond the road or manhandled it, you lose all warranty cover.
Apple to apple, I think it makes sense to buy a used Gypsy King MPFI Hard-top as compared to this - and spend the extra money doing her up. The day diesel prices are out of regulation, these diesel's are all going to go tank dry.
So, end result is that if you do what you would anyway do to make it off-road worthy, you end up being on your own.

If (a big "IF") the pricing is within limits, I am sure people would love to pay a premium to get a OEM vehicle on which they can built up.

How much does a well kept, Nth hand Jeep cost now? 3Laks?

Now, to this add :
- the value of the proven brute engine that the Thar has
- the value on the abilities provided out of box ('running around in circles'?)
- the value on the knowledge that if driven in stock form, it is still a very capable machine
- the value on the comfort and ability to actually enjoy the drive to the OTR spot
- the value on the look of the car drivers face when you overtake them ( )
- and finally a premium for all this

Would this not add to (on a higher side), say, to 6L, as being speculated?

So, put all this and think of it as an expensive buy of the local available machine, but with a higher degree of reliability. Go ahead and do the modifications to make it more capable (without going overboard) and you still know that the reliability is there (but not the warranty).

Different line of thought?
Old 14th December 2010, 13:48   #170
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
So, end result is that if you do what you would anyway do to make it off-road worthy, you end up being on your own.

If (a big "IF") the pricing is within limits, I am sure people would love to pay a premium to get a OEM vehicle on which they can built up.

How much does a well kept, Nth hand Jeep cost now? 3Laks?

Now, to this add :
- the value of the proven brute engine that the Thar has
- the value on the abilities provided out of box ('running around in circles'?)
- the value on the knowledge that if driven in stock form, it is still a very capable machine
- the value on the comfort and ability to actually enjoy the drive to the OTR spot
- the value on the look of the car drivers face when you overtake them ( )
- and finally a premium for all this

Would this not add to (on a higher side), say, to 6L, as being speculated?

So, put all this and think of it as an expensive buy of the local available machine, but with a higher degree of reliability. Go ahead and do the modifications to make it more capable (without going overboard) and you still know that the reliability is there (but not the warranty).

Different line of thought?
No, a used MPFI gypsy with all the possible mods will still be much cheaper than this. Once your warranty is gone, why would you go back to the dealer? I would rather use a Maruti product - since everything does remain the same.

Banish comparing a jeep to the Thar. Internationally diesel is much more expensive compared to petrol. If that happens here, I wonder if the classifieds on this forum will crash due to the number of ads ;-)
Old 14th December 2010, 13:52   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
...Changing tyres of a different size will ensure you lose warranty on suspension and all related parts.
In effect most of the people on this forum or outside of this forum going to OTR drives would change their tyres making their warrany null and void. May be that is what M&M wants and hence the choice of HT tyres.
Old 14th December 2010, 14:51   #172
jp1
BHPian

On third party hard tops, I could find these earlier threads. Since it is going to be only Soft top, sourcing has to be worked out.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ve...ml#post2052303

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-te...roaders-5.html
Old 14th December 2010, 21:21   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
In Italy it comes with HT. Probably it is a law there.
No, no, no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
No it doesnt. Trust me on this.
Right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
India sends computer programmers to USA, rockets to outer space, but Mahindra is unable to find a good fibreglass fabricator to make a hard top for the Thar.
Who told you about this? Tini, it will look better than your HT

Quote:
Do you understand the concern for security here?

Looks like not, since immobilizers are not 'mandatory in India'!
Man, I don't set rules, I just abide by them, and please don't tell me about security; I know how to secure and pilfer security systems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex670c View Post
You forgot M&M's Blue Eyed Boy -- ROPLAS.
Oh no, not again. This boy is different. :-P

Spike
Old 14th December 2010, 21:27   #174
Senior - BHPian

Thar to be launched on December 21.

Mahindra to launch Thar on 21 December 2010 » CarWale News

Get Ready Everyone!
Old 14th December 2010, 22:01   #175
AWD
BHPian

I thought our pals at Mahindra would the first to reveal the launch dates on tbhp but CarWale beat them at this!
Some Auto magazine could carry a report in this months latest issues, maybe a first drive...!
Old 15th December 2010, 00:04   #176
Senior - BHPian

its the facebook users who got the first dates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
update on facebook.
Quote:
Mahindra Thar

After all the patience you guys’ have shown, we are pleased to announce that the Mahindra Thar CRDe 4x4 will be launching by the end of this month.
Keep checking this space for more details.on Monday

Last edited by jeepster : 15th December 2010 at 00:05.
Old 15th December 2010, 10:20   #177
BHPian

Another day goes by! No formal announcement on the launch dates and pricing. It's just building the frustration higher at our end. It would be good to know the different variants and the different customizations that are possible at the dealer end. This would at-least give us some room to plan our preferred customizations and also decide if we need it from the dealer or we need to source it from else where.

In the article on Carwale posted on the launch date, it states that there will be no white color available, that is sad.

Come on M&M make the announcement and raise the curtains to showcase what we have.
Old 15th December 2010, 11:24   #178
Senior - BHPian

Carwale has a good article out. Hope the fact of the white color aint true. Pricing is also not good! All i can say is M&M Bhpians where you all.

Its still 2 weeks for xmas so you are not supposed to be on a vacation. Or you planning on coming as santa and dropping it off everyones house? For free. Wow would love that to happen.

Mods i guess one more thar thread to be closed. Wake it up when 1000 vehicles are sold and lock it now
Old 15th December 2010, 13:16   #179
BHPian

I just called up 2 Mahindra dealers here in Chennai - India Garage and MPL.

A lady who attended my call at India Garage said that Thar would be launched only by Jan. And when I asked that I am hearing that it is getting launched this month-end, she said that it cannot be so and they have not got any news yet.

I got almost the same response from MPL too. Here, the lady told it will be only in the next year.. I have given my number asking her to intimate me if there is any news regarding this.

So, seems we are to wait for some more time...
Old 15th December 2010, 13:46   #180
BHPian

Mahindra Thar DI 4X2 BS3 will be priced at Rs. 4,42,000/-,

Source: Mahindra Thar in Dec, Prices out | Goa On Wheels
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks